What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Inferno

Coach
I heard gus was bagging the Sharks (any opportunity to stick the knife in), what did he say exactly?

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I'm not a fan of channel Nine and i have been highly critical of them in the past but credit where credit is due. Tonights "Footy Show" was excelent. I thought they represented the game of rugby league very well.

bartman

Immortal
I wouldn't mind this being the permanent panel, seems professional which is more than I can say for a show with Matthew Johns and Paul Harrogan.
I agree totally. The balance is much better, and Fatty looks much more comfortable hosting with that mix (Fatty, Voss, Gould, Magnay) imo.

It was actually quite watchable, and had a momentum... not interrupted with bits of try-hard Johns humour (eg percy leBlanc, Elton Johns etc :roll:)

im not watching it, why is Magnay 'embarassing herself'?
She didn't imo... during the bit where they all give tips, for one game she said to ignore the form, and then in the next one she based her tip on the form. Fatty or someone picked her up on it, and so she just made a joke about it.

Pretty refreshing I thought.

Chook Norris

First Grade
i don't mind the panel like this either

Magnay was at times contradicting her previous statements...but other than that added some useful thoughts

all in all.. pretty good show

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
I heard gus was bagging the Sharks (any opportunity to stick the knife in), what did he say exactly?
I don't remember that...

I think the only real mention they made of the Sharks was saying that Pierce should name the players he knew to be investigated for being in the Christchurch room, so that the other players in the Sharks squad of the time weren't tarred with the same brush.

God-King Dean

Immortal

Just her explaination of her unlikely tips. Wasn't really that that annoyed me, it's just after both times of them asking why she responded " Female intuition " & " I'm a women. "

Awkward.

Jono1987

Juniors

She's contradicting herself with her picks. She picks one game based on form and then the next game says that form isn't important or the other way around I can't remember exactly. Either way Magnay is much better suited to discussing off field issues rather than actual game analysis. She represented women in general and league fairly well. However she has no idea when it comes to dissecting and providing creative and intelligent information about games.

Inferno

Coach
I don't remember that...

I think the only real mention they made of the Sharks was saying that Pierce should name the players he knew to be investigated for being in the Christchurch room, so that the other players in the Sharks squad of the time weren't tarred with the same brush.

hmm, so they aren't tarred with the same brush, or so they can also cop the public stoning Johns received?

IMO, any talk of Johns coming forward or being brave is a bit much. He came forward because he was named.

Who honestly believes he would have said a word if Firman had been the only player named?

Although I don't think the players have done anything wrong, I certainly don't think less of any of them for not wanting to become a part of this sh*tstorm.

Dragon

Coach
Thought it was good tonight.

The media treatment of Johns made Gus cry, then i cried....then Fatty laughed. He's such a little trooper!

El Diablo

Post Whore
i think he was just bagging how sh*t the Sharks were playing after Magnay tipped them

she said they were sh*t too but picked them because she thought they were due for a win and because of womens intuition

sando88

Not a Moderator
yeah shes pretty dumb.. i also tipped the sharks but i wouldn't say 'mens intuition' people will just think ur stupid.. i tipped sharks because of gut feeling and that they are due for a win. gotta go for a few upsets when u tip otherwise u will never get a perfect round

ibeme

First Grade
I found Voss's comment regarding a player who told him that last week, within 15 mins of entering a club/pub that he'd been offered sex three times (I think it even included group sex).

What would make eye opening TV is if they sent an undercover cameraman out with some of these guys so the public could see first hand what is on offer to these players, and the way that girls react to them.

stormysally

Juniors
its just about to start in melbourne so im gonna sit up and watch what ive been reading here

they actully did that if you watch shane crawford doco he made years ago they had him going out with mates and all these girls offering themselves and showing brest and stuff i donno if you can get it from anywhere but i remember seeing it and i was really little at the time