What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

mongoose

Coach
That audience was feral last night LOL. Did anyone else hear someone yell out "twig" when after they showed the footage of sailor kissing soward?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
But then again I dont think the Fat should be shafted at all

Vautin's a dinosaur.
He adds nothing except potentially one of the most unappealing visuals of any man I've ever seen.

After 20 years, he still says "Meernlee".

He's an annoying wanker like Voss and needs to go.

Gould, Sterlo definites. Include blokes who can speak and have insight - Shane Webcke. Girds goes well.

I'd also have a permanent 5 minute segment with David Gallop and 2 news Limited journalists. Pretty straightforward - the audience just throws things at them - bottles, rocks, cans. Not very intelllectual - but I'd love it.

Thomas

First Grade
That audience was feral last night LOL. Did anyone else hear someone yell out "twig" when after they showed the footage of sailor kissing soward?

A mate of mine works on the footy show. Says everyone involved with it is super keen and nice etc but the crowd is easily the worst. Sure there are a few pockets of nice people but he said it is mainly made up of dribbling cavemen who've got a skin full of Jim Beam.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
I've read that a radio station is trialling Gus, Girds, Matty, and someone else... can't remember the other.

Triple M Sydney. Wendell was also mentioned. According to the report, they've all done trial programs with an announcer. They won't use all of them, apparently Johns is a definate, probably with one or two others.
No way in hell is Gus suited for a breakfast radio program IMO

Slackboy72

Coach
A mate of mine works on the footy show. Says everyone involved with it is super keen and nice etc but the crowd is easily the worst. Sure there are a few pockets of nice people but he said it is mainly made up of dribbling cavemen who've got a skin full of Jim Beam.

Is this why they charge people to get in the crowd now in the deluded hope they can attract a more up-market clientele instead of the usual bogan riff-raff? Maybe instead they should ask people where they live and provide proof of passing their HSC.

Thomas

First Grade
Is this why they charge people to get in the crowd now in the deluded hope they can attract a more up-market clientele instead of the usual bogan riff-raff? Maybe instead they should ask people where they live and provide proof of passing their HSC.

Yeah, I guess so. I also guess they've never heard of the term 'cashed up bogans'.

My mate runs the warm up and reckons it's like doing a gig in a remote pub populated by drunk coal miners. One guy had to be ejected the other week before the show because he kept yelling out "show us ya tits" to one of the females working behind the scenes...

nitabita

Juniors
IMO the footy show had improved quite a bit over the last few months, but the past two weeks have been getting worse and worse :( i think the serious footy chat between gus & vossy added a lot.. vossy should stay away from the funny stuff - can't pull it off!!

wow, how much i would love to see girds back there. their house was hillarous! that tallis one that has been mentioned was one of my faves.. they were all pretty good actually!

Brutus

Referee

On the two occasions I've been the crowd has been fine. I noticed a lot of couples were present. The biggest annoyance was the fat curly-headed prick trying to gee everyone up in between ad breaks and for applause. Most obnoxious clown on the planet.

What's the crowd like on the the Rugby Union free-to-air Footy Show?

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
My mrs and her friends are mad Footy Show fans, and they (almost literally) dragged me to my first episode a month or so ago. The crowd was lively but not rabid, and it was free entry.

kbw

Bench
The should get rid of Voss an absolute moron.
Magnay should be invited onto the show once more, and they should let everyone give her a bagging and send her off like she deserves.

hutch

First Grade

voss has been great on the show, especially when he talks footy. he knows a lot more about the game than fatty, johns, chief etc despite never playing it to any level.

Raudonikis

Juniors
Magnay should be invited onto the show once more, and they should let everyone give her a bagging and send her off like she deserves.

show her what a bun is all about maybe?

Didgi

his jokes are old.
players kissing others on the cheek - big f**king deal.
i'm waiting for fart jokes.

They've been through the picking your nose and refs falling over (and handed all the old material down to the Sunday Roast) so they needed some new material they knew everyone would love, men kissing men. They need to bring back Ash & Lutsy.

Several times when Ennis was speaking, and also Barrett, they booed, and talk about bias during the Try or No-try segment.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
OMFG!!! Look how precious you get because they didnt mention your little puppy dogs ffs.

Not even concerned if we make the Grand Final, we've already far exceeded expectations this year.

My bigger laugh was at the Cowboys, they're struggling IMO, far too inconsistent and sorely lacking depth.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
HAHAHAHA cant wait until the store bought bulldogs play a full strength team in the finals. The dogs would want to have exceeded expectations with the ready made finals team they bought.

OVP

Coach
HAHAHAHA cant wait until the store bought bulldogs play a full strength team in the finals. The dogs would want to have exceeded expectations with the ready made finals team they bought.

Bred not Bought ? or is it more like Bought not Bred ?

Cloud9

They've been through the picking your nose and refs falling over (and handed all the old material down to the Sunday Roast) so they needed some new material they knew everyone would love, men kissing men. They need to bring back Ash & Lutsy.

No not Ash & Lutsy, they're just as bad.
Lutsy being a poonce...no thanks.

Latest posts