What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for this weekend

PrideKnight

Bench
Captain_Fred said:
Out of all the current refs, I'd say Archer is the least incompetent.

exaclty, id be saying joy sarcastically to any ref.

i wanna sample this new young one, glad we arent the guinea pig team though

Johns Magic

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Yup, just like the Bulldogs were going to run straight through us.

Having an 103kgs on you does not mean you're going to be making more metre then a 98 kg bloke.

Oh and you see who's in the number 7 jersey? How many times has he gone into Origin or indeed a game with Newcastle and played a monster pack but done nothing but turn them around and shift the ball around rendering them useless lards of sh*t?

I don't have enough fingers or toes...

Just amazes me that these "small" forwards are the same blokes who have been carving up bigger packs all year yet were now a bunch of school boys about to get torn apart by a pack we matched when most of these guys were 19/20 yr old rookies in 04?

Need i remind you of the premiers pack weight last year?

You've all jumped the gun in calling that a horrible team, it's close to the team we've had all year. And i know our forwards will prove you wrong.

Difference is mate, we're missing three of our main grunt men up-front in Perry, Reynoldson and Tolar. Together these three have averaged 311.3 metres and 64.3 tackles per match, and do alot of the dirty work. We really missed these three last week.

In their place, we now have a tiny half in Jarrod Mullen, a wiry backrower who averages around 50 metres a match in Todd Lowrie, and an ageing front-rower who played about 20 minutes last week in what was his first match for about 2 years in Luke Davico. Riley Brown isn't a metre-eater in any sense of the word either.

There is a big difference between this pack and the others we have had this year, and it showed last week.

RABK

Referee
Not true at all, in their place we have...

Perry > Davico
Reynoldson > Newton
Thaiday > Seage

Tolar for Mullen is a loss for the forwards i'll admit that. But of the other three you couldn't really say much about a loss...

Johns Magic

Referee

Perry > Davico
Reynoldson > Newton
Thaiday > Seage

Tolar for Mullen is a loss for the forwards i'll admit that. But of the other three you couldn't really say much about a loss...

The fact is our bench usually contains two front-rowers in Tolar and Woolnough, a big back-rower in Reynoldson or Newton, and a utility in Brown.

This week we have an underdone Davico, a thin back-rower in Lowrie, Brown, and a half Jarrod Mullen.

On top of this Perry is gone from the starting line-up.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
PrideKnight said:
Archer..joy
I honestly think that Archer is the best of the bad lot. Someone has said that if they were picking a State Of Origin ref this weekend, Archer would be it. I'm inclined to believe it. I thought he had a very good game the last one he reffed us, Vs the Dragons. Only about 6 or 7 penalties all match I think for memory.

Doctor

Bench
Dribble, dribble, dribble -- you two need to chill out a bit. :lol:

Anyhow, from what I'm gathering the disagreement isn't in the size of the forwards so much as the distinct lack of forwards. It's all well and good to say our bench is small this week, but it comes as no surprise given there are only two forwards... with a utility and a playmaker. I'd be a bit worried about our conditioning if these players were all expected to look like Andre the Giant.

The issue here is that we haven't selected recognised forwards. I suppose I can only speak for myself in saying that we probably need at least one extra forward, a prop preferably. It just gives a bit of extra credibility to our bench, and doesn't force blokes like Newton, Simpson, Quinn and Brown into positions that don't suit them.

The two signs that the bench is under-staffed with big men will be:
1. Simpson and/or Newton in the front row.
2. Brown playing in the second row

Watch for it.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
4 players, wow Tony.

What is plain incorrect is calling that team terrible because it is 20kgs lighter then the Broncos bench.

I have no doubt our forwards will match the broncos, size does not mean a thing.

Oh my god...... I've just been reading all your comments in this thread and I'm almost lost for words.

How old are you out of curiosity? I'm assuming in high school at best.

You come across like you don't understand the basics it takes to win a football game.

