What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the fof (f### off folau) movement

stormbati

Bench
Well if it doesn't work out for Izzy, in four years time he'll be 25 and 4 MILLION DOLLARS richer. He could retire or come back to league where just about every club will want him.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
the radio was saying that noone on the streets of blacktown gave 2 craps about falou joining the GWSAFL team. the afl seem to have taken the approach of "act like you have already won the battle, and everyone will assume you have" approach. the people of western sydney arent as disloyal as some players are

Swamp

Juniors
I find most of this amusing as the fumbleball idiots think that Hunt and Folau will cause people in their droves to start supporting fumbleball...
The thing I find most amusing how all the tards keep saying he will get the chance to play infront of 80-90 thousand fans instead of 10,000 every second week. AFL get that number, what 3-4 times a year, while GWS will never play infront of that many, unless of course the team is stacked that much they play in a GF. Meanwhile the Broncos regularly have 40,000 plus crowds. I can't bare seeing the AFL emblem let alone a game, it just conjures up the words "weak as p1ss"!

Swamp

I dont blame Issy for jumping for that money , but the NRL need to act and block the road back for these players who jump,this may deter players in the 1st place.

Qld need to make a stand and not select him , they need to show loyalty to players that are loyal to the code.

nqcowboy87

Bench
AFL are the merkins in this whole thing, not Folau... Who would seriously reject a job paying nearly 3 times as much as what you are currently earning? No one

if you where a personal trainer and then was offered three times as much for a job as a computer technician youd have to ask myself is it worth it that i could be able to do my job without falling on my face

Chook Norris

First Grade
The thing I find most amusing how all the tards keep saying he will get the chance to play infront of 80-90 thousand fans instead of 10,000 every second week. AFL get that number, what 3-4 times a year, while GWS will never play infront of that many, unless of course the team is stacked that much they play in a GF. Meanwhile the Broncos regularly have 40,000 plus crowds. I can't bare seeing the AFL emblem let alone a game, it just conjures up the words "weak as p1ss"!

Swamp

very good point made. +1

--

funny that he moved to Brisbane to be closer to family.. and if i'm not mistaken, he was quoted today as saying that his family were established in Sydney.. they must hate him so much to be moving away from him all the etime

Big Pete

Referee
JM - Hit the nail on the head.

I've seen 7 Broncos depart the code and all bar 3 I believe did it because of the pay packet they would receive.

What hurts even more is that as a Rugby League fan we'd yet to see the best of Tuqiri, Folau, Hunt and Barnes and the likes of Sailor and Thorn still had more to give the game before their initial exits.

You can keep on trotting out the line, 'the game will move on' and that's good for you fans who continually support the guys who are talented but not talented enough to attract the interest of rival codes but I'd much rather see the code retain the best players in the hope that the quality of the game continues to grow and draws further interest from casual viewers.

As for Folau, I said it elsewhere and while he won't be as missed as others he's still a huge loss and it's a shame that we won't ever get to see the best of him in Rugby League.

Pig Champion

Juniors
I know it would be stating the bleedin' obvious that he has, but I bet you Folau won't ever mention he has gone for the money. He's gone for the challenge, to be part of something new (GWS), etc, etc.

All the others said the same and more when they went to union. But the bigger pay packet was really it. If players are looking for a greater challenge then where are all the union and afl players knocking on rugby league's door? Some would no doubt do it if a bigger pay cheque came with it.

Union players for years came to rugby league for the money and maybe the challenge, but there was one major difference to the current era. If you went from union to league you were barred for life. Stamped never to return. So you may go for money but you severed all ties. Fail in league and it's limbo.

I guess I'm blaming the NRL for having a situation where players go overseas or to other codes to realise their value.

Still FOF.

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
sheedy says hes their weapon in their attack on the rugby league heartland, why should we then parade him in our showpiece game, when hes going to be reponsible for trying to help the afl to destroy our code, it boggles the mind

eagles4eva

Coach
JM - Hit the nail on the head.

I've seen 7 Broncos depart the code and all bar 3 I believe did it because of the pay packet they would receive.

What hurts even more is that as a Rugby League fan we'd yet to see the best of Tuqiri, Folau, Hunt and Barnes and the likes of Sailor and Thorn still had more to give the game before their initial exits.

You can keep on trotting out the line, 'the game will move on' and that's good for you fans who continually support the guys who are talented but not talented enough to attract the interest of rival codes but I'd much rather see the code retain the best players in the hope that the quality of the game continues to grow and draws further interest from casual viewers.

As for Folau, I said it elsewhere and while he won't be as missed as others he's still a huge loss and it's a shame that we won't ever get to see the best of him in Rugby League.

Yes he is a loss and all you have mentioned, but at what price do you keep them?

All those players have left for more money (that's what it seems)

Pig Champion

Juniors
Them's fightin' words. Time for the NRL, NSWRL and QRL to pull on the gloves. Folau might be still playing rugby league but he's an AFL promotional tool now. No more origin.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
He just said on sports tonight that he will not feel guilty for telling kids to play AFL over RL.

This merkin knew where he was going when he stated earlier this year that he hoped AFL took over west sydney.

nqcowboy87

Bench
he is a naive young poly kid who doesnt seem to be highly intelligent (this isnt a slight against islanders) but when i saw him on the news at the conference, his speech didnt seem like it was actually his words and he looked nervous all the wile the afl muppets controlled everything in their so called war on nrl

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The best way to make it all sink is to not give it the publicity that the AFL wants it to have.

He will be nothing but a media whore. Good luck to him in his new advertising role

nqcowboy87

Bench
he has already talked up afl, by saying he hopes afl will be strong in western sydney and that he plans to be a big part of it

Big Pete

Referee
Yes he is a loss and all you have mentioned, but at what price do you keep them?

All those players have left for more money (that's what it seems)

Yep that's the problem and by no means do I hold the NRL responsible for this defection.

I just don't buy the line 'We'll grow another Tuqiri" because it's stupid. Where does the buck stop?

Johns Magic

Referee
This is the crap that annoys me. I see from your Avatar you like Buderus he left yet your still supporting League.

After a long, full and illustrious career. A career that Knights fans(and I'm sure a lot of NRL fans) feel honoured to have witnessed, and one that I can guarantee brought all Knights fans a lot of pride and enjoyment. Supporting the Knights throughout the 2000's wouldn't have been quite the same without him.

Yep, I'm glad Buderus didn't get poached by rugby union when he was 21.

Yes it's a shame but I love league long before these players came along and long after they are gone I still will.

I absolutely agree. But can you tell me honestly that you wouldn't be more excited watching a semi-final between the Bulldogs and the Broncos if Folau, Karmichael and SBW were all playing? I'm sure NSW fans would rather cheer on Mark Gasnier in the centres than Matt Cooper.

I love rugby league because it's exciting. And I would rather watch exciting players who can pull off the incredible than park footy players who aren't up to it.

No 1 is bigger then the game.

Who the hell said anything about that?

Latest posts