What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Good Oil.

bluey

Bench
samshark said:
Here he is, Mr Doom and Gloom!
There is no way in the world we will finish 13th-15th even with that squad.
Cmon Sheros, arent you even a little bit excited about our chances this year.

Have to gie them a go , un aussie not to.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I don't mind the changes...dougie will be in there somewhere so im not too worried about that, but what i am worried about is that powder puff Ross...can he please join simmo in getting some friggen ticker!

Ross has to be the most over rated prop in the game hands down!

samshark said:
Here he is, Mr Doom and Gloom!
There is no way in the world we will finish 13th-15th even with that squad.
Cmon Sheros, arent you even a little bit excited about our chances this year.

:lol: :lol:

There is no way in the world we can challlenge the top 6 with that squad.

10th to 11th is about as positive as I'll get.

I haven't been excited about the Sharks chances since Opes decimated our squad in 2003.

carinashark

First Grade
I will start getting excited when we get a "Tommy Bishop" style halfback . Its all we need, and its all in the halves .

Quigs

Immortal
carinashark said:
I will start getting excited when we get a "Tommy Bishop" style halfback . Its all we need, and its all in the halves .

From the sounds of things Carina, you won't be getting excited until 2010, and either will I.

Wouldn't some of these youngens cream it if they did see another Tommy in their lifetime.

but the modern 'stuffed up' game wouldn't allow a Tommy Bishop style halfback.

Reread another quote the other night, it was about Tommy's first game against Souths at Redfern. Tommy was punching piss and pickhandles out of Satts and at the break he (tommy) up'd his own players because he was getting into it and they weren't. 5ft nothing and fighting Sattler.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

cityshark

Juniors
Satts was pretty intimdating in those days and I reconTom was drawn like a moth to a flame! Seriously tho I recon Tom would sill rise above all the other halves these day . He was that good , if only eh?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I appear to to be the only filthy that De Gois is not starting. (I am sure he is)

Why the f**k are we going with 2 hookers? New rules an all.

Absolutley filthy.

Oh and I am with Sheros, cannot see us troubling the top sides, whislt that roster is first chosen.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I can see the logic in the selections.
There are no holes if a player is lost for the entire game.
That squad could nearly play musical positions.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Mr Angry said:
I appear to to be the only filthy that De Gois is not starting. (I am sure he is)

Why the f**k are we going with 2 hookers? New rules an all.

spider said:
I thought the same about the 2 hookers with the reduced interchange Mr Filthy

blacktip-reefy said:
I can see the logic in the selections.
There are no holes if a player is lost for the entire game.
That squad could nearly play musical positions.

I'm betting they will. As I said in the other thread there has to be ways to get around the 10 interchange rule. One way will be to stack the team with super utilities, especially those that can play second row/centre/wing. On field rotation as opposed to benching players. The bench will be saved mainly for props and hookers IMO

That's how I see this panning out. Seems logical when looking at this first prototype of a team.

Any insight newm?

newman

First Grade
The team that I posted is neither the trial team (hasnt been drafted yet and will be 20-22 players) or the first round team (wont be decided on until after trials).

Its a bit of an insight into who is training well, who is training where and who is absorbing the systems. Therefore, I wouldnt be surprised to see the 'settle' into something like this after a few rounds, injuries allowing.

More to come. Got a meeting.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I can see degois & seymour interchanging.
Degois for a rest, seymour to dummy half.
I would have said Kimmorley, but he is best left where he can pass to his favourite side & let a more skilled player into the dummy half area.
When Buster needs a breather, Bird to 5/8.
When Bird needs a breather, buster is on the field & a centre or a back rower can cover for Bird.

newman

First Grade
Pretty close to what I reckon will happen too Reef. I expect whoever plays 6 to interchange with 13 and 7 pretty readily.

By the way. Everyones idea of "first picked" is way off.

It looks like Ricky has some new benchmarks and some of our favourites arent at the top of the tree anymore.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That is probably why we have heard little about Kinga.

Dougie omission does surprise me though.

I wonder how the Cove is fairing?

Latest posts