What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

Mr Red

First Grade
That loss has seriously dented my faith for this year, that had to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen, no-one and I mean no-one had any intensity.

OT you are starting to win me over about this coach of ours...I'll probably feel better mid-week when I'm over this loss but gees that was hard to take.

A disgracefull peformance, and then throw the refs performance on top of that...
+1
another example of an inept team .. there has been a few performances like this the last 18 months, so what i saw although depressing didnt really shock me..

the team are dead set hopeless...
- congrats on becoming the first dragons team to not score a single point at Kogarah in over 60 years.
- Price will no doubt also have the dubious record of being the first joint venture coach to miss the finals in back to back seasons...

i also found this quote from Vidot quite concering: " they (Penrith) came out and started quite aggresively, which took us all by surprise..."

is he friggin' serious???? they were surprised because an NRL team started a match with aggression??? That'll do me..
hopefully this was just Vidot being brain dead, because if the team were actually taken by surprise then the club has MASSIVE problems...

our forwards were smashed most of the match so maybe they were surprised..
the dragons were outplayed, out coached and out smarted with a smart game plan..
hopefully "coach" Price takes a leaf from Cleary's book and understands that enthusiasm, intensity and aggression can somewhat compensate for lack of raw talent, and still get results..

Last edited:

BradMackay

Juniors
We made a mistake resigning price after 3 wins and now he and the players know they can be shithouse with no consequences for another 12 months. Why no Prior either - He has been good this year

possm

Coach
Price can still be sacked, all that has to happen is for the Board to sack him.
Price can still make everything OK, all he has to do is resign.

Mr Red

First Grade
why did our coach also think moving the games best right winger to left centre was a good idea??
this was one of the dumbest decisions i have ever seen, and directly resulted in a try with Nightingale heading in-field from marker instead of covering the blind side, thus creating the 2 on 1 opportunity for Penrith to score down the blind side, where the left centre should have been..
cant blame Nightingale as his natural instincts took over, Price is clueless..

and if Chase Stanley is still our best option at right centre i give up... another defensive lapse cost us a try down his right side in what is the all too familiar stanley "flat footed deer in headlights" approach to defense.

Elias1983

Coach
+1
another example of an inept team .. there has been a few performances like this the last 18 months, so what i saw although depressing didnt really shock me..

the team are dead set hopeless...
- congrats on becoming the first dragons team to not score a single point at Kogarah in over 60 years.
- Price will no doubt also have the dubious record of being the first joint venture coach to miss the finals in back to back seasons...

i also found this quote from Vidot quite concering: " they (Penrith) came out and started quite aggresively, which took us all by surprise..."

is he friggin' serious???? they were surprised because an NRL team started a match with aggression??? That'll do me..
hopefully this was just Vidot being brain dead, because if the team were actually taken by surprise then the club has MASSIVE problems...

our forwards were smashed most of the match so maybe they were surprised..
the dragons were outplayed, out coached and out smarted with a smart game plan..
hopefully "coach" Price takes a leaf from Cleary's book and understands that enthusiasm, intensity and aggression can somewhat compensate for lack of raw talent, and still get results..

That Vidot comment pretty much suggests to me that they had the mentality that all they had to do was turn up and the game was theirs.

You could see it in the first 20 even when the harrison try was disallowed, penrith were just running harder and tackling harder. Dragons line speed was as quick as a snail going uphill!! They just waited for them.

Man that loss for me was just so hard to take, lifeless is one word I would use.

Father Ted

First Grade
why did our coach also think moving the games best right winger to left centre was a good idea??
this was one of the dumbest decisions i have ever seen, and directly resulted in a try with Nightingale heading in-field from marker instead of covering the blind side, thus creating the 2 on 1 opportunity for Penrith to score down the blind side, where the left centre should have been..
cant blame Nightingale as his natural instincts took over, Price is clueless..

and if Chase Stanley is still our best option at right centre i give up... another defensive lapse cost us a try down his right side in what is the all too familiar stanley "flat footed deer in headlights" approach to defense.

Another problem is Benny Creagh as Captain imo. Don't get me wrong good player , lovely man etc but he does not do a lot of talking . And sometimes a captain has to get up his team mates ..Also sometimes you can be too loyal to players Mr Price sometimes dropping them is doing them a favour, and it certainly encourages the younger one's trying to get a game when you do Another thing some players are not interchangeable Nightingale was left centre sometimes 5/8th the other night . I would suggest you try him at right wing I reckon he'd go alright there. Anyway just thinking out loud.

Mr Red

First Grade
That Vidot comment pretty much suggests to me that they had the mentality that all they had to do was turn up and the game was theirs.

agree with the above...
the have a half-assed win over Parra and think they are world beaters...

Titans put nearly 50 on the eels with minimal effort..and i personally dont rate the titans attack either..

Another problem is Benny Creagh as Captain imo. Don't get me wrong good player , lovely man etc but he does not do a lot of talking . And sometimes a captain has to get up his team mates ..Also sometimes you can be too loyal to players Mr Price sometimes dropping them is doing them a favour, and it certainly encourages the younger one's trying to get a game when you do Another thing some players are not interchangeable Nightingale was left centre sometimes 5/8th the other night . I would suggest you try him at right wing I reckon he'd go alright there. Anyway just thinking out loud.

Agree re Creagh but it's hard to think of an alternative. This is the problem when you lose 2 or 3 senior players in one season (Hornby, Young and Gaz). If anyone's got a viable alternative to Creagh being captain I'd be interested to hear it.

Yes playing Nighty out of position was a fail definitely. It's been tried before and failed once again. Don't understand the apparent lack of confidence by Price in Green, who I thought went OK against Manly the other week.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Agree re Creagh but it's hard to think of an alternative. This is the problem when you lose 2 or 3 senior players in one season (Hornby, Young and Gaz). If anyone's got a viable alternative to Creagh being captain I'd be interested to hear it.

Yes playing Nighty out of position was a fail definitely. It's been tried before and failed once again. Don't understand the apparent lack of confidence by Price in Green, who I thought went OK against Manly the other week.
I think Flo could be a good alternative. At the break down of play you see him shit talking the opposition occasionally. Also doesn't mind yapping in the refs ears to. Merrin is my alternative though. Leads by example, plays smart and wears his heart on his sleeve. He's also becoming a lot better at public speaking. Was impressed with him on the Sunday footyshow. You could maybe chuck in Weyman, but not to sure if the club is looking to re-sign him :(

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hey OT how can you put me in the category of Price Lover by putting up a quote from April 2012. He was into his first month and had not stuffed up the side yet.

He has destroyed the Dragons and the longer he stays the more damage he is doing to the squad.

DUB888

Juniors
Hey OT how can you put me in the category of Price Lover by putting up a quote from April 2012. He was into his first month and had not stuffed up the side yet.

He has destroyed the Dragons and the longer he stays the more damage he is doing to the squad.

Yes , Yes , Yes

jenninga

First Grade
Ok the way I see it we would barely make the 8 with 50/50 win ratio, therefore we would need to win 8 from 13 :lol:

But look at the ladder and it's open.... If we could string some wins together like panfas did then who knows...
Funny,with the barrage against Price,Sack Soward,Fien ,Hunt whoever,there is a glimpse of optimism.
Ok ,say we did squeeze into the 8,it confirms what many have believed in since the top8 was bought in,it rewards mediocrity.Sadly we would hardly cause a ripple in the finals so i would rather use the remainder of the season to blood some youngsters so we could get the benefit in coming seasons.
Mind you there are another 4 or 5 teams who don't deserve to be there either.

What control did Price have over the deplorable refereeing on Sat night?
The Travis Robinson try should have been pulled up. Then Robinson being allowed to play on, run 10 metres, then put into touch, yet they get the feed. The Vidot try decision being overturned, then missing the late tackle on Fien in the leadup?
That's just off the top of my head...
Yes, Price should be ashamed. - even for the 4 wins we've had. Hang your head Steve.