What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The game against warrington

getsmarty

Immortal
Isn't Josh Massoud a Dragons fan ? He seems to be trying hard to corner the market for rugby league gossip while Danny Weidler is away.

The whole frenzy to sign players like Merrin, Cherry-Evans & Foran is driven by social media these days. The "demand" for them is pumped up by a player manager & their contacts in the media who use it as content & the "story" gains momentum. It's mentioned on Twitter & someone mentions that in here. Then someone else sees it here & mentions it on Facebook. Then it's seen by other people who repeat it in this forum or on Twitter etc etc. The people "in the know" think they add to their credibility by mentioning phrases like "my mail is..." or " I'm hearing...".

Understand ....so I take it you think it best to not put any of this info up anywhere?

TruSaint

Referee
Understand ....so I take it you think it best to not put any of this info up anywhere?

Wouldn't be much of a forum then.

I understand what nrlnrl is saying and he has a point. We are living in a very fluid and "live" world. Tweets, texts, FB, instagram, blogs etc filter through, but this can be said of any matter.

In cancels itself out in a way, as everyone is doing it, players, managers, clubs, and so on. It creates a false economy is some ways, but that cant be halted and must realise that false will equate to real sooner rather than later.

An example of how both sides play a role is evident in the amount of "props" we have linked to during the Merrin fiasco. Do we really believe all of them to be true? Could the club be sending some intel to the media via sources that " we are speaking to Proctor / Mapa etc?

That in turn puts pressure on Merrin, whether or not he admits it.

Its all a game played out in cyberspace, replacing urgent faxes and letters of old.

getsmarty

Immortal
Wouldn't be much of a forum then.

I understand what nrlnrl is saying and he has a point. We are living in a very fluid and "live" world. Tweets, texts, FB, instagram, blogs etc filter through, but this can be said of any matter.

In cancels itself out in a way, as everyone is doing it, players, managers, clubs, and so on. It creates a false economy is some ways, but that cant be halted and must realise that false will equate to real sooner rather than later.

An example of how both sides play a role is evident in the amount of "props" we have linked to during the Merrin fiasco. Do we really believe all of them to be true? Could the club be sending some intel to the media via sources that " we are speaking to Proctor / Mapa etc?

That in turn puts pressure on Merrin, whether or not he admits it.

Its all a game played out in cyberspace, replacing urgent faxes and letters of old.

Well said... and to counter all this, Trent Puts up a Photo of himself with Dragons Legend Changa Langlands...and some country footballers.

It's hard to filter through the rubbish at times. I hope that Trent does decide to stay...but if he leaves, we need to move on.

nrlnrl

First Grade

No, it's part of life. My point was part of what TruSaint explained. Also, it's just funny how different people claim to have exclusive information & it gets passed around on social media & even through people talking ( weird concept that one ) For example, the momentum gathers and a player is said to be "definitely signing" with different clubs ( depending on whose "scoop" you trust or believe ), but only one is possible.

It'll be chest beating in the media when Foran, Cherry-Evans & Merrin eventually settle their playing futures for 2016 & beyond. The classic is when people, over the period of 6 - 12 months, claim to have the inside mail that a player is going to one club, but then change this several times. They will selectively only remind people of the time they mentioned the player with his new club that he finally signs with, conveniently not mentioning the other 3 or 4 they claimed.

TruSaint

Referee
Well said... and to counter all this, Trent Puts up a Photo of himself with Dragons Legend Changa Langlands...and some country footballers.

It's hard to filter through the rubbish at times. I hope that Trent does decide to stay...but if he leaves, we need to move on.

This. The stale mate has dragged too long.

No, it's part of life. My point was part of what TruSaint explained. Also, it's just funny how different people claim to have exclusive information & it gets passed around on social media & even through people talking ( weird concept that one ) For example, the momentum gathers and a player is said to be "definitely signing" with different clubs ( depending on whose "scoop" you trust or believe ), but only one is possible.

It'll be chest beating in the media when Foran, Cherry-Evans & Merrin eventually settle their playing futures for 2016 & beyond. The classic is when people, over the period of 6 - 12 months, claim to have the inside mail that a player is going to one club, but then change this several times. They will selectively only remind people of the time they mentioned the player with his new club that he finally signs with, conveniently not mentioning the other 3 or 4 they claimed.

Yep, gotta work through the garbage sometimes, to find 1 or 2 credible sources. Im sure there are some well intentioned people who are bona fide but they would be in the minority, and rarely post.

bottle

Coach

Well said. It's not just a media phenomenon either. We see plenty examples of it on the forum where it's not just passing on a rumour, it's passed off as solid info that only that given bloke has from some insider.

Hutty1986

Immortal
lol, Dylan Napa. Is he supposed to "replace" Merrin despite having 1/50th of his ability?

rainman44

Bench
lol, Dylan Napa. Is he supposed to "replace" Merrin despite having 1/50th of his ability?
I think Nappa is a gun and is a better prop then Merrin and thats why we have no chance as uncle nick will be told by Peter O'sullivan to do what he has to, to keep him.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Something on the thread title - CH9 announced yesterday that the Warrington v Dragons ( 7am ) plus Wigan v Broncos ( 6:45am) & St Helens v Rabbitohs ( 7 am )are all LIVE on GEM. Fox Sports will have delayed coverage of all 3.

bottle

Coach
Something on the thread title - CH9 announced yesterday that the Warrington v Dragons ( 7am ) plus Wigan v Broncos ( 6:45am) & St Helens v Rabbitohs ( 7 am )are all LIVE on GEM. Fox Sports will have delayed coverage of all 3.

Woohoo. Sweet. Thanks for that nrlnrlnrlnrl...sorry, got carried away.
At worst I can record it now for a perusal later.
We are Sat 14th, is that right?

hewi

Bench
Excuse my ignorance, but I cant find it on an online program so is that 7am Sat morning or Sunday morning? many thanks

Cagey Mac

Bench

Just saw this
Thanks for posting
Cool!

dino2170

Juniors
Does anyone know why saints are playing warrington. Why were we asked and not canterbury or even melbourne. We did nada last year

bottle

Coach
Don't know for sure, but just guessing that we are still a widely known club and a draw card.
We are Saints.

saints4ever

First Grade
Sadly it is none of the above. Souffs would've been going, but as they won the comp their spot opened up. Peter Douche was a part of the group to organize the expansion of the WCC so we took their spot.
It's a once off, so enjoy it lads

The Cobra

Juniors
Surely we are getting shitloads of money to participate in this one-off sham.Why else would you risk taking 20 of your best players half way across the globe & risk f**kn injuries?

Cagey Mac

Bench
Surely we are getting shitloads of money to participate in this one-off sham.Why else would you risk taking 20 of your best players half way across the globe & risk f**kn injuries?

Because it's a holiday and a trial against a good side
Players would love the opportunity
That's after all why they play