What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The game against warrington

Cagey Mac

Bench
Further to my point of yesterday
A tweet from Joel Thompson
Joel Thompson ‏@joel_thompson12 1h1 hour ago
On our way to Uk for our game against Warrington.. So pumped to play over here #redv @NRL_Dragons pic.twitter.com/ZiluCyN9Dq

kevin crouthers

Juniors
Surely we are getting shitloads of money to participate in this one-off sham.Why else would you risk taking 20 of your best players half way across the globe & risk f**kn injuries?

Hola, Warrington fan here, i dont know much you guys are getting paid but its been said that Wigan and Warrington (at least) have had to put up £170k as a bond to cover our participation in this, and i presume your costs for coming over. Huddersfield were i think originally ear marked for our match but didn't want to put the stake money up (it would come entirely out of their owners pocket and they wouldn't make it back..ever).

There's been a few rumbles about this being a pointless game, but i'm looking forward to seeing us take on a team we've not played previously, and hopefully play our part in establishing a taste for an expanded WCC series, which i think this the first footstep of.

Plus its a chance to beat some Aussies ;)

Hope its a great match

GaryW

Juniors
Sadly it is none of the above. Souffs would've been going, but as they won the comp their spot opened up. Peter Douche was a part of the group to organize the expansion of the WCC so we took their spot.
It's a once off, so enjoy it lads

South's are going !!!!! 😕

WireMan

Bench
Hola, Warrington fan here, i dont know much you guys are getting paid but its been said that Wigan and Warrington (at least) have had to put up £170k as a bond to cover our participation in this, and i presume your costs for coming over. Huddersfield were i think originally ear marked for our match but didn't want to put the stake money up (it would come entirely out of their owners pocket and they wouldn't make it back..ever).

There's been a few rumbles about this being a pointless game, but i'm looking forward to seeing us take on a team we've not played previously, and hopefully play our part in establishing a taste for an expanded WCC series, which i think this the first footstep of.

Plus its a chance to beat some Aussies ;)

Hope its a great match

Warrington are in it because it was open to the top 3 teams in super league.
Warrington finished third.

If Hudds had finished third, they would have had an opportunity if they could find the cash (and they could have). But they didn't.

Saints are coming over to try and expand their brand, have a pre season trip and give the players what could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to play in the UK.

It is the reason Warrington and a few others have gone over to Aus for a few pre seasons.
In RL there are only two places you can expand your brand overseas. SL land, or NRL land.

Hopefully this game is the start of something.
Despite Aussies being against any international development in rugby league, the sport needs this to work in the long term.

Plus it is always good to have a chance to beat some Aussies. ;)

Cagey Mac

Bench
Good concept IMO
St George being the patron saint of England should ensure a few non-Warrington supporters give them a cheer.

Tez

Juniors
Something on the thread title - CH9 announced yesterday that the Warrington v Dragons ( 7am ) plus Wigan v Broncos ( 6:45am) & St Helens v Rabbitohs ( 7 am )are all LIVE on GEM. Fox Sports will have delayed coverage of all 3.

The Warrington v SGI Dragons match will be shown on Fox Sports 5 this Saturday 21st at 12:30 in the afternoon.

Dragon66

Juniors
Cagey, George tweeted a selfie with Trent Merrin travelling first class en route to the UK.

Boys looked very relaxed.

dino2170

Juniors
just checked the tv guide and its not live what an outrage my subscription is at stake now

why not show it live we should contact foxtel and ask them to show it live

WHAT AN OUTRAGE

Cagey Mac

Bench
Apparently both he and Mez left after the Allstars. I don't know when for sure though.

Edit: Sorry, just saw the other posts.
It's on GEM from 6.30 am Sat morning btw.

Thanks mate
Hope it's a cracker!
First real hit out of the year
Not the biggest team I've seen
Ashton Sims and Joel Monaghan are familiar faces
Roy Asotasi looks to have been a in pretty good paddock for a while too
http://warringtonwolves.com/first-team

Dragon66

Juniors
That was business class mate and there is a difference but way better that cattle class
Cheers
Cagey

Cagey, Thanks for the tip. Being a working class peasant I've never had the pleasure to ever see the difference so i'll take your word for it. I can but dream.