What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easts Merry Go Round...

melon....

Coach
This makes me absolutely laugh.

The way some un-informed and definitely uneducated know-it-alls jump on the Easts Merry Go Round.

Firstly they say Easts are destroying the game, and when thats rebutted successfully...

They say Easts have no juniors and when that rebutted successfully....

They say we are killing off poorer clubs, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we dont develop and only buy superstars developed from other teams, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we are killing the game...and so on and so on.

Obviously people on this site LOVE getting the arses kicked from pilar to post!!!

BRING IT!!!

Go EASTS!!!! ONWARDs and UPWARDS!!! Are we arrogant!! Fantastic!! Are we selfish!! HELL YES!!! EVERY CLUB IS!!!

Are we acting illegally?? Lots of f**king Laughs!!!!

Welcome to the arse kicking Roosters Merry Go Round...enjoy your ride.

dimitri

First Grade
pfffffffffft

the well being of league in general is more important than any single club

anyone to do with easts should pull their heads in

ibeme

First Grade
melon.... said:
This makes me absolutely laugh.

The way some un-informed and definitely uneducated know-it-alls jump on the Easts Merry Go Round.

Firstly they say Easts are destroying the game, and when thats rebutted successfully...

They say we are killing off poorer clubs, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we dont develop and only buy superstars developed from other teams, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we are killing the game...and so on and so on.

Obviously people on this site LOVE getting the arses kicked from pilar to post!!!

BRING IT!!!

Go EASTS!!!! ONWARDs and UPWARDS!!! Are we arrogant!! Fantastic!! Are we selfish!! HELL YES!!! EVERY CLUB IS!!!

Are we acting illegally?? Lots of f**king Laughs!!!!

Welcome to the arse kicking Roosters Merry Go Round...enjoy your ride.

Measuring success is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

Anyone can claim success, but that doesn't mean they were successful.

t-ba

Post Whore
melon.... said:

Summise the Argument

summise and compare to other clubs

Explain...

Yet again, explain which players you had the greatest part in developing into superstars...

t-ba

Post Whore
Come on, You can't just claim victory without detailing the masterful ploys used to acquire it...

drake

First Grade
If you wonder why this thread was started, it's because they're getting thrashed elsewhere.
I am still yet to see an argument to make me fell less disgust with the Roosters heirarchy. I used to respect the team a fair bit, but this is a travesty.

The amount of reaction and anger this has inspired cannot be ignored, nor can the same argument of "well I know it's a league, where every one is supposed to be bound together, but hey man, it's every man for himself, and if your club doesn't have sh!tloads of cash coming in from people throwing all their money into pokies, well that's not our fault."
Look if it were the Dragons that threatened legal action, my post would be thus...
"I'm very ashamed at the actions of my club, and feel their greed has dishonoured the history and name."
We would like some more room to spend too, but you can't attack a sport and not earn the hatred of fans of that sport.
I believe in some countries, first world countries mind you, this would start off a riot.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
while we might make you laugh, i think you'll find you lot are the laughing stock over here. I find it quite funny how everyone else can see the problem but you cant no matter how much proof there is. oh well thats how see the situtaion.
but can i just ask you one thing. if the roosters werent one of the rich clubs and another team for example. the panthers were threatening to do what your team is doing, would you be suppourting it?

the_knights_rule

First Grade
drake said:
If you wonder why this thread was started, it's because they're getting thrashed elsewhere.
I am still yet to see an argument to make me fell less disgust with the Roosters heirarchy. I used to respect the team a fair bit, but this is a travesty.

The amount of reaction and anger this has inspired cannot be ignored, nor can the same argument of "well I know it's a league, where every one is supposed to be bound together, but hey man, it's every man for himself, and if your club doesn't have sh!tloads of cash coming in from people throwing all their money into pokies, well that's not our fault."
Look if it were the Dragons that threatened legal action, my post would be thus...
"I'm very ashamed at the actions of my club, and feel their greed has dishonoured the history and name."
We would like some more room to spend too, but you can't attack a sport and not earn the hatred of fans of that sport.
I believe in some countries, first world countries mind you, this would start off a riot.

I agree 100% with you drake, its shocking what the roosters are doing and if the knights had've done it then I would too be ashamed of the actions of the club. I think this is such a greedy and selfish act adn I cant see why thr roosters cant see that.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
Doesn't the fact that EVERYONE disagrees with the Roosters position on this tell you something?
Only one club voted for a salary cap increase (even though, the broncos, dogs etc would "benefit" to). What does that tell you?
This surely isn't a situation where just cause your a Roosters fan means you have to support them.
Would you be happier if there was only one club & you were champions every year?

fish

Juniors
What makes me laugh,the rooster supporters that say they are looking to the future but refer to their club as "easts"which is definately from the past.You guys are backing up your administration on what they are doing now how about calling your club what that same admin changed the name to.

I say let them bugger off if they don't want to play in the NRL.... If they don't like the Salary Cap, then they can start their own comp like the Bronocs did in the mid 90's.

Taiwan RL fan said:
1. Doesn't the fact that EVERYONE disagrees with the Roosters position on this tell you something?

2. Would you be happier if there was only one club & you were champions every year?

1.It tells us what blinkered morons you all are. :lol:

2. Shit yeah.:lol:

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
Rooster coqburn, you're a funny guy.
It won't be so amusing when the 2004 news on RL is all about some needless court case and nothing to do with the great action on the field. Union/AFL fans will be happy though.

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
Come on, You can't just claim victory without detailing the masterful ploys used to acquire it...
Read my previous 1000 rebuttals on the subject...you know the ones you chose to ignore.

melon....

Coach
Taiwan RL fan said:
Rooster coqburn, you're a funny guy.
It won't be so amusing when the 2004 news on RL is all about some needless court case and nothing to do with the great action on the field. Union/AFL fans will be happy though.
Union is happy now, they have the purse strings to buy our stars making League a Pub comp.

t-ba

Post Whore
Melon, you start a thread claiming victory. Atleast validate the existance of the thread with some substance, or go to the wall and claim victory...

Punk

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
melon.... said:

Summise the Argument

summise and compare to other clubs

Explain...

Yet again, explain which players you had the greatest part in developing into superstars...

They seem to be ignoring your post t-ba. I'd like to see them answer it.

Cogburn is, and I don't think I'm overestimating his intelligence here, the dumbest of the Rooster fans on this site.

Sure, he's only a Dung Beetle's pube in front of a few but he's the dumbest.

Lots of laughing emoticons. That's about the best part of his posts.

They're getting thrashed here. Every single argument they've put up in favour of their club's decision to threaten the NRL has been soundly defeated by numerous people. They can't see the wood for the trees.

Blind loyaly is costly in the end.

Zef

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Taiwan RL fan said:
2. Would you be happier if there was only one club & you were champions every year?
2. sh*t yeah.:lol:

But you's won't be RC, we will. We've got more money than you's and so that's the way it's gonna be. We've always wanted Wingy.

And don't don't come whinging to us about no salary cap then.