What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If I was choosing the Italian squad right now:

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)
Marco Amelia (Livorno)
Gianluca Curci (Roma)

Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid)
Andrea Barzagli (Palermo)
Marco Materazzi (Inter)
Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona)
Fabio Grosso (Lyon)
Christian Panucci (Roma)

Andrea Pirlo (Milan)
Gennaro Gattuso (Milan)
Daniele De Rossi (Roma)
Alberto Aquilani (Roma)
Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus)
Simone Perrotta (Roma)
Raffaele Palladino (Juventus)

Luca Toni (Bayern Munich)
Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria)
Antonio Di Natale (Udinese)
Marco Borriello (Genoa)
Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese)
Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus)

Abz

Juniors
It's almost certain than you'll get ESPN and FoxSports showing some live and some replays. The last one was on Pay TV right?

fish eel

Immortal
Somebody said in another thread Setanta.

Havent seen a word about it on fox, but setanta are advertising it heaps

Abz

Juniors
I found out that SBS are showing 8 matches all up - this includes the opening game and the final. The rest will be on ESPN I believe.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'll be cheering on Spain due to their Liverpool connections. That and it is about time they did something on a big stage with Euro 64 their only trophy to date, they looked good in WC2006 before losing to France. Torres will definately figure and be a star at this tournament and I hope to see the likes of Alonso, Reina and ex red Luis Garcia.

If Spain don't deliver then I would quite like to see Germany do well because they are a pretty entertaining side these days and it will be interesting to see if Portugal can finally win a major trophy despite as much as their diving annoys me they have great skill.

Bumble

First Grade
For any Barca or Celtic fans, great news...the Swedish FA has convinced the great one to come out of international retirement and he will be playing at Euro 2008!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Italy's provisional Euro 2008 squad: (one to be omitted)[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

Goalkeepers:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Gigi Buffon (Juventus), Marco Amelia (Livorno), Morgan De Sanctis (Sevilla)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Defenders: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Christian Panucci (Roma), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Marco Materazzi (Inter), Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona), Andrea Barzagli (Palermo), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Fabio Grosso (Lyon)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Midfielders: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Massimo Ambrosini (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Simone Perrotta (Roma), Alberto Aquilani (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina)
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
Strikers:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Luca Toni (Bayern Munich), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Fabio Quagliarella (Udinese), Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus), Marco Borriello (Genoa), Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

Strong squad. Cassano's selection is great to see.

Montolivo is likely the player to miss out.
[/FONT]