"4 players wow tony" That call is for a start idiotic. Let's take johns, Smith, buderus and simpson out of the team. Hey wow, it's only 4 players.... We would get beaten by 50 without them. Stop me if I'm going to fast...

A teams bench is highly important. We got smashed for half of last year, mainly because when our light weight inexperienced bench came on they were dominated.

a 103kg forward that has ability is twice as valuable as a 98kg [at best] forward that lacks go forward.

I'm assuming you must be simply after a reaction, because I find it hard to believe the dribble out of your mouth RABK is for real, unless as I said you were a kid who didn't know better

RABK

Referee
Bring it home Knights said:
Oh my god...... I've just been reading all your comments in this thread and I'm almost lost for words.

How old are you out of curiosity? I'm assuming in high school at best.

You come across like you don't understand the basics it takes to win a football game.

"4 players wow tony" That call is for a start idiotic. Let's take johns, Smith, buderus and simpson out of the team. Hey wow, it's only 4 players.... We would get beaten by 50 without them. Stop me if I'm going to fast...

A teams bench is highly important. We got smashed for half of last year, mainly because when our light weight inexperienced bench came on they were dominated.

a 103kg forward that has ability is twice as valuable as a 98kg [at best] forward that lacks go forward.

I'm assuming you must be simply after a reaction, because I find it hard to believe the dribble out of your mouth RABK is for real, unless as I said you were a kid who didn't know better

Right...

Having two props and large forwards on the bench is a basic of winning football games? Absolute crock of sh*t.

While it helps if that's your game plan, a lot of teams do not have this game plan, a lot go for mobile smaller packs case in point the premiers. Size isn't a basic of the game at all.

The 4 players comment had nothing to do with any players ability what so ever, It was more so that 4 players out is not "nothing" like the team we've been fielding all year. 4 players out of seventeen is not a big difference. Read properly, yet you wanna start with intelligence jibes? :lol:

Our light bench had nothing to do with our losing streak last year, we infact had the same bench almost all of the year. It was the return of Johns and nothing else that turned our form around, we won those last few games with the same pack we had all year. Once again you hypocrite - highlighting your own stupidity.

Our game plan won't be to have Lowrie and Brown run straight at Webcke and Civoneceva obviously, Johns will have them running their angles. Simpson, Newton, Smith and Woolnough are all capable of matching the Broncos pack up the middle.

I would hardly rate the Broncos pack anyway, you just read into their form too much. 80% of their packs success comes off the back of their two internaitonal props, not some incredible bench...

Btw, I'm 19 - don't like it - blow it out your arse. :)

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Having two props and large forwards on the bench is a basic of winning football games? Absolute crock of sh*t.

No it's not a crock of sh!t. Ask any half back. Go forward is a criticle factor. Without at least matching the other teams forwards the halfback and backline don't get the same room to move and in turn generally struggle.

The 4 players comment had nothing to do with any players ability what so ever, It was more so that 4 players out is not "nothing" like the team we've been fielding all year. 4 players out of seventeen is not a big difference. Read properly, yet you wanna start with intelligence jibes?

The four players out are big loses. perry, tolar, reynoldson are quality players that have layed the bench mark in our victories. They are all forwards that have much better go forward to help the backs lay on trys then brown, mullen and lowrie.

Our light bench had nothing to do with our losing streak last year, we infact had the same bench almost all of the year. It was the return of Johns and nothing else that turned our form around, we won those last few games with the same pack we had all year. Once again you hypocrite - highlighting your own stupidity.

Wrong again. Half way through the year most of the players came back and we performed. Johns was there at the start of the year with a lack of go forward on the bench and we had nothing. I can't begin to mention all the players that were interviewed later in the year and credited the close to full strength was the reason the team performed.

Our game plan won't be to have Lowrie and Brown run straight at Webcke and Civoneceva obviously, Johns will have them running their angles. Simpson, Newton, Smith and Woolnough are all capable of matching the Broncos pack up the middle.

