What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to vs eels

Twenty10

Juniors
I'm guessing that Doust would make the commercial decision to save Benji's first game for a home game to try and capitalise on the increased crowd numbers

If we weren't on the verge of losing 6 in a row against last years wooden spooners I wills agree. But we don't have a choice.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm guessing that Doust would make the commercial decision to save Benji's first game for a home game to try and capitalise on the increased crowd numbers

Forget Marshall, one thing that would increase the crowd numbers is the absence of Price.......preferably after the Parra game.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Came across twitter that Cooper has an arm injury and is bring monitored.

Nevertheless - this team list is reads like Abbott n Hockeys budget (depressing)

Could be worse......Peter Costello could be treasurer.......then it would be Abbot & Costello

league

Juniors

Benji is definitely being considered for this week.

First he must come through training looking fit and ready.

Then there is the compensation issue. The club is working on it and are confident they can get something done soon. However, the Dragons are reluctant to pay the Tigers any cash. In fact, they are adamant that they won't pay it in cash.

Twenty10

Juniors
The team looks weak. No changes amazes me. But I suppose you need players who can step up... We hardly have them either. Recruiting has been a disgrace and price needs to be axed as a result. Recruiter 2 very average centres and 2 very average half backs. An over paid back rower and a couple of hacks.

Widdop is only shining light.

If eels win, and they are heavily favored to do so, surely that will be the end for price. Surely.

They won't sack him and he won't quit they have had two years of the same results and he kept his job why think they will make a decision now.

All these rumours are just that rumours the simple fact is Doust doesn't want to look like a bad guy and get rid of him as it would be an admitance of failure and he hates to look bad.

Price as bad as he is has pride misguided it may seem he won't walk away even though honestly he should he is over his head and the advice he gets from others makes him look even more foolish.

This is just my opinion but coaches may just avoid the Dragons and its got nothing to do with the history and standing in the game its whoes in charge and how they operate if I was a coach I wouldn't consider the Dragons if a certain Peter Doust had no part at the club.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
The team looks weak. No changes amazes me. But I suppose you need players who can step up... We hardly have them either. Recruiting has been a disgrace and price needs to be axed as a result. Recruiter 2 very average centres and 2 very average half backs. An over paid back rower and a couple of hacks.

Widdop is only shining light.

If eels win, and they are heavily favored to do so, surely that will be the end for price. Surely.

No it won't.
They have had ample chances to sack him, they wont now.
Win lose or draw Saturday, Price is safe.
We are in round 10, with a real prospect of challenging for the spoon, and a differential of -41. If last week wasn't the catalyst, this week wont be either.
Sad but true.

DUB888

Juniors
No it won't.
They have had ample chances to sack him, they wont now.
Win lose or draw Saturday, Price is safe.
We are in round 10, with a real prospect of challenging for the spoon, and a differential of -41. If last week wasn't the catalyst, this week wont be either.
Sad but true.

I hear ya TS , I would like to think the quality of professional players we now have coupled with the teams obvious low morale would force change so as to avoid the embarrassment that is happening on the field. Pretty soon Doust is going to have to save his own arse.

TruSaint

Referee
I hear ya TS , I would like to think the quality of professional players we now have coupled with the teams obvious low morale would force change so as to avoid the embarrassment that is happening on the field. Pretty soon Doust is going to have to save his own arse.

It does come back to Doust Dub's. I agree.
History worries me in that regard.

Latest posts