What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the inform anzac test team

Johns Magic

Referee
Ethal said:
The team they'll pick;

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Brent Tate
3. Matt Gidley
4. Willie Tonga
5. Luke Rooney
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Shane Webcke
9. Craig Wing
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Ben Kennedy
15. Petero Civoniceva
16. Dane Carlaw
17. Phil Bailey

They will not pick Gidley.

Red Bear

Referee
Harrison should be lock, he is the best lock in the NRL currently.
I will punch on with bennett of that hack tony carroll is chosen

Bumble

First Grade
1. Schifcofske
2. Slater
3. Cross
4. King
5. Sing
6. Lockyer
7. Orford
8. Webb
9. C.Smith
10. Webcke
11. Ryan
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Harrison

14. O'Meley
15. Hindmarsh
16. Wing
17. Tonga

Unfortunately, people like Old Man Carroll and "Fumbles" Minichello will still get picked. :roll: :?

ozboy

Juniors
This is a very stupid topic. Picking an in-form test team after only 2 rounds of NRL football is simply ludicrous.

We all should know that the team will be made up of mostly the players who played in the Tri-nations last year, and given Wayne Bennett is the coach we should expect 4-5 Broncos no matter where they are sitting on the table.

There are also 4 more rounds to go until the match is played and these are the 4 rounds which will determine the team.

The only players who I feel are near certainties, barring any injuries of-course, are Anthony Minichiello, Billy Slater, Darren Lockyer, Craig Wing Shane Webcke and Nathan Hindmarsh.

If there were a test match tonight this would probably be the team:

Anthony Minichiello
Billy Slater
Willie Tonga
Shaun Berrigan
Luke Rooney
Darren Lockyer
Brett Kimmorley
Shane Webcke
Craig Wing
Steve Price
Nathan Hindmarsh
Andrew Ryan
Craig Fitzgibbon

Matt Bowen
Carl Webb
Ben Kennedy
Petero Civoniceva

Raider_69

Post Whore
Correct me if im wrong but does the thread not state in from FROM THIS YEAR
which means last year, reputation counts for a sweet f**k all, did any of you acually watch last weeks game? I see a few people naming Steve Simpson who played average in week one and in week 2 Adamson out played him, Adamson in my mind was best forward on ground last week and i suspect he'll again be one of the best against the bunnies. But lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story ay

Ive picked Tonga, Rooney and Waterhouse cause put bluntly there isnt much else, they are in reasonable form to start the year but beyond its no one IMO, i also completely forgot Ash Harrison who would take Waterhouses spot on the bench.

Besides the fact 2 games isnt enough to consitute form IMO but thats what the thread is asking and i answered...

Johns Magic

Referee
Ethal said:
How do you now? Are you a selector?

I believe I should be asking you the same question.

How do you know that is the team that "they'll pick"?

Are you a selector?

TooheysNew

Coach
Adamson may have outplayed him in your opinion, but he outplayed him in a team that was all over the Knights. Simpson was outstanding in a poor team.

Have a look at the stats from Simpson's games. They are average as you suggest.

ozboy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
which means last year, reputation counts for a sweet f**k all, did any of you acually watch last weeks game? I see a few people naming Steve Simpson who played average in week one and in week 2 Adamson out played him, Adamson in my mind was best forward on ground last week and i suspect he'll again be one of the best against the bunnies. But lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story ay

Ive picked Tonga, Rooney and Waterhouse cause put bluntly there isnt much else, they are in reasonable form to start the year but beyond its no one IMO, i also completely forgot Ash Harrison who would take Waterhouses spot on the bench.

Besides the fact 2 games isnt enough to consitute form IMO but thats what the thread is asking and i answered...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Adamson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
We'll see, im predicting Adamson to have an absolute ripper year
will make rep team? Of corse he wont but he will be in some very good form :D

Im Adamson's #1 Fan :D
Adamson = Champ :D

simon says

First Grade
ozboy said:
Raider_69 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Adamson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is too funny....LMAO!!!Adamson!!!!!

Yer credibilty as a judge of footy is now below zero,you have sunk to an unbeatable new low.

Matt Adamson........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

bula_stormer

Juniors
1.Billy Slater
2.Ty Williams
3.Josh Hannay
4.Stephen Bell
5.Matt King
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Matt Orford
8.Shane Webcke
9.Cameron Smith
10.Carl Webb
11.Andrew Ryan
12.Ben Kennedy
13.Ashlee Harrison

14.Craig Wing
15.Ben Ross
16.Trent Waterhouse
17.Joel Clinton

I think Both Hannay and Bell are playing better than any centres aprt from Matt King, who ive put on the wing. Rooney and Lewis are simply shithouse. I think Clinton's on fire and on form i dont think thats a bad side at all.

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:

Adamson made 16 tackles and 9 hitups for 75 metres.

Simpson made 47 tackles and 11 hitups for 100 metres.

In that game, Adamson made the least tackles of any starting forward from either team(overall making the 17th most tackles of any forward from either side), and wasn't even in the top 10 metre-getters. Nuffies like Kade Snowden, Matt White, Matthew Kennedy, Reegan Tanner, Kris Kahler and Josh Miller's stats were far more impressive than him in attack and defence. He was hardly the "best forward on ground".

I know stats don't show everything, but they do reveal a forward's workrate, which is just about the most important aspect of their game.

And last week Simpson was the top tackler of the game, and made 85 metres. Hardly average.

As for selecting Tonga, Waterhouse and Rooney due to a lack of options, well that just doesn't make sense when people like Josh Hannay, Steve Simpson, Scott Donald, Steve Southern, Steve Bell, Luke Macdougall and Ty Williams have been on fire.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Seems one thing seems set with everyone - Lockyer and Orford as the halves, if your orford miss out you'd have to ask your self what you had done to selectors and what ya have to do to get a crack

Same with Adamson :| :clap:

Raider_69

Post Whore
As you say, stats dont give the full veiw :)

Tonga hasnt been as bad as people are making out
ive acually be impressed with him this season, sure he isnt scoring the same amount of tries but he hasnt had the same quality ball he had either.

Rooney has also been playing fairly well in a team terribly out of form, but i guess only blokes from Newcastle can play well in a beaten team :)
Waterhouse ill give you, but as said a few posts earlier, id have him replaced by Ash Harrison :)