What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

alexc

I reckon crowe had some decent ideas. He lost me a bit when he was talking about his midweek 32 rounds BS but I reckon if the comp was cut to 22 rounds he would be onto something with origin at the end. It wont happen though cause they make so much money off dragging the sh*t out of it so it takes up months.

It really degrades club football until it is over.

/offtopic complete.

Karmawave

Bench
I enjoyed the show tonight.

However, one downside - Andrew Voss sometimes just WON'T SHUT UP.

He needs to give it a rest sometimes, stop butting in, stop trying to dominate, slow down a bit, breathe - something...

Anything to keep the bloke from talking way, way too much because alot of the points he makes are filled with common sense.

He just needs to pick his spots a bit more and realise sometimes less is more.

Dogs Of War

Coach
How stupid is channel 9. They have the NRL footy show on Normal 9, followed by the AFL footy show. While on HD nine, they have the AFL footy show, followed by ESL footy game. You would think they would make sure that people stayed viewing the TV station.

bartman

Immortal

He needs to give it a rest sometimes, stop butting in, stop trying to dominate, slow down a bit, breathe - something...

Anything to keep the bloke from talking way, way too much because alot of the points he makes are filled with common sense.

True. Sterlo is the master at that. Vossy will learn given some time.

Hanscholo

Bench

Yea he is an attention hog. Crowe put him in his place tho, nice to see. Also nice to see nein send off cheif and daley, clearly there is some feeling there about that, fatty was quite cut at one point and matty's comment to crowe about his acting career was pure class, unloaded on nein for sacking his mate in the process.

fourplay

Juniors
Yea he is an attention hog. Crowe put him in his place tho, nice to see. Also nice to see nein send off cheif and daley, clearly there is some feeling there about that, fatty was quite cut at one point and matty's comment to crowe about his acting career was pure class, unloaded on nein for sacking his mate in the process.

What comment did Matty make to Crowe about his acting career? I forgot.

fatshark

Bench
If it wasnt for the wind ups and the others cutting in, Crowe could talk about himself all fricken night.

Big Mick

Referee
agreed, shame it was pushed back so late in the show.

Agreed.

Was in the studio tonight. Was asked to go in....thinking I would be talking about the wristbands...but ..well didn't get asked ah well. haha.

Hopefully you guys get behind Jebass and myself to help out the Fai family.

alexc

Voss needs to step back a bit. f**k off with annoying crowe and the dvd. Very pest-like.

Is the band sponsored by ed hardy or are they just douche bags who cant sing?

sneagle

Juniors
Agreed.

Was in the studio tonight. Was asked to go in....thinking I would be talking about the wristbands...but ..well didn't get asked ah well. haha.

Hopefully you guys get behind Jebass and myself to help out the Fai family.

I think they should be available at all grounds this w/end to show and offer support.

natheel

Coach
this is a great thing to do...i was thinking (sorry if this has been already mentioned) but maybe with melbournes home games they can have bushfire donation containers at the bars, merch stands and entrances? or donate a percentage of each merchandise item sold or something

nqcowboy87

Bench
i thought it was a good start, i reckon if theres more shows like that this year footy show will get some cred back
btw
i reckon most people will disagree with me, but i recon matty johns is a very talented improviser and i reckon hed go well on thank god your here

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I thought it was a good show.

Russell Crowe was class and is a great story teller. Loves the league and obviously has put a bit of thought into it all. His input may be missed in the coming shows but we'll see.

The band were terrible.