What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The FIFA 09 Thread

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
October 2 is the day!

The demo is out and I have to say it's really incredible. The computer actually makes mistakes now and when you contest headers there is actually a contest where strength/size/timing matter instead of the computer winning every contest. Also the computer doesn't clear a ball while he's facing his own goal and have that clearance land perfectly at his striker's feet anymore. Passing has improved out of sight and you can now control a ball in less than 3 touches.

Who's picking it up? And for what system? There's a new mode called "FIFA 09 Clubs" for 360 and PS3 where you can start your own club online and compete against others from around the world so maybe if we get enough people on one system we could start an LU club or something.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
do you get to trial that adidas live sh*t ? ...

any gameplay improvements from 08 or is it mostly the same ?

Completely different game now, they've made huge changes to it. Feels less scripted and more like a football game. And players' real life strengths are more obvious in the game ie. Terry being dominant in the air and Robinho dribbling past defenders better than most (last year you could dribble the length of the pitch with anybody who was quick regardless of skill or agility).

You get one year worth of the Live Season for the league of your choice. Speaking of Adidas, the ads in the game are now real world ads. I saw KIA motors, Sony, Fly Emirates and Coke Zero on those sideline screens. A bit more realistic I guess but kind of distracting.

Hopefully more like Euro than FIFA 08.
Can't wait.

Feels like a mix of Euro 2008 and PES. The demo is 781MB, definitely worth the download if you're on PS3 or 360. You can play a 4 minute match as Real Madrid, Toronto FC :)?), Chelsea, Schalke, Milan or Marseille. The rosters are a bit outdated but they will be up to date when the full game is released.

Cloudkicker

when will the next gen versions of fifa incorporate career mode? I am pretty sure the ps2 version still does, to me that is one of the reasons I still play this game.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
when will the next gen versions of fifa incorporate career mode? I am pretty sure the ps2 version still does, to me that is one of the reasons I still play this game.

You mean Manager mode? It's been in all of the next gen versions of FIFA so far :?. They're also adding "Be a Pro: Career" mode which lets you play 4 seasons as a created player and manage his career.

any idea how much this will be

Depends where you look really. These are EB's prices:
http://www.ebgames.com.au/productSearch.cfm

JB will probably be $10 - $20 cheaper though, also worth seeing what Big W are selling it for.

Thomas

First Grade
I loved the manager mode in FIFA 08..started out with the Qld Roar and worked my way up into the EPL and Serie A.

Great fun.

Jono078

Referee
I hated the demo at first, but it's pretty fun now.

Someone belted a ball down my end so I went to belt it back completely mistimed it and done a huge air swing :lol:

I'll have to give you a game of this one online one day on PS3 PDJ.

JT_

Juniors
October 2 the day it is!. It makes it all the more sweeter knowing that we get the game before any other country does hahaha :lol:

I haven't had a chance to download the demo due to my s**** adsl2+ connection but meh, i can wait 18 days for the real deal to come out.

Completely different game now, they've made huge changes to it. Feels less scripted and more like a football game. And players' real life strengths are more obvious in the game ie. Terry being dominant in the air and Robinho dribbling past defenders better than most (last year you could dribble the length of the pitch with anybody who was quick regardless of skill or agility).

You get one year worth of the Live Season for the league of your choice. Speaking of Adidas, the ads in the game are now real world ads. I saw KIA motors, Sony, Fly Emirates and Coke Zero on those sideline screens. A bit more realistic I guess but kind of distracting.

sounds dope ... i like the timing aspect ... i was playin 08 again and i like it but it becomes the same old after 5 goes ...

and isn't there like a technical with the adidas live even though you have to pay you don't have to pay until the last day of the season or so ? ...

apparently you can buy updates etc... is that true ?

Bumble

First Grade
On another forum where some Pro Evo fanboys were saying how sh*t it was and blah blah blah...I can't believe some of the crap that comes out of their mouths.

They've nailed it this year, will probably be the best FIFA they've made

Dragooner

Bench
I watched the vid on EAGames.com and they were speaking so highly of it, they genuinely sounded like they had hit the nail on the head. Haven't downloaded the demo off the PSN yet but will asap.

I have a few queries about Adidas Live, it is definietly a really clever concept, and a really bold move into the next gen however it could have flaws...I'll have to give it a go before passing judgement. Looks the goods but this year. I'll enjoy regular updates as well, I hate playing as Arsenal and having Walcott at like 73...

I can't wait.

tokerShark

Juniors
awesome demo, cant wait for the full game, i read that in be a pro mode your goal is become a national legend, does this mean you will play for your country? i hope you can choose your country
i love the idea of taking a player from A league to EPL to socceroos .

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
sounds dope ... i like the timing aspect ... i was playin 08 again and i like it but it becomes the same old after 5 goes ...

and isn't there like a technical with the adidas live even though you have to pay you don't have to pay until the last day of the season or so ? ...

apparently you can buy updates etc... is that true ?

Haven't heard anything about leaving it until the last day. Saw a dev interview, they said you buy the leagues from the PS store or XBL marketplace so I'd say it's up front.

I just can't imagine playing enough exhibition matches from every league to justify paying for updates, especially since Adidas are sponsoring the mode anyway.

I think the buying updates you've heard about is this too. EA confirmed that their February update for all of the Jan Transfers will still happen and be free and I don't know what other downloadable content they could add to a football game.

Jono078

Referee
I'm pretty sure that this year in 09 you will have an option of choosing one of the Adidas live things out of 5 competitions.

I'll be choosing the EPL to get the Adidas live updates.

JT_

Juniors
I watched the vid on EAGames.com and they were speaking so highly of it, they genuinely sounded like they had hit the nail on the head. Haven't downloaded the demo off the PSN yet but will asap.

I have a few queries about Adidas Live, it is definietly a really clever concept, and a really bold move into the next gen however it could have flaws...I'll have to give it a go before passing judgement. Looks the goods but this year. I'll enjoy regular updates as well, I hate playing as Arsenal and having Walcott at like 73...

I can't wait.

Yeah it sucked using Walcott. He had good pace but his ball control was atrocious!

choiceayebro

juniors
awesome demo, cant wait for the full game, i read that in be a pro mode your goal is become a national legend, does this mean you will play for your country? i hope you can choose your country
i love the idea of taking a player from A league to EPL to socceroos .

i hope so man, be a pro should be all that and more!

Latest posts