What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

slippy

Juniors
El Masri is a bloody good guy I really love him, but I dont think its his role.

Who would like to see Girdler?

Cloud9

I have to say as much as I hate Ennis on the field coz he is a grub, he impressed me tonight on the show. Some great insight on the games and he spoke very well.

Vossy really struggles when he tries to be funny...

his jokes are old.
players kissing others on the cheek - big f**king deal.
i'm waiting for fart jokes.

Jono1987

Juniors
LOL El Masri as the host?

Seriously. Seconded. Not sure if that's even a word. I wouldn't mind seeing a different host, someone mentioned Girdler. I do think he's a personality. However Fatty, M. Johns (lolz), Voss (f**k) and Gould make a decent enough team imo. Cut out Voss trying to be a funny man, along with some of Johns attempts and it's watchable.

The Tank

Bench
I have to say as much as I hate Ennis on the field coz he is a grub, he impressed me tonight on the show. Some great insight on the games and he spoke very well.

Agreed.

One thing I have to say - this show is for bogans. I mean the guys kissing segment - who the f**k cares? This is such a backwards show.

slippy

Juniors
His house segment was the funniest sh*t ever. With Tallis and Stevens especially, and what about that time with the bottles and Scott Sattler, those were the days!

Sterlo, Gus, Matty Johns and Girdler would make a f**kin good show IMO

The Tank

Bench
I've read that a radio station is trialling Gus, Girds, Matty, and someone else... can't remember the other.

His house segment was the funniest sh*t ever. With Tallis and Stevens especially, and what about that time with the bottles and Scott Sattler, those were the days!

Sterlo, Gus, Matty Johns and Girdler would make a f**kin good show IMO

Lol
Girdler sinks a hoop
Tallis: Geez your pretty good Girds! Been practicing?
Girds: Yeah, I come over and visit your mum all the time.

And if you are going to have Sterlo have fatty. The Fat really misses Sterlo they bounce off each other extremely well and are funny. But then again I dont think the Fat should be shafted at all

slippy

Juniors
Lol
Girdler sinks a hoop
Tallis: Geez your pretty good Girds! Been practicing?
Girds: Yeah, I come over and visit your mum all the time.

And if you are going to have Sterlo have fatty. The Fat really misses Sterlo they bounce off each other extremely well and are funny. But then again I dont think the Fat should be shafted at all

:lol::lol::lol: Haha! Exactly!!

Yeah I agree I do like Fatty, but he is struggling without Sterlo! Would 5 of them be too many? Need the balance thats why its tough with all these clowns haha.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It depends on the type of show you want.

If you want a serious football show with discussions and whatnot, then Gus has to be there and Voss too, imo. Sterlo too, but I doubt he'd go back.

If you want a light-hearted variety type of show Girdler and Matt Johns (though he's only funny 50% of the time) are the ones to look at.

:lol::lol::lol: Haha! Exactly!!

Yeah I agree I do like Fatty, but he is struggling without Sterlo! Would 5 of them be too many? Need the balance thats why its tough with all these clowns haha.

Yeah, and theres the problem. I'd be quite happy with Fatty STerlo Matty and Gus. But Girds must have a section each week somewhere so he is a part of the team and have him in the studio some weeks too, so he is on each show.

natheel

Coach
yeh girds was awesome when he was on it, same with robbo that was funny when he was on it (before the picking on mario bits)

Brutus

Referee
El Masri is a bloody good guy I really love him, but I dont think its his role.

Who would like to see Girdler?

Yes Girds is a must for that show. I read where he's also in line for a Triple M breakfast gig.

Vossy is fine. A must for the show next year - as host. That's if Cameron Williams isn't interested in the gig.

Mr Saab

Referee
El Marsri should stick to being a goal kicking teacher...hehas no place on TV. He would struggle greater than Benji and Sunnny Billlllllllll

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Come on Tim. Hazem as host? I only saw half of the show last night, and it was pretty ordinary. WTF is Magnay doing back on there? It missed some serious discussion, because Gus wasn't there. Coincidence?

DeeJ

Bench
would love to see Girds on there. Jason Stevens is another one I wouldn't mind seeing on there.

I used to love when they would have an introduction for an 'up and coming' singer with some obscure name and Jason Stevens would walk out and give it his best tune.

Latest posts