What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is why origin > tests

Mr Fourex

Bench
I rate Test football over Origin, and I would support the Kiwis joining NSW and Qld in the Origin arena- it could be a Tri series with all three teams playing eachother home and away, and the two sides contesting the final determined by points aggregate. The final would be played home and away, with the team (again) scoring the most points over both legs being deemed the Champions.

Let them start their own State V State comp FFS....!!

We've done enough to lift the NZRL quality since we let them play in the NRL

and the UK, what with it's hordes of ex-OZ NRL players and UK players in the current NRL.

When is enough......enough ??

I get sick to death of Australians teaching foreigners how to play a sport to beat us.....

The OZ coat tail is only so big.

Time for NZRL and GB to stand on there own two f*cken feet

......for once!

adamkungl

Immortal
lol keep chucking that pic bro, it doesn't gain anymore relevance with repetition

U jelly of SOO and wish everyone thought the WC means anything at all. It doesn't though but its all you've got so I don't blame you for dogedly clinging to any achievement no matter how far in the past it was

How sad

The sad thing is people bagging the international game, rather than supporting it and building it up to the level of SOO. More support from the fans = more money in it = a better product. Of course it works both ways... but at the very least the diehards on here could get behind it ffs.

I rate Test football over Origin, and I would support the Kiwis joining NSW and Qld in the Origin arena

derrrrp

Shorty

Staff member
I get behind it - But I'm realistic and respect must be giving to SOO, which earns a lot of money for the game.
And I find it annoying when Kiwis gloat about like 3 victories and one damn RLWC win, one lol and it's their first WC.

IRL will grow when other countries become more competitive, the Kiwis are getting there....but they'd want to back up their WC win with another and actually win a few test matches.
That really irritates me, when the Kiwis go and get toweled after winning a comp previously.
The WTA has this happen constantly and is regarded as a joke because of it, it's a mentality thing.

England, are improving as well, but they need to focus more on their own and not ex NRL players.

This isn't Australia's fault.

Last edited:

johns_reds

First Grade
if this is the pinnacle than rugby league isn't that big outside Australia, I was in France during game II and it didn't even get a mention on the standard international news/sports channels (CNN, BBC etc.)

I couldn't find anywhere to watch it or what channel it was on, apparently delayed on Eurosport 2 but never saw it played in my hotel room.

League needs to lift international exposure otherwise it will turn into AFL and be big in one country, it at least needs to overtake rugby internationally.

hutch

First Grade
You even said yourself that the quality of RL is higher in SOO than Int RL.

So the pinnacle of RL has sub standard quality....?

I don't think so.

Representing your country might be by your definaition the highest form/ pinnacle for representive RL, but it is definately NOT the highest form / pinnacle for quality RL

If NZ, GB, France and who ever else calls themselves serious contenders weren't such absolute crap

then the story might be different.

So Barcelona v real Madrid is the pinnacle of the entire sport of soccer?

adamkungl

Immortal
I get behind it - But I'm realistic and respect must be giving to SOO, which earns a lot of money for the game.
And I find it annoying when Kiwis gloat about like 3 victories and one damn RLWC win, one lol and it's their first WC.

IRL will grow when other countries become more competitive, the Kiwis are getting there....but they'd want to back up their WC win with another and actually win a few test matches.
That really irritates me, when the Kiwis go and get toweled after winning a comp previously.
The WTA has this happen constantly and is regarded as a joke because of it, it's a mentality thing.

England, are improving as well, but they need to focus more on their own and not ex NRL players.

Agree. Kiwis have nothing tbh. 3rd best international team in RL.

This isn't Australia's fault.

Partially is. The rules and attitudes around SOO encourage picking Kiwis.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The sad thing is people bagging the international game, rather than supporting it and building it up to the level of SOO. More support from the fans = more money in it = a better product. Of course it works both ways... but at the very least the diehards on here could get behind it ffs.

derrrrp

Mate I support Int'l RL. There's not a test match that has been played in SEQ over the last 6 years that I haven't attended. But to say that it is bigger and played at a level higher than SOO is just straight up bollocks. As is claiming a tourney win, which was nothing more than an extended 4N, as some sort of pinnicle when NZ have lost the majority of the games since is simply pathetic.

Its not up to the fans to build up Int'l RL, its up to the bodies so run it to ofeer more games and better incentives for fams and players to get involved.

Case in point, Aust isn't playing an end of season series this year and what are England and NZ doing? Nothing. Its a perfect opportunity to play a series and maybe build something but no one is organising squat.

Fast Eddie

First Grade

You have your head in the sand and gloat like Australia has won every Tri/Four Nations and WC in the last 7 years. Fact of the matter despite you liking to ignore it is that in a tournament format the Kiwis are only slightly below the Kangaroos. If we had won one tournament in the last 6 years then I would agree that maybe its the sign of a fluke but thats just not the case. If the Kangaroos are as dominant as you make them out to be they must be classed as the biggest chokers in world sport then.

NZ has only won 2 games against Australia since 2006 and both just happened to be in the final of a tournament.

So Barcelona v real Madrid is the pinnacle of the entire sport of soccer?

International soccer is actually relevant though unlike rugby league. As an individual match it's arguably the biggest in the sport though.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm well aware that Australia are better than the Kiwis in one off games with 3-4 days preparation, don't think I've ever claimed otherwise.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
You make out like that in each tournament since then that the Kiwis play Australia 3-4 times each time.

To put it into actual perspective

2008 Loss in the round robin, Win in the final
2009 Draw in the round robin
2010 Loss in the round robin, win in the final
2011 Loss in the round robin

3 losses in 6 games

Fast Eddie

First Grade
And there it is, dodging the facts because they are to painful to face

Weak. As . Piss

:lol: like every Australian who dodges the fact that in a tournament they are hardly if any better than the Kiwis.

You win one off Tests in the middle of the season against us, we win finals against you. I'm alright with that for now.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
No they don't, they win some finals. Aust win every 1 off test

Its pretty bad that in plenty of those years your mob couldn't even make the final considering how weak some of the Pom sides have been lately.

You rarely see 50 point blow outs in SOO. Same can't be said for games being played against Aust and NZ

Latest posts