What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I suppose that the cost of 1 extra room for the two additional players and two extra plane tickets is not worth it for the players to experience a road trip and send a message that their efforts have been rewarded. I think it is though.

I just think it could have been good for some guys to get that opportunity.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
MarkInTheStands said:
The Problem with all of this. Is that the club has already taken the entire premier league on a Road Trip. . . . They were all in Auckland and got to experience what Big time footy is all about. But I am sure I don't know everything.

It was just an idea that travelling with experienced first graders in a first grade squad could be something special for them and give them more incentive.

Natalie's Daddy said:
I suppose that the cost of 1 extra room for the two additional players and two extra plane tickets is not worth it for the players to experience a road trip and send a message that their efforts have been rewarded. I think it is though.

Also Apart from Junior Palo, Jimmy Storrer came up the day of the game with Roy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:

that's fine, but you should be asking the other 15 or so clubs the same question..

Natalie's Daddy said:
It was just an idea that travelling with experienced first graders in a first grade squad could be something special for them and give them more incentive.

Yep and it might be even better if they got to play an feel what it is like to have to do prep - recovery in another town with unfamiliar surroundings like they have already done. . . . But don't let that stop you.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
that's fine, but you should be asking the other 15 or so clubs the same question..

How many other clubs have a road trip the same weekend as their Premier League team has the bye.

And MITS playing in NZ was a great experience but there is a difference when you are a young backrower and you get to train and prepare with Nathan Hindmarsh and other experienced first grade players.

Was James Storer part of the squad and training and preparing with the first grade squad. It is different when you are going up to watch.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The issue is that I think that it would have been a good experience and you two think it would have been a waste of money. Fair enough if that is what you believe.

Eelementary

Post Whore
caylo said:
i would rather we sent a team out like

Burt
Hayne
Tahu
Inu
Grothe
Keating
Finch
Paulo
Marsh
Fa'aoso
Hindy
Taia
Mateo

Keating
Hauraki
Tsulous
Lowrie

This team would prob get smashed worse, but it would look after the health of the players which is the most important thing. When players are ill, their resting heart rate will increase already, this will lead to you body releasing Adrenalin and Noradrenalin, which also causes the veins to constrict. Increase in activity could quiet easly lead to a heart attack. Im not surpised timmy pulled out halfway through the game, he would have had a bad headace. I'm intrested as to what Mr Johnston gave the players? The treatment could have also added to the drousyness of the players.

That's what I meant - the players' health, to me, is far more important than the 2 points.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Can't do anything about that. And knowing them, they all probably wanted to play - sick and all.

I just question the intelligence of it - lads, take the day off, recover, get your health back on track and we'll all be better for it. It's only round 7. At least, that's how I see it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Can't do anything about that. And knowing them, they all probably wanted to play - sick and all.

I just question the intelligence of it - lads, take the day off, recover, get your health back on track and we'll all be better for it. It's only round 7. At least, that's how I see it.

I can tell you that a couple of them were more than willing to play despite being under the weather.

Parra Guru

Coach
all i have gathered from this week is the pecking order:

1. players health
2. the two points
3. fan events in brisbane

:lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I can tell you that a couple of them were more than willing to play despite being under the weather.

That's just like them. That's their character - they're great lads.

It just saddens me that they want to do that ahead of risking their health. I mean, it's great to see they're not a bunch of pussies - but it can't ossibly have been fun getting smashed on the scoreboard and physically when they were that ill.

Still - I applaud the efforts of each of the 17 that went out there and did their best. I'm proud of you, lads.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Piggy was on Foxsports News this morning

Apparently we still have alot of players in doubt as they have not recovered yet, and some of the other guys have now caught it.

Looks like things are getting worse.

eel01s

Bench
Twizzle said:
Piggy was on Foxsports News this morning

Apparently we still have alot of players in doubt as they have not recovered yet, and some of the other guys have now caught it.

Looks like things are getting worse.

Oh no!

Obviously if guys are still catching this bug then there was no quarantining! Interesting to see who takes the field on Saturday - and what lessons the medical staff have learnt from this.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
Oh no!

Obviously if guys are still catching this bug then there was no quarantining! Interesting to see who takes the field on Saturday - and what lessons the medical staff have learnt from this.

how do you know they haven't been quarantined???....FMD!! suddenly we've got medical experts here :crazy:

eel01s

Bench
eelavation said:
how do you know they haven't been quarantined???....FMD!! suddenly we've got medical experts here :crazy:

Fair enough - I am assuming.... however there must have been some kind of contact between the players for the virus to spread, therefore my assumption that there was no quarantining.

I am not a medical expert, nor claim to be.

Like most fans, I am desperately hoping there will be no repeat of what happened last week!

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
Fair enough - I am assuming.... however there must have been some kind of contact between the players for the virus to spread, therefore my assumption that there was no quarantining.

I am not a medical expert, nor claim to be.

Like most fans, I am desperately hoping there will be no repeat of what happened last week!

regardless, i'm pretty sure that the medical staff are on top of it but that's not say we may have another disruptive preperation.

Latest posts