What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Raiding Dazz said:
Chokers Chokers, any excuse after a loss.

:lol: CAnberra raiders fans on these forums are soooooo funny... they disappear after a loss and only reappear when they win...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Raiding Dazz said:
Chokers Chokers, any excuse after a loss.

it's people like you that prove that you should have to pass a basic skills test before being allowed to breed.

anyone who is anti-abortion would take one look at you and change their mind

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
it's people like you that prove that you should have to pass a basic skills test before being allowed to breed.

anyone who is anti-abortion would take one look at you and change their mind

Hurri would know:lol: ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
If they were really sick, how was playing against a pumped Titans team at home, with a mild heat, going to help their health?

I know we needed the points, but at the possible expense of some of our players? :?

Perrymatta

Juniors
Timmy threw up before the game even started. I thought he was just nervous. The boys didn't even look that flash warming up to be honest and when Reddy i noticed both Grothe and Reddy were out there i knew something was up but i had no idea they were sick!

eel01s

Bench
I heard during Nine's commentary that some of the players had been sick. Didn't realise it was that bad, so I can understand the poor performance. The worst thing to come out of the game then was the injuries - I hope Fui and Tahu aren't badly injured.

Does anyone know what the bug was? If it was the flu, can anyone explain to me why the entire squad doesn't get a flu shot each and every year??? Such a simple precaution could potentially save a lot of heartache!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I had my boots in the car and I was feeling pretty dangerous.

Its never too late.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The boys although affected seemed ok up until the team was chosen at 2pm and it wasn't until the warm up when they started sweating that they believed something was very wrong.

Stagger eel

Staff member
was also told that both our doctors who were obviously there say it was the worst thath they've ever encountered and couldn't believe how severe the infection spread in such a quick time...both the Smith boys spent the night in hospital and there may be a couple more go in today.

noosa-eel

Juniors
Well that explains alot and it was very warm yesterday arvo, but it doesn't explain the view or lack of it i had in that northern stand, as a few others on here will know what i'm talking about. It was NOT GOOD

I don't think we can bag the players, it was a legitimate excuse.We are looking pretty decimated for next week. Fui, Tahu and a whole heap of players with the runs.

We might see a few young boys again.

I was worried that I had the Bug as I felt a little tingle in the throat before I had dinner afterwards, . . . . But that went away after a nice Ice Cream :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
This was my point early last week. If Premier League has the bye, what harm would it have been to take 4 extra players.

The advantages would have been:

1. As a backup for injury/illness
2. To give the players some incentive that if they play well they may break into first grade.

It was a win win with the minimal cost of two hotel rooms.

The Colonel

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
This was my point early last week. If Premier League has the bye, what harm would it have been to take 4 extra players.

The advantages would have been:

1. As a backup for injury/illness
2. To give the players some incentive that if they play well they may break into first grade.

It was a win win with the minimal cost of two hotel rooms.

Provided they were kept seperate to the team for the days leading up to the game and they too didn't suffer from the same illness then it may have been a good idea. Not sure if anyone knows if it effected any other members of the club?

The Colonel

Immortal
sooperdooper said:
wait so reddy had this bug yet he still got called up into the team?

sorry but thats a poor decision...

He was already on the Gold Coast. I know planes are remarkably quick but organising four or five players to get there before the game starts wouldn't have exactly been easy.

The boys although affected seemed ok up until the team was chosen at 2pm and it wasn't until the warm up when they started sweating that they believed something was very wrong.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Colonel said:
He was already on the Gold Coast. I know planes are remarkably quick but organising four or five players to get there before the game starts wouldn't have exactly been easy.

With more players there the chances of getting more players fit would have increased.