What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v.s Souths

cheese

Bench
Billy Slater 2009

Height 178, Weight 87

No doubt several kegs lighter back in 04 when he first played SOO

chewsta

First Grade
Weight means fugg all when your willing to have a dig. Nathan Friend one of the smaller blokes in the comp, yet tops the tackle count every game he plays. He made 70 odd when they played us!

Give the kids a run. One at a time, like many here have suggested and lets see which ones are willing to have a dig and make the most of an opportunity.

We are losing games trotting out players that the club thinks are shit and are trying to offload anyway. Why not try something new and try?

I also don't understand why the club is stopping Lichaa (or any other player for that matter) from playing firsts. Every player is an investment If we don't make the most of those investments whilst we can, then it really is money wasted.

rabbitohs95

Bench
From what ive learnt from Michael Maguires tenure at Souths, especially in the last year or so, is that the coach needs to put faith in all his players, and not to be afraid of blooding youth. This year Souths have had 6 debutants and 5 of them have forced themselves as regular first graders. With the Sharks that coulsve easily happened with Holmes, Lichaa and Penani imo. Hopefully for the Sharks sake Sharp adopts this way of thinking and coachong. The club and rookies will both be better off.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that is the way to go, it seems a simple and obvious way to go about it, but not in Flannos mind.

I noticed someone said its how successful clubs operate and they do, plus when you are successful you can afford to rest key players in certain parts of the season in order to give someone else a go in a strong side which also means when finals come and a key player breaks down, you know if their replacement is worthy or not

So 1 other question, I see mention of 2nd tier salary caps a lot around the league but the one thing I can't seem to find, who exactly is our top 25 right now? Or 24 I believe?

Card Shark

Immortal
From what ive learnt from Michael Maguires tenure at Souths, especially in the last year or so, is that the coach needs to put faith in all his players, and not to be afraid of blooding youth. This year Souths have had 6 debutants and 5 of them have forced themselves as regular first graders.

That's impressive.

We have had 2 or 3, even with a massive injury toll.

I know I will be shouted down for this but you need to balance all of this change with loyalty.

It's a very fine line. Very fine.

webShark

That's impressive.

We have had 2 or 3, even with a massive injury toll.

Keary 84kg
Koroisau 85kg
Johnson 84kg

Reefy rarely answers when smashed.

So Souths drop their leading ever try scorer for a skinny kid.

According to some on the forum Holmes doesn't speak and is too small. Come round our place we can fatten him up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ftr I see Holdsworth as solid player, don't share the hate.

Sure he is no superstar, but equal to Robbo.

Put a running 5/8 next to him, and let him steer.

He is no speed bump.

Holdsworth may be solid, but he's not up to the pace and intensity of NRL 1st grade football after spending several years in England. The best I saw him play was when Robbo was his half back at the trial game against the Wests Tigers.

Ads

First Grade
Holdsworth is more of a running 5/8 than a steering halfback though.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
2011-new-fantasyland.jpg

Latest posts