What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
excatly so if they were sick on Wednesday/Thrusday not only did the club screw up by bringing a sick player(s) up that were never going to be 100% for the game but they risked the well being of the remaining players not to mention the other people on the plane, in the hotel and the Titans players.

If this was a more serious condition one that may lead to death like meningitis then the club could've found itself with serious legal problems.

do we know what the circumstances were that lead to the virus spreading? I'll give you another angle, players are encourage to the coaching/medical staff of any injuries and illness's, now could it been possible than one of the guys was sick but failed to tell the medical staff? they are footballers not rocket scientists, one of them thought I'm not going to let a little sniff or gastro stop me from playing and didn't bother to tell the staff.

Hurriflatch

Referee
True, eela that may have been the case I'll agree with you there

but wouldn't the club run some sort of medical before flying up or at least ask the players if there are any problems just in case a backup needs to be flown up?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
what injection can be given to make them play????

is it available to us non footballers??? hahahaha might need it if i get sick and need to go to work!!! hahaha

Hellsy

Immortal
My guess would be a nausea injection to stop them from throwing up.
Also maybe something so they didnt dehydrate

Y2Eel

First Grade
How did they all get it they been sharing drinks or kissing each other in the shower?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
True, eela that may have been the case I'll agree with you there

but wouldn't the club run some sort of medical before flying up or at least ask the players if there are any problems just in case a backup needs to be flown up?

mate, they are grown men..I saw junior game once at Cabra where Dallas Weston was looking after a flegg side and after the game he stressed to the players as a group that they need to know about any niggling inuries, it's exactly the same in firstgrade, the players were sweet on Tuesday when the team was chosen then between Wendesday and Sunday something happened where half the squad were shot ducks by kick off..

They all should know that if they're not 100% a few days out before the game they go and talk to the medical/coaching staff, it's a no brainer..

In 2005 Chad Robinson was ruled out of the Melbourne clash in Melbourne and was given a room on his own and was told to stay away from the players until the flight home..and that was on game day and the 18th man as they always carry in away trips stepped in and filled the void.

eelz47

Coach
jayjayselmes said:
what injection can be given to make them play????

is it available to us non footballers??? hahahaha might need it if i get sick and need to go to work!!! hahaha

need to go to work???

it would prob stop nausea and diaroheea.

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
mate, they are grown men..I saw junior game once at Cabra where Dallas Weston was looking after a flegg side and after the game he stressed to the players as a group that they need to know about any niggling inuries, it's exactly the same in firstgrade, the players were sweet on Tuesday when the team was chosen then between Wendesday and Sunday something happened where half the squad were shot ducks by kick off..

They all should know that if they're not 100% a few days out before the game they go and talk to the medical/coaching staff, it's a no brainer..

In 2005 Chad Robinson was ruled out of the Melbourne clash in Melbourne and was given a room on his own and was told to stay away from the players until the flight home..and that was on game day and the 18th man as they always carry in away trips stepped in and filled the void.

Thing is, the game was played at Gold Coast.
Hardly up the road from parramatta.
If this was a sydney game, I assume most of those players would not have played

CrazyEel

Bench
Hellsy said:
My guess would be a nausea injection to stop them from throwing up.
Also maybe something so they didnt dehydrate
Most likely an antiemetic but it only works by inducing a degree of sedation :(

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Thing is, the game was played at Gold Coast.
Hardly up the road from parramatta.
If this was a sydney game, I assume most of those players would not have played

well after today we learnt that timing is everything and depending on when exactly the virus spread it could of well have been the same scenereo if it was at Parra.

strider

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
ahhhhhh .... i think some of our players have been sick often this year then and been on the needles ... explains alot :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
JOB 3:14 said:
It didn't seem to improve his performance.

If you're fishing for a bite, I suggest you go and find Eric around the back of the sheds after the game on Saturday and air your feelings. It might do you two good to talk things over :D :D

Hellsy

Immortal
CrazyEel said:

Sounds like it.... :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :crazy:

Just jokes.

I know I have been with a flatmate when I had to take him to get a needle to stop vomiting, I have no idea what it was tho, and he also got something to re-hydrate him

CrazyEel

Bench
strider said:
ahhhhhh .... i think some of our players have been sick often this year then and been on the needles ... explains alot :lol:
From some of the posts tonight I'd say a few fans could do with a good shot as well. :lol:

eelz47

Coach
eelavation said:
well after today we learnt that timing is everything and depending on when exactly the virus spread it could of well have been the same scenereo if it was at Parra.

i think we would of seen some players back up if it stuck in the 11th hour

Stagger eel

Staff member
eelz47 said:
i think we would of seen some players back up if it stuck in the 11th hour

maybe..I don't know what the rule is for players who would of played PL to back up for firsts, can they?? and if the team is nominted at 2pm as with NRL rules and they started dropping like flys what happens then???

it may well have been a different situation but offcourse today was just one of those days.

Hurriflatch

Referee
what happens is that the opposition teams doctor will check the injured player if they agree that the player cannot play a replacement can be named