What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Chook Norris

First Grade
interesting that the QLD team left the Origin Shield behind in the dressing room...

won it too many times and lost the significance of it :sarcasm:

Eelementary

Post Whore
i don't get the whole "he never played professional footy so his opinions are worthless" angle. He's passionate, insightful and in my opinion, fairly witty. Far more so than Matty Johns and his toilet attempts at humour.

OK, Vossy can get carried away sometimes. But if you want a serious discussion on footy, give me Gus, MG and Vossy and I'd be quite content to listen.

natheel

Coach
the thing i dont like about vossy is that hes quite condecending, that if fatty says something that vossy doesnt agree with he totally dismisses it as a stupid comment, doesnt value anyones opinion and matty johns was the only person who use to shut Vossy and his arrogant comments down.

Like this whole "the hangover" thing. OK fatty didnt find the movie funny but is there any point in going on and on about it and put fatty down because of this?

Gould actually shut vossy down a few times too and i cant believe im gonna say this but i miss Phil!!!! the show needs him, fatty needs him. fatty looks lost out there with just vossy hahaha and he looks fed up everytime vossy opens his mouth. You can see the expression in his eyes as "here we go again" or "shut the f**k up vossy"

and thats what grinds my gears haha

Apey

Staff member
is there a reason u guys watch the show every week eventho u profess to hate it??

The thread is full of them. You're more on your own for not doing so.

The best ones are the ones who say "I'm never going to watch this again" or "I turned it off after <this point>" :lol:

mongoose

Coach
I watched the first 15 minutes and wanted to punch Voss through the tv screen. That top 5 wasn't funny or even interesting. Who cares about ref's doing warm ups on the field or guys in suits watching the players come out of the tunnel??? He was just criticisng the game at every angle. He's an egomaniac and a very unfunny one.

That was only the second time I have watched the show this year and I only watched it because I thought Gould would be on discussing the origin game. However that will be the last time I watch it this year. It's an awful awful show and RL deserves something better.

Godz Illa

Coach
Has anyone noticed this one fat, Greek-looking guy in a Bulldogs jersey in the audience? He's been in like half a dozen shows, and always sitting right within camera shot. I know there are a lot of fat Bulldogs supporters (and Greek ones) but I'm pretty sure it's the same dude every time.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I watched the first 15 minutes and wanted to punch Voss through the tv screen. That top 5 wasn't funny or even interesting. Who cares about ref's doing warm ups on the field or guys in suits watching the players come out of the tunnel??? He was just criticisng the game at every angle. He's an egomaniac and a very unfunny one.

That was only the second time I have watched the show this year and I only watched it because I thought Gould would be on discussing the origin game. However that will be the last time I watch it this year. It's an awful awful show and RL deserves something better.

Agreed - the Footy Show is now a shame on the game.

Voss is all about "look at me, listen to me, watch me". Just another untalented tryhard (like Hadley and all player managers) milking more money out of rugby league. The only reason any of these idiots remain on TV is because most players can't string 2 words together - but I'd rather listen to the players than these bignoting, know-it-all egomaniacs.

Brutus

Referee
Footy Show producers are kidding themselves if they think that not having Gus Gould on the Footy Show ever week is a good thing.

As soon as I heard he wasn't going to be on last night I didn't bother watching. The Ashes was a much better alternative. On ya Straussy!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That comedian was pretty good compared to normal IMO. Luck of the Irish?

babyg

Juniors
I liked the bit where Voss said that Rugby League is the best game in the universe. That's what I want to see.

but then he winged for the rest of the show. Was waiting for Goulds analysis too.

bouttreefiddy

Juniors
I rarely watch the footy show but when I do I rage, especially after state of origin.

Andrew Voss is by far THE biggest dickhead I have ever seen on TV. Everything he says is so one sided and he forces his opinion and you're an idiot if you don't agree 100% in his book. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy had some sort of underlying mental problem.

Can't the producers blatantly see the tension between him and Fatty? Why don't they get rid of the source of the problem, that being Andrew Voss.. and bring back Matty Johns. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Helen

Juniors
Vossy needs to do a course on Anatomy 101
The torso is the entire part left when the head/neck and limbs are gone.

As for the 'torso' try in SOO 3..

It looked like the upper thigh might have grounded the ball. When slowing the footage down it was still hard to tell.

Hence the 'benefit of the doubt' try imo.

Helen

Latest posts