What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Dragons - 2pm Sunday @ CommBank

Stagger eel

Staff member
we're paying $1.15 and the Dragqueens are out to $5+, surprises me a bit

also, I'd imagine Dylbro would get a few boos from the crowd, especially from the away fans, something he'll have to live with for a while I guess

geez...you'd almost be tempted to throw a bit on the queens...

it is old boys day and first home game since the passing of Ovo so you'd think our pack of idiots will turn up?

Watcher99

Juniors
Good to see Lumelume back... worth another try given the other options.

And looks like BA is expecting 80mins from Lussick this week.

Dylan Brown better have one of his "on" matches, rather than his can't be f**ked being involved matches... for swuch a talented and well paid guy he has run hot and cold for us this year (pre-grope).
I'm hearing Lume isn't playing this weekend

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm hearing Lume isn't playing this weekend

the only other option would be AMS which would be a massive gamble given that it's his first game and he hasn't played wing at this level but I guess that's the position we're in. kill or be killed.

Chipmunk

Coach
geez...you'd almost be tempted to throw a bit on the queens...

it is old boys day and first home game since the passing of Ovo so you'd think our pack of idiots will turn up?
Just out of curiosity, would anyone on the board, coaching staff or playing roster even know who Alan Overton was?

Was he still around the club at all?

yy_cheng

Coach
Does that girl still have an avo out on dyl?

Could she buy tickets to the game and sit behind the posts and prevent dyl from getting near the in goal area?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just out of curiosity, would anyone on the board, coaching staff or playing roster even know who Alan Overton was?

Nah mate he was in bad health for a while in a nursing home.

In terms of anyone at the club from a player or coaching perspective know who he was I highly doubt it.

Stagger eel

Staff member

if they don't than they should be marched out of the club...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Irony as earlier in year you said all fitness is done at training. Players don't get fit playing the game.
Agreed. They don't. One 80 minute session per week is f**k all fitness work. It's about enough to stay fit if your preseason was good. But once the season has started, if a player is unfit he will need to do plenty of extra conditioning.
That's when I said Grieg needs more minutes to get up to speed of the game,
Yes you did, and you were wrong if you were claiming those minutes were about fitness. Issues with the speed of the game are around timing and pushing through the pain barrier when you're gassed. If Greig isn't fit, he will need to do more than his 20 minute stint this week. I assume he has been doing a lot of low impact cardio - bike and swimming - while his foot heals, and he obviously started running well before his reserve grade appearance last weekend. Has he done enough cardio to get back to where he was? If he hasn't he won't get there just from playing NRL this week. Not even 80 minutes would improve him. He will need to do extras.
Analed by a contradiction
See above

Chipmunk

Coach
Was I close?
According to Google Bard

What was the average minutes played per match by Joey Lussick during the 2022 and 2023 English Super League seasons

Joey Lussick played 52 matches for St Helens in the 2022 and 2023 English Super League seasons, for a total of 2,680 minutes. His average minutes played per match was 51.8 minutes.
Here is a breakdown of his minutes played per match:
  • 2022 season: 27 matches, 1407 minutes, 51.7 minutes per match
  • 2023 season: 25 matches, 1273 minutes, 50.9 minutes per match

In how many games did he play the full 80 minutes

Joey Lussick played the full 80 minutes in 12 of his 52 matches for St Helens in the 2022 and 2023 English Super League seasons.

Here is a list of the matches in which he played the full 80 minutes:

2022 season:
Wigan Warriors (22 April)
Catalans Dragons (29 April)
Hull KR (6 May)
Leeds Rhinos (20 May)
Salford Red Devils (10 June)
Warrington Wolves (24 June)
2023 season:
Wakefield Trinity (12 February)
Hull FC (19 February)
Wigan Warriors (26 February)
Catalans Dragons (5 March)

So....5 months since he has played 80 minutes. If you take out the 12 games where he has played 80, he's averaged 43 minutes a game in the other 40 matches.

We all know now, you'd think the coaching staff would be aware of this. If they play him for 80 minutes and he fatigues badly, then it's on the coaching staff and no one else.

You'd have to think someone (I suspect Hopgood) will have to play dummy half at some point.

Last edited: