What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grubs Return

Mr Fourex

Bench
Interesting how your view contradicts all the Fox commentators who agreed Gallen should've recieved a penalty for Henry holding the leg too long.

Interesting how the commentators at the time all agreed "it had to be a penalty ...didn't it"

and "good call" ..........."you can't lash out with the foot"

DJShaksta

First Grade
Interesting how the commentators at the time all agreed "it had to be a penalty ...didn't it"

and "good call" ..........."you can't lash out with the foot"

Listen to it again.
They ALL agreed Gallen should've rightfully gotten the penalty for Henry hanging on too long and that the subsequent penalty against him would not have happened.

Mr Fourex

Bench
He wouldn't have been penalised if he didn't viciously lash out with his foot and kick/stomp on Beau Henry.

It was a typical Paul Gallen brain snap

He's a grub

The end/

carcharias

Immortal
I remember wally Lewis spitting in a players face.
Then the NSW fans wore the wolly golly guard during the next SOO.
Filthy fuggen lowlife.

p-36-07.jpg

pic courtesy of the biff

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Listen to it again.
They ALL agreed Gallen should've rightfully gotten the penalty for Henry hanging on too long and that the subsequent penalty against him would not have happened.

LOL, so it makes it okay to stomp on someone if there has been an infringement in the ruck?

Henry was holding on, but the notion that it somehow justifies Gallen stomping on him is ridiculous.

carcharias

Immortal
Teams could use the same guard to protect facial stitches whenever they play the Sharks.

not very practical..they need one hand to hold it up ..not only that, it is made from paper that would tear easily.
Good for blocking a golly or 2 but not so good for full contact sport.

betcats

Referee
If a blokes holding on to one of your legs your going to be off balance, add to that the motion of getting up and trying to play the ball and pull your foot free and your going to be even more off balance, he probably had no control over how his foot came down because he was probably off balance.

Only reason this is still being discussed is becuase of a couple of queensland supporters cant miss a chance to have a whinge about something, especially their favourite target supergallen. You blokes have won origin 6 years in a row and you still feel the need to try and bring NSW down. Let it go you sad insecure merkins.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Only reason this is still being discussed is becuase of a couple of queensland supporters cant miss a chance to have a whinge about something, especially their favourite target supergallen. You blokes have won origin 6 years in a row and you still feel the need to try and bring NSW down. Let it go you sad insecure merkins.

Post of the year.
Talk about glass houses, Thaiday & Hodges are the biggest grubs in the game.

But Mr F$#% & Grimy Frank both have massive hardons for Gallen. Sad, sad little smacktards.

Mortar

Juniors
A better incident to compare it to was Slater stomping on Skandalis' head. He got 7 weeks for it. Gallen should have got something similar. I guess stomping and kicking is okay now. Well done judiciary, piss weak as usual.

100% right. Nice to see that not all NSWankers have their head shoved up their own arse.

M2D2

Bench
Mr Fourex is a braindead moron.
Typical Queensland filth.

Gal should have gotten a week, But so should of Dugan.
One missed out, so should have Gal.

betcats

Referee
Am i alone in the opinon that the more grubs in your team the better? Grubby players always have and always will thrive in rugby league. Having one or two top notch grubs is an essential part of any good footy team IMO.

Edit: Look at Melbourne, Easily the best and the grubbiest team over the last four years.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Am i alone in the opinon that the more grubs in your team the better? Grubby players always have and always will thrive in rugby league. Having one or two top notch grubs is an essential part of any good footy team IMO.

Edit: Look at Melbourne, Easily the best and the grubbiest team over the last four years.

In what way does Gallen's grubbiness benefit his team? He gives away silly penalties and gets himself suspended (well not this time obviously).

betcats

Referee
In what way does Gallen's grubbiness benefit his team? He gives away silly penalties and gets himself suspended (well not this time obviously).

I never said Gallen was a grub;-).

Anyway i could be wrong but i see grubs being good for a footy team becuase they get inside other players heads, distracting them from playing there best becuse they're worried getting tackled by a bloke whos gonna stomp on their head or cheap shot them somehow. Even if its just talk it can still work.

Obviously if they're getting pinged all the time then its no good, but the truly great grubs get away with it most of the time or even earn their side a penalty. Adam Blair is easily the best grub going round IMO.

When i see a player bite down on some muppets stiches all i think is "wow, what a great player". Unless of course they are doing it to my team, in that case I blow up bigtime.

carcharias

Immortal
some of you homo's need to toughen up a bit.

waa waa waaa todd had a beer ...gal brushed a blokes chest with his footy boot.

I can't wait to see how soft rugby league is in another 20 years.

whats next ...tackling too hard?