What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Half Full Thread

Gazzamatta

Coach
Our defence is improving given we only gave up 17 points on the weekend instead of our average 23 points.

T.S Quint

Coach
100%

Plus there's the whole insinuation that a club can, should, and is capable of going from wooden spoon to top tier without first going through a period of mediocrity... Just so much dumb in a two word statement.

If the board and members had just once since 2009 accepted a period of mediocrity and grown through it instead of looking for the fastest fix we wouldn't be in this f**king mess

I don’t like accepting mediocrity. It f**king sucks. But I will accept it because it’s my f**king team and I will stick with them no matter what.

If anyone wants to call me names because I “accept mediocrity” then go right ahead because I’m a f**king Parramatta supporter and nothing is going to change that.

I’m also a San Francisco and Milwaukee Bucks fan as well, so I have had a hell of a lot of mediocrity to accept over the years.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don’t like accepting mediocrity. It f**king sucks. But I will accept it because it’s my f**king team and I will stick with them no matter what.

If anyone wants to call me names because I “accept mediocrity” then go right ahead because I’m a f**king Parramatta supporter and nothing is going to change that.

I’m also a San Francisco and Milwaukee Bucks fan as well, so I have had a hell of a lot of mediocrity to accept over the years.

I feel for you - I'm a Suns, and Raiders, fan, as well as an Eels fan.

Djay

Juniors
Any merkin who uses the phrase "accepting mediocrity" as some kind of gotcha, put down moment isn't worth shit tbh.

Hands down the most useless phrase ever coined on this forum
I think it's used because we have been mediocre for over a decade, I don't think any other club has had a run of mediocrity as long as us, with the same persistent issues and causes like we have.

You can't blame us as fans for being over it, people use the term because whether we like it or not, our club is mediocre and has been for years and the way they act would suggest we accept it.

Yes, it's annoying but it is what it is and until they show us something consistently the term will never go.

T.S Quint

Coach
I feel for you - I'm a Suns, and Raiders, fan, as well as an Eels fan.

Yeah you’ve probably had it slightly worse than me of late. Especially with the Bucks finally kicking into gear this year. Do I dare to dream of experiencing some sort of championship in my adult lifetime?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah you’ve probably had it slightly worse than me of late. Especially with the Bucks finally kicking into gear this year. Do I dare to dream of experiencing some sort of championship in my adult lifetime?

I hope so, mate - would be fantastic for you!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Shout out to Brad Arthur, 45th birthday today

Im turning 21 on Friday

All leads to a Parra victory no doubt...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Shout out to Brad Arthur, 45th birthday today

Im turning 21 on Friday

All leads to a Parra victory no doubt...
I hope he gets better defence and attack assistant coaches for his birthday. Bugger it. Lets splurge on this special occasion. Lets throw in a better skills coach, a sports physiologist and a wrestling coach as well.
Happy Birthday BA. Use them wisely.

hybrideel

Bench
What exactly is the alternative to "Accepting mediocrity"? Change teams or bitch and moan on an internet forum. I sure as hell aren't changing teams and could not be bothered complaining to a bunch of strangers over something I have absolutely no control over. I guess it's accepting mediocrity for me too

84 Baby

Referee
I hope he gets better defence and attack assistant coaches for his birthday. Bugger it. Lets splurge on this special occasion. Lets throw in a better skills coach, a sports physiologist and a wrestling coach as well.
Happy Birthday BA. Use them wisely.
A psychiatrist FFS!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So we are struggling to win away from home, here is some interesting stats:

“In nine home and away rounds this season (I left out the Magic Round as there was no true home matches) there have been 72 games. In those games, only 30 have been won by the away team. Of those 30 games, 13 have been won by the Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs combined. Those three clubs are the elite teams of this season and therefore the yardstick.

Here’s the clincher. That means a total of 17 away games have been won by the other 13 teams.

The Eels have won 2 away games. They’ve also won a “home” game against the Sharks at ANZ Stadium.

This puts Parramatta on par with the following clubs who have also won two away clashes: Dragons, Knights, Raiders, Bulldogs, Manly.

Faring worse are these clubs who’ve only managed a single away win: Wests Tigers, Sharks, Warriors, Penrith, Cowboys.

Two NRL clubs north of the border are yet to win an away game – the Titans and the Broncos.”

https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2019/05/22/from-the-stands-helping-success-to-begin-at-home/

84 Baby

Referee
So we are struggling to win away from home, here is some interesting stats:

“In nine home and away rounds this season (I left out the Magic Round as there was no true home matches) there have been 72 games. In those games, only 30 have been won by the away team. Of those 30 games, 13 have been won by the Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs combined. Those three clubs are the elite teams of this season and therefore the yardstick.

Here’s the clincher. That means a total of 17 away games have been won by the other 13 teams.

The Eels have won 2 away games. They’ve also won a “home” game against the Sharks at ANZ Stadium.

This puts Parramatta on par with the following clubs who have also won two away clashes: Dragons, Knights, Raiders, Bulldogs, Manly.

Faring worse are these clubs who’ve only managed a single away win: Wests Tigers, Sharks, Warriors, Penrith, Cowboys.

Two NRL clubs north of the border are yet to win an away game – the Titans and the Broncos.”

https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2019/05/22/from-the-stands-helping-success-to-begin-at-home/
That’s good and all but I think it’s fairly obvious we have an issue with travelling long distance (our 2 away wins were at Penrith & ANZ). I reckon we’ve implemented “best practice”, but it’s not what’s actually best for our current players. And I worry we get best practice from teams like Scum, who’s players have to be used to travelling long distance every other week

Latest posts