What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally I don't think the magpies have drawn a shorter straw than Illawarra has done. (supply all the juniors and get to cheer on a pair of Steelers socks) but still have been dealt with unfairly in the merger.

Atleast they train at Illawarra (& Kogarah). I have asked around & no one can tell me why the Tigers train at Concord. It's a turd of a drive from Campbelltown. A month at each ground would be a more fairer option given most NSW Cup players get bugger all money it's not like they can move closer

N.C.

Juniors
Dear Mr Carr

So let me get this straight...

So Wests Tigers are now affiliated with the NSWRL yet don't have a side in any NSWRL comp
and Wests Junior League broke their affiliation away from the Magpies District club
but the Magpies District Club constitution ratified by the NSWRL says they have power over the Wests Junior League
but Wests Junior League refuse to acknowledge this
so somehow Wests Junior League is now affiliated to the Wests Tigers
but Wests Ashfield want Wests Junior League affiliated back to the Magpies District Club
and its ok for the Campbelltown Eagles to play in a Sydney comp, but not the neighboring Group 6 comp
and the NSWRL want to remove Group 6 and have a comp run by an independant administrator which Wests JL will accept
but Wests JL wont accept allowing Group 6 to just run the comp
and Group 6 wants nothing to do with Wests JL
and Wests Tigers wont allow Group 6 board members onto the Magpies board
and Wests Tigers now want to change their constitution to allow a Wests Tigers NSW Cup side based from Concord
and Campbelltown Leagues club votes in line with Balmain at Wests Tigers board meetings
and soon we wont have a single senior rep side for the entire Macarthur district
and there is the strong possibility there wont be a single game of senior football played in Campbelltown on a weekend.

I'm sorry but this all pretty much sums up the mess we are in out in the Macarthur and your response does nothing to fix the situation we have found ourselves in.

Kindest of Regards

Graeme Szynal
"This is a proposition that is absolutely incorrect and regardless of the efforts made to correct misleading statements they are ignored." - Geoff Carr, quoted by "JoeJoe", 1/2/12.

Tiger05

First Grade
Atleast they train at Illawarra (& Kogarah). I have asked around & no one can tell me why the Tigers train at Concord. It's a turd of a drive from Campbelltown. A month at each ground would be a more fairer option given most NSW Cup players get bugger all money it's not like they can move closer

You realise that this just wouldn't work don't you ?

Tiger05

First Grade
"This is a proposition that is absolutely incorrect and regardless of the efforts made to correct misleading statements they are ignored." - Geoff Carr, quoted by "JoeJoe", 1/2/12.

I wonder if the morons don't like the taste of the turds that are dripping from there every word.

Seriously morons - go away.

franklin2323

Immortal
You realise that this just wouldn't work don't you ?

Why? The Dragons use both grounds to train on & it works. Unless a sponsor or something wont allow them to train at Campbelltown. It's seems odd to use a ground in neither district to train. Even more strange to get some players travelling over an hour away. LO is only 30mins further so it doesn't save any time for the Campbelltown players. Seems strange

gronkathon

First Grade
CSS charges WT to use the ground even for training. That is why training is sparsely carried out at either CSS or LO. Concord is cheaper, better equipped and more central to the majority of the playing group

incomparable

Juniors
Why? The Dragons use both grounds to train on & it works. Unless a sponsor or something wont allow them to train at Campbelltown. It's seems odd to use a ground in neither district to train. Even more strange to get some players travelling over an hour away. LO is only 30mins further so it doesn't save any time for the Campbelltown players. Seems strange

Isn't it funny how people think that St. George Illawarra and Wests Tigers are in the same boat.
MERGERS AND JOINT VENTURES ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE!!!!

super_coach

First Grade
To have two training bases becomes expensive, you need to duplicate up on everything. Okay to get from Campbelltown to Concord is not fun but millions of people commute each day for their jobs.

To attract top players and top coaches Iam afraid Concord usually is a little more appealing. Both Penrith and Canberra have struggled to attract top line players due to their locations.

Okay i see the value in having your juniors plus say u20s based out of Cambo as most of these kids still live at home in the area and many would not drive but I would leave the rest at Concord for the next few years

Tiger05

First Grade
Morons - you have made absolutely no sense. You have no points. We all know it.

When are going to simply go away. I for one think the sooner the better.

gurstar

Juniors
tiger05 Ive read this whole post and you have done nothing but dribble s*it ,the sooner you go away the better .

Tiger05

First Grade
tiger05 Ive read this whole post and you have done nothing but dribble s*it ,the sooner you go away the better .

No - if you read what I write it actually makes sense. It is factually correct.

You must be one of the morons who continually state factually incorrect statements. Quick question - what is like having turds dribbling down your mouth ?

Vicious

Bench
No - if you read what I write it actually makes sense. It is factually correct.

You must be one of the morons who continually state factually incorrect statements. Quick question - what is like having turds dribbling down your mouth ?

Tiger05, you need to give yourself a triple uppercut. It`s ok to have an opinion, but at the moment you are just talking crap and not making a sensible contribution to this thread.

Having one stable base is no doubt the ideal scenario, but no one particularly Tiger05 has answered my question being "what are the Wests Tigers doing to convince the best young talent from the Liverpool-Campbelltown-Macarthur region feel like the Wests Tigers are their local club and the club they they want to play for"?
The Wests Tigers have made huge steps in making this region Wests Tigers territory over the past 10 or so years. I don`t live in this region, but I don`t feel the Wests Tigers are doing enough to ensure it remains a Wests Tigers stronghold for years to come and from what I`m reading I don`t think many people who live in this region think so either.
Loyalties aside, as a Wests Tigers fan, is this a good thing? I really can`t see how it can be?

