What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

rasaint

Juniors
Nothing is as good or bad as you think it is.

We started slowly and the Panthers were aggressive and strong, yet 3 minutes in and we were over for a nice try disallowed on a 50/50. Rub of Green. Panthers lauched a crisp decoy run and scored off a marginal forward final pass. Rub of Green. Trent lost his footing moving in for tackle and that led to 2nd try break..fair enough.A rubbishy 5th tackle penalty blown for one of those situations were ball carrier and defenders tangled up. Happens 20 times a game but ref blew this one. Rub of Green and Panthers awarded try on one look at video.

Anyway 2nd half we looked the better team and got close quite a few times but great Panthers defence just like happened to the Storm and Warriors. Vidot over for try, but ref overruled by video ref decision after boring exhaustive search for something to disallow the try. Rub of Green.

The Panthers didn't even look like getting a try except for once in the 2nd half and started ridiculous series of field goal pot shots.

Anyway good luck to Panthers and you can not be 18 behind at 1/2 time. Go Dragons this week.

dragonv

Juniors
Nothing is as good or bad as you think it is.

We started slowly and the Panthers were aggressive and strong, yet 3 minutes in and we were over for a nice try disallowed on a 50/50. Rub of Green. Panthers lauched a crisp decoy run and scored off a marginal forward final pass. Rub of Green. Trent lost his footing moving in for tackle and that led to 2nd try break..fair enough.A rubbishy 5th tackle penalty blown for one of those situations were ball carrier and defenders tangled up. Happens 20 times a game but ref blew this one. Rub of Green and Panthers awarded try on one look at video.

Anyway 2nd half we looked the better team and got close quite a few times but great Panthers defence just like happened to the Storm and Warriors. Vidot over for try, but ref overruled by video ref decision after boring exhaustive search for something to disallow the try. Rub of Green.

The Panthers didn't even look like getting a try except for once in the 2nd half and started ridiculous series of field goal pot shots.

Anyway good luck to Panthers and you can not be 18 behind at 1/2 time. Go Dragons this week.

Well said.

saint.nick

Coach
If you're trying to defend a coach, you can't fall back on the excuse that the players are the ones who make the knock ons, don't put enough effort in and etc. A coach is responsible for everything that happens on the field. He's responsible for attack, defence, motivation, effort, discipline, fitness ad ego. A good coach eliminates ego and makes the players play for each other, for the coach and for the club/fans. That is what Wayne Bennett did so well. It was a champion team, not a team of champions. If players aren't scared of disappointing their coach, and as a result perform poorly, the coach is clearly lacking some respect. Do you think Vidot would be thinking, "crap, if I play bad, Pricey will murder me. That will be bad" ?

If you're trying to defend a coach, you can't fall back on the excuse that the players are the ones who make the knock ons, don't put enough effort in and etc. A coach is responsible for everything that happens on the field. He's responsible for attack, defence, motivation, effort, discipline, fitness ad ego. A good coach eliminates ego and makes the players play for each other, for the coach and for the club/fans. That is what Wayne Bennett did so well. It was a champion team, not a team of champions. If players aren't scared of disappointing their coach, and as a result perform poorly, the coach is clearly lacking some respect. Do you think Vidot would be thinking, "crap, if I play bad, Pricey will murder me. That will be bad" ?

So best coach wins every time. Players are robots. That word 'execution' I continuously hear players use is a furphy?

There was the state of origin, the news of Bennett's departure all contributed to the downfall but Bennett kept them competitive.

The roster Bennett had was one that had just won every trophy in the cabinet. Not the same group Price now finds himself with.

possm

Coach
But, but, but, it was possm that posed the question Willow. Top post on page 4 of this thread.

As for the other, probably the latter. :D

But but but ........ Old Timer you you you ..... just stand there and take your medicine.

gypsy

Bench
Chase Stanley has really impressed me the last few games, looks to be regaining his mojo.
Fien is playing very direct and steering the side around the paddock nicely as well, good signs there for when it 'clicks'. We are close, really close to putting some scores on teams. Price almost has the squad he wants, look out when he does.

Father Ted

First Grade
Originally Posted by Drain the Dragon
Price is more qualified than Brown was when he took over. That is fact.

Well your fact is my non perception Drain.

I'd like to know old timers view of what happened in the second half of 2011.

True we went through a lean period in the latter half of the season, but finished strongly.

Was Bennett to blame?
Absolutely. To much wasted time grooming his successor.

Both he and Hasler are dealing with sides dishing up inconsistent results this year. Sack them too?

But compared to ours that are bastions of ....... :)

O T looks like you're Puta has discovered the colour red. :D

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Chase Stanley has really impressed me the last few games, looks to be regaining his mojo.
Fien is playing very direct and steering the side around the paddock nicely as well, good signs there for when it 'clicks'. We are close, really close to putting some scores on teams. Price almost has the squad he wants, look out when he does.

Chase Stanley wouldn't get a run at any other club in first grade.

He, with others shouldn't be there.

There was never going to be a road this year. We were never any sort of chance to make the 8. The squad is a 4 and 7 squad. In fact, we blagged the wins against the Scum and Newcastle.

Originally Posted by Drain the Dragon
Price is more qualified than Brown was when he took over. That is fact.

Well your fact is my non perception Drain.

I'd like to know old timers view of what happened in the second half of 2011.

True we went through a lean period in the latter half of the season, but finished strongly.

Was Bennett to blame?
Absolutely. To much wasted time grooming his successor.

Both he and Hasler are dealing with sides dishing up inconsistent results this year. Sack them too?

But compared to ours that are bastions of ....... :)

O T looks like you're Puta has discovered the colour red. :D

Father, I think we just have different views on how much blood can be squeezed out of a stone.

Elias1983

Coach
That loss has seriously dented my faith for this year, that had to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen, no-one and I mean no-one had any intensity.

OT you are starting to win me over about this coach of ours...I'll probably feel better mid-week when I'm over this loss but gees that was hard to take.

A disgracefull peformance, and then throw the refs performance on top of that...

Mr Red

First Grade
:shock::shock: