What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

ghostface

Juniors
I want Price supporters to come on here and justify his performance. What did you see tonight that justifies his tenure. Surely there comes a time for reality to sink in.

Price's supporters won't be able to type a response as they've had their pants pulled down. Seriously it gets more and more depressing.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
We are the most frustrating team ever. They have no sense of direction,have no idea at all. Bulldogs sorted the softest tries. Where so predictable, and wtfffff is fein doing kicking on the hird tackle deep in attack straight to pritchard.

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
Can someone explain to me why we should be playing Soward in 1st grade for the rest of the year? We're not achieving anything this year. We gain absolutely nothing from giving him game time.

He chose to leave us and that's fair enough but he should play the rest of the year in NSW cup and we should give games to someone who will be here in 2014.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I am a passionate Dragons supporter. but I can honestly say we are the worst team in the competition. regardless of how many players we recruit next year, if Steve Price is the coach it won't make any difference. I agree with Gould's commentary throughout the match that the Dragons did not put any passes together for most of the match...this is the coaching ....not the qulaity of player.

I keep hearing from the coach and players about the systems they have in place, on the displays this season I cannot see any systems. In fact I would have to say our team has even gone backwards from last year.

We need an onfield leader, we need a ball playing forward, we need creative halves and some attcking centres. We need another coach.

The 25% doesn't surprise me old timer.

We just haven't got the cattle this year - especially in the forwards!

Get over it. Sh*t happens.

The last 9 games of 2011 with Bennett we had a 25% win rate too.

So we're not that good this year and we're not going to make the top 8 - its not the end of the world mate!

Careful mate. Too many logical comments like that and you'll be labelled a Price lover.

hardbaby

Coach
Very frustrating match....better effort but just no polish.

+1

Sums of the game to me. The guys try hard but don't have enough game breakers. Forwards were much better. The worst halves combination I have ever seen in the red and white. Possibly the worst coach. Poor centres (although Prior went well, he can't set up his winger and shouldn't be picked in that position). I'm proud of the effort. But the luck, the 50:50 decisions. Nothing goes our way because we don't deserve it. The better team won. Again.

Blue Dragon

Juniors
Truly aweful tonight. The forwards were easily outclassed, and our attack...well what attack? How about giving Steve Folkes a go? He did a bloody good job with the dogs many years ago, and let's face it, what could possibly go wrong?

ozbuck

Juniors
Careful mate. Too many logical comments like that and you'll be labelled a Price lover.

I know I know. I need to stop stepping back and looking at the big picture and start reacting and wanting instant gratification! "sack soward" "sack price" "sack doust"

TheRev

First Grade
Its all ok cause we dont have the cattle in 2013, carry on, lets do the same thing next week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow i will die a Saints fan, I live and breathe the dragons so go F@@K yourself for calling me not worthy, i've spilled my own blood on that red V jersey many times
And a very polite fellow it seems.

Well I didn't say go f**k yourself. I don't have that option. Thank you for the offer, I'm flattered. But I'm already in a committed relationship.

Anyone who says they are ashamed of the jersey needs to step back imo. You're just a little upset. Have a cry, then think about how silly you've been. If that doesn't work, hide the jersey until the next fair weather period comes along.

Good luck.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Can someone explain to me why we should be playing Soward in 1st grade for the rest of the year? We're not achieving anything this year. We gain absolutely nothing from giving him game time.

He chose to leave us and that's fair enough but he should play the rest of the year in NSW cup and we should give games to someone who will be here in 2014.
Mate, if Soward wasn't there tonight, we would have lost by a lot more.

Its all ok cause we dont have the cattle in 2013, carry on, lets do the same thing next week.

The only attacking spark in the side is Dugan. Apart from getting the ball to him more often, what else is there to change? The halves lack creativity but there are no other options...

TheRev

First Grade
The only attacking spark in the side is Dugan. Apart from getting the ball to him more often, what else is there to change? The halves lack creativity but there are no other options...
In terms of roster, all the options require a gamble on youth (you have to do it occasionally), in terms of the way we attack, there is a lot of room for improvement, all of the stuff we discuss on the forums every week!

ghostface

Juniors

I think Drinkwater is doing what has been asked of him. He is playing good footy for the cutters. Last week setting up Vea for the first and slicing the line to setup our second and also kicked 6 from 6 collecting MOM in the process. He is knocking on the door.

ozbuck

Juniors
Well lets put soward, fien, stanley, vidot, rein back to the cutters and bring up guys who have either played under 5 first grade games or 0 first grade games at all.... lose and then blame Price and make calls to sack him.

Father Ted

First Grade
Mate, if Soward wasn't there tonight, we would have lost by a lot more.

Thought Soward played better tonight , not great but good enough.. I think I would like to see Drinkwater on the bench next game and given 30 minutes. Just to see where he's at..

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Well lets put soward, fien, stanley, vidot, rein back to the cutters and bring up guys who have either played under 5 first grade games or 0 first grade games at all.... lose and then blame Price and make calls to sack him.

Well they can't do any worse then he players you named so why not blood them give em a chance. Look at the panthers. Soward and fein won't be our halves next year so why not try drinkwater maybe quinlan in the halves I bet hey will do a much better job

ozbuck

Juniors
Well they can't do any worse then he players you named so why not blood them give em a chance. Look at the panthers. Soward and fein won't be our halves next year so why not try drinkwater maybe quinlan in the halves I bet hey will do a much better job

Sounds good.

But what if they don't do a better job? Sack them and blame Price for his inept coaching ability