What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Good Oil.

spider

Coach
Bastard Squad said:
Douggie would be second man picked (after Covell) so theres nothing to prove in a trial, save him for the real deal.
exactly

dougie has nothing to prove - save him and maybe give him a bit of game time in the next trial to blow out the game time cob webs

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah I figured from some of Ricky's interviews that he was playing possum about Filiga. Beyond impressive sounds pretty good...lol

Special K

Coach
that is rubbish they are trying to pull douglas back. He is one of the best props going around!

I give this experiment three weeks..

Special K

Coach
also isnt douglas off contract this year or did he extend last year? oh lordy... surely he must be our most important re-signing in years given his age and what he produces in a position we have struggled at.

Danger

Juniors
Not really any surprises, apart from Douggie. And even though Wombat has filled in ok at the centres when he's had too, i'd like to see him in the forwards. Perhaps off the bench over Steppa, and we can try someone else in centre, but then again, who else is there thats any good? I havent seen much of the lower graders we have.Someone mentioned Wombat was one of the fastest at the club, is that true? I've never heard that before.

cronullashark

Juniors
newman said:
For the disbelievers; my sources are probably the best on here. I dont say that to blow my own pole, its just the truth. And anyone who knows me personally will know this to be true.

I will also add that a trial run on team hasnt been selected yet, and the squad will probably have 20 to 22 players in it.

Thanks for the news newman, just off topic where is sideline eye?????

Frenzy.

Immortal
newman said:
For the disbelievers; my sources are probably the best on here. I dont say that to blow my own pole, its just the truth. And anyone who knows me personally will know this to be true.

I will also add that a trial run on team hasnt been selected yet, and the squad will probably have 20 to 22 players in it.

You're the real deal Newm. Don't worry about the doubting Thomases they'll come to appreciate your efforts

Frenzy.

Immortal
cronullashark said:
Thanks for the news newman, just off topic where is sideline eye?????

Bit early in the year for SLE. It's just an alias of someone else on here anyway ;)

jc155776

Coach
Im thinking Ricky will start games with a BIG team, smash the little guys areound early.

Then bring in the quick elusive centres off the bench moving the big centres to the backrow.

Last 15 minutes insert selmes and sua to run amok up the middle.

I dunno, im not a coach so that may be crap but its different...

island pro

Juniors
danger??? said:
Not really any surprises, apart from Douggie. And even though Wombat has filled in ok at the centres when he's had too, i'd like to see him in the forwards. Perhaps off the bench over Steppa, and we can try someone else in centre, but then again, who else is there thats any good? I havent seen much of the lower graders we have.Someone mentioned Wombat was one of the fastest at the club, is that true? I've never heard that before.

Williams has always looked pretty damn fast to me... last season especially.
There was one time he backed someone up for a try from centre and he was flying.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
island pro said:
Williams has always looked pretty damn fast to me... last season especially.
There was one time he backed someone up for a try from centre and he was flying.

So damned fast he can't hold the pass.... hmmmm

Chondricthyes

Juniors
jc155776 said:
Wat are u talking about? He scored against the tits following up a blazing anderson.

Dropped too many for mine but he wasn't alone there and he is young enopugh to improve.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Jees I can't read the thread title without remembering "the good Oil" we used to get faceless on about 20 years ago.....

mmmmmmm good oilllll.......

coolumsharkie

Referee
Chondricthyes said:
Jees I can't read the thread title without remembering "the good Oil" we used to get faceless on about 20 years ago.....

mmmmmmm good oilllll.......

It's too expensive to turn good buds into that these days.. lol

Did i just say that? :shock:

That squad is

reasonably competitive in the forwards
dysfunctional in the halves
lacks firepower in the backs.

Will have to be lucky not to finish 13th, 14th, 15th.

samshark

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
That squad is

reasonably competitive in the forwards
dysfunctional in the halves
lacks firepower in the backs.

Will have to be lucky not to finish 13th, 14th, 15th.

Here he is, Mr Doom and Gloom!
There is no way in the world we will finish 13th-15th even with that squad.
Cmon Sheros, arent you even a little bit excited about our chances this year.

Latest posts