What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Grubs Return

cornerposter

Juniors
I'm willing to bet that photo has created a few sticky keyboards.
:lol:
I was just thinking of you Pete.
In fact, I never stop thinking about you.
Looks like Ronnie's keyboard is particularly sticky.

Off the top of my head it is the 1st brain snap from Gallen in 2011.
Quite an achievement. Almost a whole year without acting like a lowlife maggot. Why not make him your state's captain? :shock:

You guys always carry on about Thaiday being third man in, and how tough Beau Scott is cause of this photo.

But wasnt Scott about fifth man into this mele, and grabbed Thaiday whilst he was tussling with someone else and being pulled back by Soward ? Not real tough or any better than Thaiday really now is he.

Wasn't Thaiday third man in trying to fight a halfback at the time or was that Greg Bird calling him out? Either way Thaiday wants none of Scott or anyone else his size, a grub and a pussy

in gals defense

he would be frustrated

the team is fugged
the coach is fugged
the club is fugged

so...what can ya do?

kick a guy in the shoulder. 2 week holiday. savvy

_Johnsy

Referee
The thing is dickwad that you were harping on about Slaters being the worst BEFORE you even saw the Gallen incident. How did you know at that point that Gallen's wasnt worse?

I didn't see it or hear it mentioned on foxsports (513). If it was that bad I am sure it would have received some airtime on the match highlights.

_Johnsy

Referee
Wasn't Thaiday third man in trying to fight a halfback at the time or was that Greg Bird calling him out? Either way Thaiday wants none of Scott or anyone else his size, a grub and a pussy

He will offer to take any schlapper to a public toilet. Stay classy sammy

Snappy

Coach

Possibly thats the case. But the point is that in this incident Beau Scott was the third man in and grabbed Thaiday whilst he was occupied with someone else.

I've never defended third man in Thaiday for his actions of rushing in, but this makes Beau Scott no tougher or better, as he has done the exact same thing here. So you guys can stop jerking off over said photo.

Fibroman

First Grade
Gallen and Scott should really be playing for the Roosters or Manly. Grubby players should play for grubby clubs,

shane1970

Juniors
Possibly thats the case. But the point is that in this incident Beau Scott was the third man in and grabbed Thaiday whilst he was occupied with someone else.

I've never defended third man in Thaiday for his actions of rushing in, but this makes Beau Scott no tougher or better, as he has done the exact same thing here. So you guys can stop jerking off over said photo.
Thirdmanin was NEVER involved in the original dust-up - he WAS atleast the 'turdman' in - Scott come in and grabbed the nuffy and he shit himself when he saw who it was.
And as for the aforementioned shitfight about stomping and 'show me a worse one - 'What about Mad Dogs upon Toovey - I think in 1997 - that's the best I have seen - although Dugans today does come close.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

He will offer to take any schlapper to a public toilet. Stay classy sammy

Lol Blues fans are so funny. It's truly only grubby when Thaiday is the third man in. When it's Scott or any of the countless others, it's hard.

As mentioned above, Mad Dog's stomping effort matches, if not outdoes Slater's.

BTW Gallen's was the worst shoulder stomp in the history of mankind.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
The thing is dickwad that you were harping on about Slaters being the worst BEFORE you even saw the Gallen incident. How did you know at that point that Gallen's wasnt worse?

Just your typical anti-QLD type of rationale. Even though Johnsy had never seen the "Gallen Kick" he goes off defending it against another incident .....from several years ago and of course it was committed by a QLD'r, therefore it just had to be worse

again........even though he hadn't even seen Gallens donkey kick from last night at the time of his comment.:crazy: :crazy:

I didn't see it or hear it mentioned on foxsports (513). If it was that bad I am sure it would have received some airtime on the match highlights.

It was on the NRL.com highlights last night. That's where I first saw it. It also filled a major segment of the written report.

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen made his return from a calf injury, but will have worries of a different kind this week after being put on report for lashing out with his feet late in the first half.
With the scores locked at 4-4, the game sprung to life in the 29th minute when Gallen committed the offence when in possession and rucking the ball off his own line.
Debut referee David Munro penalised the NSW skipper for raking his foot back at Beau Henry's face as he attempted to get up to play the ball.
The Titans five-eighth had just tackled him around the legs and hadn't yet cleared the ruck.
Whistleblower Munro said: "That's my job," when Gallen argued he was just trying to get Henry out of the way.
Most probably you overlooked all this in your rush to attack Billy Slater

Mr Fourex

Bench
kick a guy in the shoulder. 2 week holiday. savvy

Shouldn't matter that the kick only landed on Henry's shoulder. It could have just as easily been to his face.

Fact is, Gallen was kicking out blindly and recklessly.......with intent to injure somebody.

How can he only get 2 weeks, if Dave Taylor gets 5 weeks for a "suspected" lifting tackle because of his priors

Gallen's got form also.........by the bucket load

He shouldn't lace up another boot for the rest of the year.......possibly even miss the 1st couple of games next year.

johns_reds

First Grade
Haha everyone calls hodges a grub but I never see him doing this shit, he is a good sledger and people call that a grub, but if ennis does it it's because he is hard, so many biased cry babies here

Lol Blues fans are so funny. It's truly only grubby when Thaiday is the third man in. When it's Scott or any of the countless others, it's hard.

As mentioned above, Mad Dog's stomping effort matches, if not outdoes Slater's.

BTW Gallen's was the worst shoulder stomp in the history of mankind.

That's because Thaiday runs around attacking midgets and blokes who aren't looking.

Scott got in a dust-up with Inglis, one of QLD biggest players. And will fight whoever.

Not only is Thaiday scared to throw one, he's scared of confronting anyone who isn't a weak as piss midget back.

So while Thaiday runs around trying to start shit with guys like Pearce, Hohaia, Ennis, Jennings etc, Scott is going around bullying forwards.

Even in last years Four Nations final, when the brawl erupted, Thaiday ran in and put Blair in a headlock, scared to throw a punch.

If Scott was a pussy who bullied only smaller people and refused to square-off with people his own size then he would be a pussy - He doesn't do that, Thaiday does.

Haha everyone calls hodges a grub but I never see him doing this shit, he is a good sledger and people call that a grub, but if ennis does it it's because he is hard, so many biased cry babies here

Ennis is hard?

Hodges isn't really a grub in the traditional sense, he's more of a bully. He tries to intimidate people after the tackle and pushes people around. Strangely enough he shit himself the other week when Tagatese wanted a bit of him.

He's a myth just like Thaiday though. Couldn't even beat up Eric Grothe and got 1-time KO'd by Casey McGuire.

With the way Hodges carries on you'd think he was some well-trained street fighter who could beat up most players. You'd never know from his tough-guy act that he was beat up by Casey McGuire and couldn't land a punch on Eric Grothe :lol::lol:

AuDragon

Juniors
That's because Thaiday runs around attacking midgets and blokes who aren't looking...

Ennis is hard?

Hodges isn't really a grub in the traditional sense...
Cool stories bro... :music1:

Love it how NSW'kers just try to find something to make themselves feel better after 6 years of Origin domination. Oh yeah, but we're better at the biff! Our grubs have bigger dicks than yours!

Guess what, in the last 6 years and counting, we still brutalised you where it counts:
- 6 Series to 0
- 13 games to 5
- 378 pts to 259

You can have the grubiness award... :clap:

When was the last time QLD won a fight in Origin? Apart from Crocker in 2009 you've been embarrassed in every biff.

And what makes you think to recognise Thaiday and Hodges as grubs you have to be a NSW fan? Most Kiwis f**king hate both of them. I hated Hodges before I saw an Origin game