What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The clean out

Callahan

Juniors
I honestly don't think we have too stoop to the level of teams like dogs,storm or chooks all you need is decent coach a talent scout that can actually can see talent in a young player and get the team and club to be tight and willing to play for this club and this is the formula that gave success to this club and that's why we have one of the largest fan base in the comp because this club have never stooped to there levels which is in the gutter for those clubs

TruSaint

Referee
I honestly don't think we have too stoop to the level of teams like dogs,storm or chooks all you need is decent coach a talent scout that can actually can see talent in a young player and get the team and club to be tight and willing to play for this club and this is the formula that gave success to this club and that's why we have one of the largest fan base in the comp because this club have never stooped to there levels which is in the gutter for those clubs

I never said we should.
Good post though.

Let me ask you a question Callahan. Who appoints the coach and recruitment manager?

Saintsified

Bench
WRONG!!! if Doust did get caught, then what a idiot!!!! Raelene Castle shits all over this little turd and she didn't even know a thing about RL and Doust has been here how many Years? got shown up by a better businesswoman that has just moved to Australia. How can she manage to get all these 3rd party sponsors when our turd has been in Sydney his whole life?

May as well stay safe? and keep finishing outside the 8? good guy mentality don't work these days, its a business now and needs to be treated like one.

The Dogs had a wooden spoon in 2008, we haven't in recent times, it's not all tht great there either.

Saintsified

Bench
The only issue I have with cheating or going over the cap is the teams that usually do it win the comp, we don't even make the 8 lol

Saintsified

Bench
Not suggesting we cheat.
Just compete.

I'm with you, just saying we must be the only team that's going over the cap by $700k and don't even make the 8, in saying that I agree clean out is the way to go, start fresh with new kids on the block.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm with you, just saying we must be the only team that's going over the cap by $700k and don't even make the 8, in saying that I agree clean out is the way to go, start fresh with new kids on the block.

Yep agree, just not too many lol.

Callahan

Juniors
The name of the elite that made all those appointments are call the morons who in my opinion are known as jobs for the boys club and I honestly don't think they have any true understanding of this club, people the caliber of mark coyn,Nathan brown who have passion for this club are what we need not these dinsoures

62baby

Juniors
Last time we had a cleanout like this was 1976. Chang, Billy, Barry Beath, Roy Ferguson, Paul Mills, Barry Hulbert - a whole lot of Grand Finalists and club greats called it quits about then. Worked out ok in the end :).
Gotta admit I cried when Billy Smith went down, couldn't see how the club could continue. But it did.

bottle

Coach
the Souths team that was so dominant this year had a backline and halves full of juniors bar 2 and there forwards had quite a few juniors as well.

Inglis - No
Johnston - Yes
Walker - Yes
Avua'a - No
Tuqiri - No
Keary - No
Reynolds - Yes

Out of 7 players, 3 juniors only.

Forwards, 3 X Burgess, McQueen, Teo, Tyrell, Korisau. All imports. In fact of their starting pack only Sutton is a junior.

Your maths needs work Slip.
Our 2010 GF side had more juniors than that lot.

gonz

Juniors
WRONG!!! if Doust did get caught, then what a idiot!!!! Raelene Castle shits all over this little turd and she didn't even know a thing about RL and Doust has been here how many Years? got shown up by a better businesswoman that has just moved to Australia. How can she manage to get all these 3rd party sponsors when our turd has been in Sydney his whole life?

May as well stay safe? and keep finishing outside the 8? good guy mentality don't work these days, its a business now and needs to be treated like one.

Fact NZ, and even now with Bmoz who is contracted to saints RAYlene is bending him over line she holds all the aces. The only fair swap doust can do is a 2/1 deal, ie kasiano and sumone like Finnucane, never happen though as his an inept fool

Gomarchin

Juniors
Last time we had a cleanout like this was 1976. Chang, Billy, Barry Beath, Roy Ferguson, Paul Mills, Barry Hulbert - a whole lot of Grand Finalists and club greats called it quits about then. Worked out ok in the end :).
Gotta admit I cried when Billy Smith went down, couldn't see how the club could continue. But it did.

And we won the comp in 1977!

Will history repeat itself? If we make the 8 next year we've overachieved. Realistically I see us in the bottom 4.

Can't wait for Mary's list of excuses after each game...

hazzbeen

Bench
So, in essence, you would like our club to bend the rules, cheat, and scoop to the levels of teams such as the dogs??
Let me ask, what would everyones reaction be if we did this, and got caught? Everyone on here would be asking for Dousts head!!!
so it a no win for Uncle Pete, may as well stay safe and play by the rules!!
Me personally, id rather another year missing the 8 then to ever see my club get dragged through the dirt and be labbelled as cheats!!!
Each to there own.

Mate I dont know the answer.... but the board and Doust need to be smarter with the way they operate......we are getting left behind if we have to bend the rules a little, then be it.....

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
The only issue I have with cheating or going over the cap is the teams that usually do it win the comp, we don't even make the 8 lol

Was honestly thinking the same thing how can we be over the cap yet still can't make the 8 AND ontop of that we are now forced to get rid of players like morris who was our highest try scorer and just a gun for us through the crap times... Imagine how we are going to be without him..

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
The Dogs had a wooden spoon in 2008, we haven't in recent times, it's not all tht great there either.

yep and how many times they been in the playoffs since? we might not get the spoon but we have been trying f**ken hard to get it. They where crap all year and made a run late to make the GF, we started with 3 wins and went backwards. We seem to be going backwards instead of forwards in terms of our organization and on field performances.

Also Im not personally attacking anyone when I reply to posts, just expressing my thoughts on the issues, please don't take it personally as we are all Saints supporters and we all just want the best for our team. Thanks

Saintsified

Bench
Nah no offence taken...passion is what we all feel.

But people need to understand we can't compare ourselves with say South's. .They made hard decisions to move to ANZ and chase the cash and we want the hill at jubilee then wonder why we are a shambles and they are now a super club. A such as I don't like Doust he did push the big stadium idea and got smashed for it....time to modernise people in order to keep up in the modern game.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Was honestly thinking the same thing how can we be over the cap yet still can't make the 8 AND ontop of that we are now forced to get rid of players like morris who was our highest try scorer and just a gun for us through the crap times... Imagine how we are going to be without him..

Coz we were dumb enough to pay overs for players like Dugan, Widdop, and Marshall.

Now high profile players like Morris, and Merrin want an upgrade or else they'll walk.

Minh

First Grade
Welcome back Minh.

Where have you been?

I didnt get a late note.

PS good post mate.

Haha thanks Tru and others responding even if some don't fully agree, all valid points. I've been drowning some footy sorrows lately so to speak Tru.

Latest posts