What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The crowd against the Panthers.

Thought it was very disappointing.

Before everyone mentions the weather it only started teaming down after the kickoff.

First game of the season at home with so many new players on show and we got a an ordinary turnout of 10k.

I read an article in the paper this year where Zappia was pleading for the supporters to turn up to games this year or shut up if we folded.

He said we had to average 15 k for the year to keep the wolves at bay.

f*ck if you love your Sharks and u want to see them survive in the future u have to attend games.

I don't think supporters realise the seriousness of the situation.

What makes it worse our next two home games are on bum times.

A Monday night next week and a 5.30pm Sat kickoff after that.

I'm sure Zapps is very anxious about the crowd situation.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yeah its all about bums on seats but when the weather report suggests a storm is on its way im sure young families would rather stay in.

S.R.

Juniors
It was dark and gloomy from about 4ish on.
If I didn't have tickets, I wouldn't have gone.
Simple.

Walk up sales today would have been zero today.

Yeah its all about bums on seats but when the weather report suggests a storm is on its way im sure young families would rather stay in.

Yeah I don't blame people not wanting to bring young families in uncertain weather.

But I reckon the support from teenagers a major target market is way down to what we used to get years gone by.

There was probably close to 2000 Penriff supporters there tonight which leaves us around 8000 of our supporters who bothered to turn up and see all the new faces in the team tonight.

Foxtel is really killing us.

People are getting real soft these days.

Big Mick

Referee
Well I wont be going back again after tonight.

I pay a ridiculous amount for a grandstand seat..$35...stupid amount...considering your team can't get anyone in anyway.

Then what do I get for my money...a punch in the back of my head...2 cans thrown at me...and telling me to f**k off and don't care that I bought my ticket...the idiot behind me kicking me in the back all game then ripped my ticket up as well as taking my hat off and stomping on it. If I wasn't incredibly patient I would have knocked the drunk prick out...but then i'd be up for assault charges...

Where's the responsible service of alcohol. This moron kept coming back with 4 drinks at a time every 10 minutes. Its an absolute disgrace.

I'm calling the club first thing Monday demanding my money back. What a disgraceful performance from security as well...laughing it off when I complained to them regarding this moron.

Maybe the reason noone is rocking up is supporters like that.

Also...i'd like to apologise for the Panther moron's on the hill that were stupid during Ben Ross's injury. As a former Panther, I was extremely concerned for his well being and promptly told all those morons to shut up. Brett Seymour...I praise you for giving them the bird...they were dumbarses and deserved that.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well I wont be going back again after tonight.

I pay a ridiculous amount for a grandstand seat..$35...stupid amount...considering your team can't get anyone in anyway.

Then what do I get for my money...a punch in the back of my head...2 cans thrown at me...and telling me to f**k off and don't care that I bought my ticket...the idiot behind me kicking me in the back all game then ripped my ticket up as well as taking my hat off and stomping on it. If I wasn't incredibly patient I would have knocked the drunk prick out...but then i'd be up for assault charges...

Where's the responsible service of alcohol. This moron kept coming back with 4 drinks at a time every 10 minutes. Its an absolute disgrace.

I'm calling the club first thing Monday demanding my money back. What a disgraceful performance from security as well...laughing it off when I complained to them regarding this moron.

Maybe the reason noone is rocking up is supporters like that.

Also...i'd like to apologise for the Panther moron's on the hill that were stupid during Ben Ross's injury. As a former Panther, I was extremely concerned for his well being and promptly told all those morons to shut up. Brett Seymour...I praise you for giving them the bird...they were dumbarses and deserved that.

If i was there Mick I would have slammed the prik for you. I cant stand merkins like that ruining peoples nights out. f**king low merkin.
Do us a favour, before you complain, tell the club you found something from the guy sitting in that seat.
See if you can get a name.

Big Mick

Referee
I realise its a minority mate...believe me.

I've been to Toyota Park/Stadium for ages...every year at least for the last 10-15 years.

I was a Cronulla-Caringbah Junior.

But never have I been so upset and aggitated at a gentleman at a football match.

It was clear he was off his face...he was stumbling up the stairs....every 10 minutes...He shouldn't have been allowed to purchase more alcohol.

The family hill is a massive liability for the ground. Prior to the rain everywhere else seemed to have a reasonable amount of people but the family hill was empty.

Ausguy

Coach
Talking of the southern stand, there is big issues there.

