What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Good Oil.

Ausguy

Coach
when is our first trial?
im not going back up to blue tongue to be absolutely pi$$ed on like last year ;)

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nice job newm.

Good to see Unco recovered.

May not be a regular run on team but interesting makeup. Big backs that can rotate into the forwards. Lots of hooker/halves all in the same team.

There's great flexibilty there.

As to Williams. He's a great hole runner, just the type to follow Bird up. Lacks a bit defensively as a centre but can learn that. He's always been one of the fastest in the club hasn't he?

jc155776

Coach
Looks like an Ando team almost!

Backrowers across the farkin park!!

I have faith but, just want some footy to see how it goes. Good to see the coach thinking outside the square.

Douglas will surely be a regular but.

Inferno

Coach
An interesting side, thats for sure.

I saw Ando about a week ago, and he was still wearing a cast. Anyone know how long till he gets it taken off?

All those halves and hookers and no Kinga named anywhere?

Anyone know if he is still training at hooker?

sladden road

Juniors
first tral is the 23rd of feb at bluetongue v bunnies..

im there with a rabbit loving mate..

desperate is what desperate does...

shadowboxer

First Grade
anyone know the time the trial starts up gosford. Im designated driver for a car full of full sharks nuts starving for some footy who should be full by the time we drive past the loch ness monster at the turn off the gosford.

i dunno about that team, but hey what do i know?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Gummy_shark said:
Sounds like synthetic oil...way off the mark
Bird has been training at lock
No Dougie
fanciful at best

Synthetic oil is what racing teams use, but at any rate, how do you train at lock? What is lock?
doesn't the lock stand at 5/8 from our scrums in our own half to take the first hit? or are you saying they are practicing packing into a scrum which doesnt really happen anyway? Has Williams been training at centre only? or lock as well? What is 2nd row? left or right 2nd row?
As for no Dougy, well there is no Snowden either.

sharks8601

Juniors
i had a mate who went to that fan day and as being a season ticket holder got to go into this private room where Laurie Daley interviewed a few of the coaches including Ricky and Ricky mentioned Blake greens name a lot even though the question wasn't directed about Blake. so i think Blake green will be our starting 5/8 and i think Ricky prefers bird at lock

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
Ill back Newm's up anyday.. He knows what he's doing.

Thanks for the goss...Finally some news, bring on the f**ken footy... PLEASE!!

Ditto.....Thanks Newman

diggity

Juniors
Isn't Snowden suspended? That would explain Snowden's absence...This does not shed any light on Dougie's situation whatsoever. I am having a great deal of trouble accepting that Dougie won't be named.....he would have to be lightyears ahead of Sua, Selmes, Peek and Norrie. As for the impact of the 10 man interchange....surely this would assist Douglas. He played big minutes last year.

newman

First Grade
People should remember that Dougie is still extremely young for a front rower. He played a monumental season in 2006 where Raper flogged him, almost to death. Last year, his game was nowhere near that superhuman effort and it effected him. I dont think anyone would argue that he was fantastic last year, and thats what Ricky notices. Hes still earmarked as a potential SOO player, but his development has been pulled back so it reflects a prop forward of his age.

On Filiga, Ricky was pretty cagey about the impact he was going to have at NRL level before he arrived at the club and was very keen to play down his abilities. But by all reports he has been beyond impressive at training with his size, speed, ball skills and attitude. Pretty early on he was shifted from the backs into a lock forward role and now even RLW has him playing in that position in their probable side. Expect to hear more playing down of the hype, but people at the club are very optimistic. One thing Ricky has made clear though, and has not moved away from at any point is that he will have his fair share of errors and shockers and he shouldnt be hung for that.

Douggie would be second man picked (after Covell) so theres nothing to prove in a trial, save him for the real deal.

newman

First Grade
For the disbelievers; my sources are probably the best on here. I dont say that to blow my own pole, its just the truth. And anyone who knows me personally will know this to be true.

I will also add that a trial run on team hasnt been selected yet, and the squad will probably have 20 to 22 players in it.

Latest posts