What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for this weekend

Frederick

Staff member
You mean YOUR Bunnies comment:
Sir Knight82 said:
Comparing playing the Rabbitohs the perputual wooden spooners to the Brisbane Bronco's is just foolish.

And I think the word you were looking for is 'insinuating' and, no, by saying 'could', I wasn't insinuating anything. I was saying there is a POSSIBILITY that our forward pack could outclass theirs on Sunday.

Captain_Fred said:
Whilst I'm not happy with Hages decision to only have one prop on the bench, it seemed to work last week, who's to say it wont work this week?

Your comparing the team that we played last week by the team that we played last week friend.

Does this require any further information.

RABK

Referee
antonius said:
That's nowhere near the team we've had all year, and certainly not the team that was carving early on. No Perry, no Tolar (prob our best benchie) no Reynoldson, no Thaiday. The bench is packed with lightweight justers. We'll lift against the Broncs we always do, but the bench could be improved. Saying it's the team we've been cleaning up with all year is just plain incorrect.

Team v the Dogs

1. Milton Thaiday
  2. Brian Carney
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Anthony Quinn
  6. Kurt Gidley
  7. Andrew Johns (C)
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Josh Perry
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Kirk Reynoldson
  13. Reegan Tanner
Interchange:
  1. Adam Woolnough
  2. Daniel Tolar
  3. Riley Brown
  4. Todd Lowrie
Nothing like the team this week

4 players, wow Tony.

What is plain incorrect is calling that team terrible because it is 20kgs lighter then the Broncos bench.

I have no doubt our forwards will match the broncos, size does not mean a thing.

antonius

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
4 players, wow Tony.

What is plain incorrect is calling that team terrible because it is 20kgs lighter then the Broncos bench.

I have no doubt our forwards will match the broncos, size does not mean a thing.
Wow yes 4 players, 4 players that make a signicant difference to the team. The bench is lightweight, it's overloaded with what I'd term utility players.

Frederick

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:
Your comparing the team that we played last week by the team that we played last week friend.

Does this require any further information.
So, let me get this straight...I'm comparing the team we played LAST WEEK, by the team we played LAST WEEK? So, essentially, I'm comparing the Rabbitohs with themselves?

...yes, you better give me more information, because I fail to see where I did that.

antonius

Coach
Your Quote RABK was.
Just amazes me that these "small" forwards are the same blokes who have been carving up bigger packs all year yet were now a bunch of school boys about to get torn apart by a pack we matched when most of these guys were 19/20 yr old rookies in 04
this weeks team does not contain those forwards that have carved up bigger packs all year. It's what we had last week, that could barely contain Souths forwards. Anyone who thinks we couldn't come up with a stronger bench than that without weakening the overall strength of the team is kidding themselves.

Captain_Fred said:
So, let me get this straight...I'm comparing the team we played LAST WEEK, by the team we played LAST WEEK? So, essentially, I'm comparing the Rabbitohs with themselves?

...yes, you better give me more information, because I fail to see where I did that.

You know what I meant you refuse to stay on topic so I am not going to bother anymore.

Frederick

Staff member
How am I not staying on topic? This is, and always has been, a discussion about the team for this weekend, which you then took off-topic by claiming that I was comparing the Rabbitohs to the Broncos.

Well you did you said that we coped well with the game last week and would again this week as previously quoted.

Which is saying that we'll cope with the Bronco's as well as we coped with the Rabbitoh's.

Your very frustating, I am not saying that we wont.

I am merely making the point that you cant compare the two teams.

Its like comparing Mundine to that 2097th ranked boxer that he flogged up on the GC.

Frederick

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:
I am merely making the point that you cant compare the two teams.
I'd still like to know where I compared the Rabbitohs to the Broncos. All I was doing was saying that if a more mobile forward-pack worked last week, then perhaps it could work this week.

Frederick

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:
Your very frustating, I am not saying that we wont.
To me, it sounded like you already had us pinned for a loss when you posted this:
Sir Knight82 said:
You dont win games if you dont go forward RBK.

Have a look at the punch that the their bench has RBK imagine bringing them on when our forwards are tired particularly our two biggest workhorses Simo and Bedsy when they back up.

They'll make metres virtually at will.

And Davico cant be ready to match them yet the fellas just getting over a massive injury and can you really imagine Lowrie, Brown and Mullen stopping them in the their tracks?

Unfortunately their forwards are likely to open up a tremendous amount of metres which in turn will allow plenty of second phase and we all know what that leads too.

TooheysNew

Coach
If the game plan is mobility then our bench definately has that, only problem is I dont think Hagan has the balls to come up with an effective plan to back this up.

I think a big bench would have been the safer option.

antonius

Coach
roopy said:
I'd love to see Mullen and Walsh teamed up in PL - Mullen running off Walsh was a beautiful thing in SG Ball two years ago - and both have improved %1000 since then.
A great playmaker like Walsh with a great running 5/8 like Mullen is a rare combination - all they need is Dureau to fill in at both half and 5/8 and the three musketeers would be back together.
Mullen should be learning his skills with as much game time at the level he is ready for that we can give him. He isn't better than Kidley yet - but he will be by next season - and probably a rep player the year after.
That's definately what we should be doing, Walsh and Mullen will be the future Halves pairing at the club, provided we can hang onto them. Tighe could revert back to centre in Premmy league.

As for the selection this weekend, the proof will be in the pudding on Sunday. I think it's a poor bench

Mr Saab

Referee
No need to have infighting. Whatever team the Knights put on the field i am sure they will do the job. They are at home and will have 26k people cheering them on and getting hometown penalties.

Frederick

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
No need to have infighting. Whatever team the Knights put on the field i am sure they will do the job. They are at home and will have 26k people cheering them on and getting hometown penalties.
Unless De Las Heras is reffing ;-)

Latest posts