What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels Centre Of Excellence - Parramatta Jail

Tony Bongo

Bench
Just as Rabbitohs and Bulldogs average attendances have, since they moved there.
I'm happy to lose the Bart and BAE and Bongo season ticket holder types if it means we'll gain ten more for every one we lose.
Adios whingers.
What's good for the club as a whole financially, is good for all of us.

Suity

Ten more for every one we lose? Where do you get those statistics?
Also what if we are financially better off to merge, or to move to Perth or to become a new AFL franchise etc? You can't base everything on purely financial benefit and in any case hasn't the club been telling us for the last few years that we are now financially secure anyway?

Suitman

Post Whore
And I'm sure you'll find some more things (or more accurately some more people....) to whinge about after that Suity - you'd seem to be lost on here without having your constant whinge about others ;-).

If you'd only finished after your first paragraph.

#trollmuch?

Suitman

Post Whore
Ten more for every one we lose? Where do you get those statistics?

No stats Tony, but look at the increase in average crowds and memberships for both clubs.
They may have lost 500 disgruntled season ticket holders, but they've gained far more than 5000 new memberships.
We dream to be that successful.

Turn Parramatta stadium into a modern day 30 000 seater, and I'm with you Tony.
Otherwise, if we decide to go to Homebush because the Trust won't play ball, I'm happy to go there as well.
I'll always support the Blue and Gold and follow them near and far.

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench
No stats Tony, but look at the increase in average crowds and memberships for both clubs.
They may have lost 500 disgruntled season ticket holders, but they've gained far more than 5000 new memberships.
We dream to be that successful.

Turn Parramatta stadium into a modern day 30 000 seater, and I'm with you Tony.
Otherwise, if we decide to go to Homebush because the Trust won't play ball, I'm happy to go there as well.
I'll always support the Blue and Gold and follow them near and far.

Suity

I will follow them near and far too mate - ANZ is closer to the airport anyway;-)
The bit I don't get is this talk of the trust not playing ball, screwing us over etc etc. I really haven't seen a lot of tangible evidence to back those claims. I'm not saying that they haven't - I'm just saying that I'm not entirely convinced that it's the case. The Stadium could simply be a scapegoat for all we know.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'll just say, the Eels look great on tv no matter where they're playing.

Home, away... the only difference is what colour the crowd is on wide shots.

bartman

Immortal
The bit I don't get is this talk of the trust not playing ball, screwing us over etc etc. I really haven't seen a lot of tangible evidence to back those claims. I'm not saying that they haven't - I'm just saying that I'm not entirely convinced that it's the case. The Stadium could simply be a scapegoat for all we know.
Yeah agree Tony, I too have always hesitated before taking a media release/website article quoting our CEOs (past and present) at face value. Surprised at how some here have bought straight into the anti-Trust line.

Jodeci

Bench
I will follow them near and far too mate - ANZ is closer to the airport anyway;-)

So what's the real issue then Bongo?

You don't believe what Bob or the club is saying?

Tony Bongo

Bench
So what's the real issue then Bongo?

You don't believe what Bob or the club is saying?

I've already expressed what my main issue is and that's the lack of consultation with our members to start with - which I believe should have happened long ago followed by a decision either way. To get to this point and not have a resolution either way isn't acceptable IMO.
Up until 10 days before Hindy and Burts last game Bob and the club were saying that we would be playing at Parra Stadium, so right now I don't know who or what to believe.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is possible that the board are trying to make the club (and themselves) wealthier at the expense of the fans, in much the same way the NRL just did with the new tv deal.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm not a fan of ANZ for viewing footy either but when I go to a game that's what I'm paying for - to enjoy watching live footy and the atmosphere.
Crowds and membership numbers might also increase if we merged, but the means doesn't always justify the end. I couldn't care less if we get a few thousand more people turning up at a stadium that still has tens of thousands of empty seats each week. For generations Parramatta has been our home and if we move that part of our identity and history is lost forever and it can't be replaced!

I see where you are coming from but if we can get increased crowds and memberships then we could possibly be go back to being one of the most powerful clubs in Sydney. We've been going not only backwards on the field but off it too. At the moment our club is in a rut. Just look at the way the Bulldogs and Souths have turned themselves around in the past few years. Professional sport is changing all the time, maybe this change is what our club needs.