Running angles will lead to nothing if the other team is dominating in the pack. A team can only perform running angles when they already have good go forward by quality go forward men.

Btw, I'm 19 - don't like it - blow it out your arse.

Sounds like an immature so called 19 year old ;-)

RABK

Referee
You all seem to be missing one thing about my argument - i am saying we are not lacking forwards!!!

I believe Tanner, Lowrie, Brown and Davico will give us the go forward we need!
Don't agree with me? Let's have the stats printed in this very thread when the become available after Sundays game.

While i agree that small packs can be dominated by a larger one, you all seem to be doubting Brown's, Lowrie's and Davico's ability. I'm quitely confident they will prove you wrong and not only match the Broncos pack but out perform them.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I hope they will. However they do not offer anywhere near what the other props they are covering for do.

I doubt their stats would be anywhere near as good as the players they are covering for. If they are half decent it is because they have had other players like tolar and woolnough giving good meters and in turn allowing the current bench more room to move and in turn allowing them more metres.

There is a HUGE difference regarding a teams winning ability with a team that has a bench of 3 or four big forwards that give good go forward. Then a bench of unproven players that are trying to do the job for the rest of the team when they come on.

If you can't see that. Then I'm probably without answers.

Perry > Davico
Reynoldson > Newton
Thaiday > Seage

I had enough of this argument yesterday.... But I'll just say one thing your readching, your really reaching.

I want them to win more than anyone but to do so many players will be playing above themselves this week.

RABK

Referee
Bring it home Knights said:
I must admit. I still haven't heard anything from you rabk that a consider worth while regarding your arguement.

WTF is an arguement? Yet i'm the immature guy who is stuck in high school? Perhaps you should go back and finish year 8? :lol:

And so because you don't agree with me my "arguement" :)LOL:) isn't worthwhile? Nice one bud.

Sir Knight82 said:
I had enough of this argument yesterday.... But I'll just say one thing your readching, your really reaching.

I want them to win more than anyone but to do so many players will be playing above themselves this week.

How is having faith in our players ability reaching? Alex you reading? Respect? :lol:

And tbh, i couldn't give a rats ass what you think K82.

I am not disrespecting you at all RBK I am just saying that you are reaching literally because if you cant see how those 4 players can make a difference then you well and truly have your red and blue goggles on.

If I was disrespecting you I'd be calling you names and getting personal.

And why dont you tell me why dont give a rats arse RBK? Or aren't you a big enough man?

RABK

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
I am not disrespecting you at all RBK I am just saying that you are reaching literally because if you cant see how those 4 players can make a difference then you well and truly have your red and blue goggles on.

If I was disrespecting you I'd be calling you names and getting personal.

And why dont you tell me why dont give a rats arse RBK? Or aren't you a big enough man?

Those 4 players will make a difference, i never said they wouldn't. What i am saying is that the 4 players replacing them will step up and minimize the loss. Faith in their ability, not stupidity at all.

Big enough man? It's a internet forum Chuck. Too late for name calling and getting personal, you know very well what i am talking about. Don't act like you don't.

antonius

Coach
Round and round this is going. As said before "Our team will lift this week" they always do for big games, the only disagreement I have is that it isn't the team that has "carved" this year, It's missing our best benchie this year in Tolar, The form prop in the club Perry (choked when I had to say that LOL) Reynoldson, who was really hitting his straps when injured. It's the team that struggled last week (especially in the forwards) and it'll be harder this week against Petro, Webcke, Thorn, Thaiday and co. We have overloaded the bench with utilities when in my opinion against the Broncos at least one more genuine prop would improve that bench immensely, we don't need Brown, and Mullen both on it. Wooly and Smith need a big sleep Sat night, because all they've got relieving them is Davico who would still be a way off first grade fitness. You're happy with the team RABK, I'm not, I think it could be improved.

Latest posts