What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

African Monkey

First Grade
Nah it's not being televised in NZ tonight. There's golf on sky sport 3, cricket on sky sport 2 and sky sport 1 hardly ever show rugby league related stuff.

EDIT:Tour de France is on sky sport 1 and there's highlights tomorrow at 1.30 on sky sport 3.

alexc

WTF was justin poore thinking? Remember when Luke O'Donnell (i think it was) did it for the cowboys when he thought a player was milking a penalty. I thought all players knew that sh*t wasn't on.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Vossy has no idea. that's not what they said it all. they had a communication problem and Hayne wanted him to check for an 8 point try

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25221021-14823,00.html

REFEREES boss Robert Finch admits his whistle-blowers got their wires crossed and should have awarded an eight-point try to Parramatta on Friday night.

The two referees system has not taken the heat off officials, with Finch forced to defend incidents from both Friday night matches.

Finch said referees should have penalised Rabbitohs winger Nathan Merritt with an eight-point try when he slid feet-first in an attempt to deny Eels winger Joel Reddy.

And in Brisbane, Finch admitted the video referee should have been consulted before awarding a controversial try to Peter Wallace in the Broncos' 16-14 win over Melbourne.

Merritt's attempted tackle is sure to come under scrutiny by the NRL match review committee. The dangerous tactic was identified in last year's grand final, involving Melbourne's Billy Slater.

Merritt got away with just an on-field warning, but Finch said it should have been an eight-point try if not for a communication breakdown between officials.

Referee Shayne Hayne asked video ref Paul Simpkins to "check the sliding feet'', but Simpkins thought he was talking about whether Reddy's feet touched the sideline, not the defender, Merritt.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Did I miss something Is it the F#*king Vossy show?
Deadset arrogant tool.
Whats the go?
When he had his Around the grounds he was ok. Give him co host role turns into something else. Can only take him in snippets

carcharias

Immortal
Did I miss something Is it the F#*king Vossy show?
Deadset arrogant tool.
Whats the go?
When he had his Around the grounds he was ok. Give him co host role turns into something else. Can only take him in snippets

I read his book.

..and you think him on tele is painful.

beave

Coach
I cringe every time I see Mario on TV, wether it be the footy show or that stupid keno ad with Ricketson. For someone who doesn't drink alcohol, he sure acts like he has been on the suds for a few hours before the show.

beave

Coach
is there a reason u guys watch the show every week eventho u profess to hate it??

I watch probably 8-10 episodes a year, due to sporting commitments, but the ones I have seen this year, Mario has been on at least half of those. I only wanted to watch it tonight to see the fallout of the Origin TBH.

Latest posts