What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

There’s lots of Brazilians keen to stay in Australia. In 2020 and 2021 Morrison was telling them to go home.

Now, in 2022, we are begging for a workforce.
Morrison is to us what Little Johnny was/is to your mob. Some of us here loath him, others will vote for him no matter what.
I have been talking to staunch LNP supporters who have decided they are changing state wise, as they do not like The Dom, they love Gladys.
One of my best mates ran directly against Morrison last election, he didn't make much of a dent but I was proud of him.
f**king me talking politics on a Saturday night... I'm dehydrated from working at The Brewery all day, my mind has altered.

Quigs

Immortal
Morrison is to us what Little Johnny was/is to your mob. Some of us here loath him, others will vote for him no matter what.
I have been talking to staunch LNP supporters who have decided they are changing state wise, as they do not like The Dom, they love Gladys.
One of my best mates ran directly against Morrison last election, he didn't make much of a dent but I was proud of him.
f**king me talking politics on a Saturday night... I'm dehydrated from working at The Brewery all day, my mind has altered.

Come over to the Dark Side Luke. If i was in Cook I would of voted for your mate.

Pssst how many postal and absentee votes did he get.

shaggs

Coach
Tsunami warning!!!
Some of that footage from Tonga was wild. The power behind that surge of water less than 1m high was crazy.

They evacuated Bondi beach last night. Can’t see how much power would be left by the time it reached Sydney

Special K

Coach
Cronulla beach is closed I read because of it. Was going to go for a walk and check the surf out but that last jack Daniels last night got me a beauty.

I saw McInnes this morning. The pics were correct he is built like an elite athlete. He had this presence about him due to his size walking past. Can’t wait to see him rip in this year.

shaggs

Coach
Cronulla beach is closed I read because of it. Was going to go for a walk and check the surf out but that last jack Daniels last night got me a beauty.

I saw McInnes this morning. The pics were correct he is built like an elite athlete. He had this presence about him due to his size walking past. Can’t wait to see him rip in this year.
There was plenty of people in the water this morning .
Surf was kinda trash. Wind was into it early.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Yeah not much panic on the beach or esplanades of the nulla at the moment.
Beaches closed but that doesn’t stop anyone, particularly those who can swim

DJDL

Bench
I've really wanted to let this whole vax or no vax argument lie for quite a while now but I had to share a story that was just shared with me by my sister.

A friend of my brother-in-law is apparently as anti-vax as they come. The usual argument: "I'm not putting anything in my body which hasn't been fully clinically tested." Blah, blah, blah.

He contracted COVID a couple of weeks ago and, on the advice of one of his mates, took a pill that was ordered online from India which will purportedly cure COVID within 3 days.

This time last week his symptoms are so bad he gets taken to hospital and has been in ICU since Tuesday or Wednesday.

By Friday his wife is being told by the doctors and nurses that she needs to have a serious talk with their children about what is going on and start to prepare them.

Thankfully this morning he is starting to improve slightly, though still not out of the woods by any stretch.

I seriously cannot wrap my head around the thought process behind refusing the vaccination and then taking something bought online. The hypocrisy is unbelievable. And therein lies my issue with a lot of the anti-vax brigade.

It's becoming a common story, Don Juan. I've heard of at least three cases pretty bloody similar.
The worst one ended with death to a friend's dad.

Special K

Coach
That’s like when Rogan said he didn’t trust Pfizer etc then proceeded to go take 409 different medications/injections to try and fight it 🧐

PJ

First Grade
I've really wanted to let this whole vax or no vax argument lie for quite a while now but I had to share a story that was just shared with me by my sister.

A friend of my brother-in-law is apparently as anti-vax as they come. The usual argument: "I'm not putting anything in my body which hasn't been fully clinically tested." Blah, blah, blah.

He contracted COVID a couple of weeks ago and, on the advice of one of his mates, took a pill that was ordered online from India which will purportedly cure COVID within 3 days.

This time last week his symptoms are so bad he gets taken to hospital and has been in ICU since Tuesday or Wednesday.

By Friday his wife is being told by the doctors and nurses that she needs to have a serious talk with their children about what is going on and start to prepare them.

Thankfully this morning he is starting to improve slightly, though still not out of the woods by any stretch.

I seriously cannot wrap my head around the thought process behind refusing the vaccination and then taking something bought online. The hypocrisy is unbelievable. And therein lies my issue with a lot of the anti-vax brigade.

Yep as I've mentioned before wife is a nurse working in the COVID area and the amount of patients she has had that wouldn't take the vaccine but the experimental treatment drugs is staggering.

I guess its easy to virtue signal that you don't want something that is fully approved when there is no skin in the game.

Craigshark

First Grade
Extremely healthy people who I know have had it have had severe cases with extreme symptoms. Nothing mild about it.

The way I see it is it can be deadly if your health is not good or if you are old. Otherwise it can be severe or mild regardless of your health level. It’s completely random.

I wasn’t saying you can’t get a bad dose of it, merely pointing out there are a lot of people who don’t even know they have it or if they do aren’t that sick from it in response to it not being mild. There’s obviously severe and mild cases of it. Not just one or the other.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Question without notice.

Why do we not have a relationships with the life savers of the beaches Cronulla, Wanda etc.?

I reckon all Sharks players should become qualified, bonafide life savers. Great for fitness and where is it wrong to have as many life savers as you can.

Let the guys and gals who patrol the beaches, come to training...

I am, qualified, serious 1996 had young kids. cannot swim anywhere near as well. Not the point
(Harold would drown), I just would like to see an association with the life savers, and cross training.

Cannot see a negative.

Every Shark player a qualified Life Saver...................

R-15-3

Juniors
Great idea but I think they would be more of a distraction.
Maybe get our Flegg onto it tho.

Latest posts