From this year to last year they have given more room at the rear of the stand for sponsors/events. So when i rang up early last week to get my ticket i was told that that only the first 3 rows were still available.

How annoyed way i that when the game kicked off there were 7 people sitting in around 120 seats in the areae deemed for the sponsor/event???

Then when the rain came and everyone took cover at the rear of the stand the security told us to move back down so the 7 people could sit there again by themselves...

Now im not so much whinging about us being moved back i get that bit, but how dare they corden off an eara and not fill the seats for that event.

Makes the stand look empty and each game last year that stand was full of sharks and away teams fans.

While im having a whinge.... some other things i noticed.

- The amount of people in the southern stand who were not in the rcorrect seat, i had to ask 3 panthers fans to move from my seats, he got very upset cos he was sitting in the wrong bay. Hey sharkies put a big bay number above each bay on the roof, makes it easier to find your seat.

- Whats with not turning the lights on on the western side of the ground at the start of the day, saving money? I thought they were going to play with only half lights.

- Game day entertainment, FMD i could almost handle having the mini mermaids and cheerleaders on every week exclusivly IF they changed the song and dance for once, just once. FMD where are the skydivers and pepsi ball!!!!

-The players still run out to the same song, who is running the show down there...a bit of change would be nice

-oh and the fireworks, fmd save the money, waste of time!!! cant see for 5 mins and one day a kick off wil go dead cos the fullback cant ee the ball through the smoke

ok my rant is over.... i just find it embarrassing as a sharks fan that that is all we have!

Houdini

First Grade
Thought it was very disappointing.

Before everyone mentions the weather it only started teaming down after the kickoff.

First game of the season at home with so many new players on show and we got a an ordinary turnout of 10k.

I read an article in the paper this year where Zappia was pleading for the supporters to turn up to games this year or shut up if we folded.

He said we had to average 15 k for the year to keep the wolves at bay.

f*ck if you love your Sharks and u want to see them survive in the future u have to attend games.

I don't think supporters realise the seriousness of the situation.

What makes it worse our next two home games are on bum times.

A Monday night next week and a 5.30pm Sat kickoff after that.

I'm sure Zapps is very anxious about the crowd situation.

Very disappointing crowd. However I live in Caringbah and it was raining around 5pm for a good half hour. I'm sure this affected many people's decision to go to the game.

On a side note, I did manage to get a saint supporter to sit through the rain with me last night :lol:

Eion

First Grade
I'm still drying out...
Mick, if you complained to security about that goose and he laughed at you and did nothing make sure you take it up with the club. He should be sacked - noone should have to put up with that sh!t.

Quigs

Immortal
I was on the hill.

Wettest I've been. Ever.

Wettest.

Was there any Rainy Day Women ( in seats) #12 & 35

(I'm just filling in time whilst waiting for the Pommy league to come on at 2pm - sorry)

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

redback

Bench
I doubt we will get anymore than 15k to any game this season except for the game against the Dragons. We will probably draw 10-12k per game. Alot of peole are struggling out there and can't afford to bring their families to the game. I was intersted to see a Sharks fan complaining about the cost of food to one of the ladies behind the counter. $8 for a chicken Burger?? She basically shrugged her shoulders at him.

I have said it before and I will say it again...... Any child under the age of 15 accompanied by an adult should get free entry.

spider

Coach
I have said it before and I will say it again...... Any child under the age of 15 accompanied by an adult should get free entry.

how does that assist the club financially?

its one thing to draw a large crowd, its another thing to do so without supporting the club financially by giving it away

redback

Bench
how does that assist the club financially?

its one thing to draw a large crowd, its another thing to do so without supporting the club financially by giving it away

1/ Brings an adult to the game.

2/ They bring friends.

2/ They spend money at the game.

3/ They get used to attending games, and when the are of a paying age, they continue to attend.

spider

Coach
1/ Brings an adult to the game.
i would think most kids up to the age of 14 already do

2/ They bring friends.
but the club doesn't receive any financial benefit under your proposed scheme

2/ They spend money at the game.
small profit margins on beverage and merchandise product

food outlets would be contract - maybe lease revenue which would be a standard flat rate, irrespective of any sales

3/ They get used to attending games, and when the are of a paying age, they continue to attend.
by the time that comes of age the sharks will be playing else where due to the current poor financial status they are in

p.s - you fancy the number 2 redback?

Latest posts