I don`t know what the short term answer is, but my suggestion of splitting the training in my opinion would be a good start as it ensures a regular presence in the area and sends a message that we are not just an inner city based club!

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05, you need to give yourself a triple uppercut. It`s ok to have an opinion, but at the moment you are just talking crap and not making a sensible contribution to this thread.

With all due respect if you compare the amount of crap that I have spoken to the morons it isn't close and they win that battle easily.

In saying that I will try and be reasonable within this post.

Having one stable base is no doubt the ideal scenario, but no one particularly Tiger05 has answered my question being "what are the Wests Tigers doing to convince the best young talent from the Liverpool-Campbelltown-Macarthur region feel like the Wests Tigers are their local club and the club they they want to play for"?

I did state earlier within this thread (I can't be bothered looking for what I posted) that the West is probably the future of this club and it is vitally important to our future.

Do not get me wrong - it there are any issues with the way the club is treating the supporters of the West it needs to be dealt with.

The Wests Tigers have made huge steps in making this region Wests Tigers territory over the past 10 or so years.

My first thoughts are that the morons are whining over nothing and you are confirming my opinion.

I don`t live in this region, but I don`t feel the Wests Tigers are doing enough to ensure it remains a Wests Tigers stronghold for years to come and from what I`m reading I don`t think many people who live in this region think so either.
Loyalties aside, as a Wests Tigers fan, is this a good thing? I really can`t see how it can be?

If you are correct I agree with you however truthfully I am not convinced of this argument. On top of that the morons are simply arguing over trivial points that do come across as childish and immature.

If the best training ground for everyone is Concord oval well they should STFU.

On top of that they are not arguing for the kids of the region. They are arguing for themselves. This to me is really bad form. It reeks of parents that push their kids because they do not have a life of their own.

The morons should be more interested in the careers of those kids with the ability to play first grade rather than their petty bullshit.

I don`t know what the short term answer is, but my suggestion of splitting the training in my opinion would be a good start as it ensures a regular presence in the area and sends a message that we are not just an inner city based club!

I disagree.

In saying that if there is an issue with regards to the Wests Tigers supporting the West it needs to be dealt with.

The morons are making this a Magpies vs Wests Tigers issue (and this is doing them a huge favour - they want to make it a West vs Balmain issue) and that is complete and utter bullshit. They should stand up and admit they do not have any point. These people are morons.

The morons need to piss right off from this club and all true supporters should be telling them to go f**k themselves.

All true supporters should also be pushing the club to support the West. We do need to face any issues with regards to the West and the community as a whole there with complete and utter respect. This is possibly one of the things that is pissng me off about the morons - I believe they are doing the kids within the West a major disservice.

Vicious

Bench
With all due respect if you compare the amount of crap that I have spoken to the morons it isn't close and they win that battle easily.

In saying that I will try and be reasonable within this post.

I did state earlier within this thread (I can't be bothered looking for what I posted) that the West is probably the future of this club and it is vitally important to our future.

Do not get me wrong - it there are any issues with the way the club is treating the supporters of the West it needs to be dealt with.

My first thoughts are that the morons are whining over nothing and you are confirming my opinion.

If you are correct I agree with you however truthfully I am not convinced of this argument. On top of that the morons are simply arguing over trivial points that do come across as childish and immature.

If the best training ground for everyone is Concord oval well they should STFU.

On top of that they are not arguing for the kids of the region. They are arguing for themselves. This to me is really bad form. It reeks of parents that push their kids because they do not have a life of their own.

The morons should be more interested in the careers of those kids with the ability to play first grade rather than their petty bullshit.

I disagree.

In saying that if there is an issue with regards to the Wests Tigers supporting the West it needs to be dealt with.

The morons are making this a Magpies vs Wests Tigers issue (and this is doing them a huge favour - they want to make it a West vs Balmain issue) and that is complete and utter bullshit. They should stand up and admit they do not have any point. These people are morons.

The morons need to piss right off from this club and all true supporters should be telling them to go f**k themselves.

All true supporters should also be pushing the club to support the West. We do need to face any issues with regards to the West and the community as a whole there with complete and utter respect. This is possibly one of the things that is pissng me off about the morons - I believe they are doing the kids within the West a major disservice.

Thank you for that, stating your opinion is what forums are all about.
I have only just read Stephen Humphries response to this issue of not doing enough for the south west of Sydney, I was pleasantly surprised to read that the Wests Tigers are spending a lot more time in the area than what I realised.

Tiger05

First Grade
Thank you for that, stating your opinion is what forums are all about.
I have only just read Stephen Humphries response to this issue of not doing enough for the south west of Sydney, I was pleasantly surprised to read that the Wests Tigers are spending a lot more time in the area than what I realised.

No problems.

What is really getting to me is that these so called supporters are not being fair at all to our team and they are actually trying to hurt the juniors in the West simply because they still cannot accept the JV. They do not care at all about the Wests team. Their interest lies solely in trying to destabilise the Wests team and it is based upon the mascot that we chose to use.

There is a huge difference between caring about the West and the Tigers support of that area to what these so-called supporters are doing. This is why we all must stand up and speak out against these absolute morons.

chunk

Juniors
Surprise ****ing surprise the Magpies side of the venture having a whinge, who would have thought.

There isn't a month goes by without some Magpie having a good old sook about not getting there fair share.

It has been 50/50 from the beginning and still is.

And if not, decisions have been made in the best interesy of the Wests Tigers.

Don't blame the Wests Tigers blame the incomptent rabble who has been running the joint for the past 30 years

innsaneink

Referee
Tiger 05.....mega dribbler and major troll

bib.png

...a couple of bibs for the shit the continually dribbles down your chin.

Piss off loser

Latest posts