What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger 05.....mega dribbler and major troll

bib.png

...a couple of bibs for the shit the continually dribbles down your chin.

Piss off loser

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Bravo. Bravo.

I wonder if you offer mentoring for one such as myself. You have the complete package don't you.

Your eloquence astounds me.

I bet you are senior member of the morons. You are going places aren't you.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Surprise ****ing surprise the Magpies side of the venture having a whinge, who would have thought.

There isn't a month goes by without some Magpie having a good old sook about not getting there fair share.

It has been 50/50 from the beginning and still is.

And if not, decisions have been made in the best interesy of the Wests Tigers.

Don't blame the Wests Tigers blame the incomptent rabble who has been running the joint for the past 30 years

I really don't get what the whinging is about.

The main issue I see is that our 3rd home ground is at the SFS rather than ANZ. The problem is though that everyone complained about ANZ and there doesn't appear to be much complaints about the 3rd home ground being the SFS.

It seriously comes across as a simple case of little girls that want to get everything there own way.

alien

Referee
As for solving the issue by changing the name. Of course it won't. These people have problems. It is like stating well to end World War 2 lets just let Hitler invade all of eastern Europe and that will be the end of it. Of course it won't - morons are going to be morons no matter what the situation that they are in. You can see multiple times on this thread where the morons are arguing for a better deal than the other side of the JV. What makes you think that will change.

it seems like hitler isnt happy about what is happening either...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZPzxuhTbP0&feature=youtu.be

franklin2323

Immortal
CSS charges WT to use the ground even for training. That is why training is sparsely carried out at either CSS or LO. Concord is cheaper, better equipped and more central to the majority of the playing group

Thanks. I agree with most of Wests statement it's just the council & not WT could be responsible for most of it.

Seems odd they wouldn't just give it as a yearly flat rate. Not being a resident of Ctown it's hard to judge but they still do plenty of school/shopping Centre visits atleast? If the Roosters get Narellen up & running they will be around regularly like they are in Kingswood.

chunk

Juniors
If anything the merger should be 60/40 comaprative to the fan base.

Even though old Balmain supporters represent more of the JV fans than old Wests, Balmain is still willing to do things 50/50.

What makes me laugh is that we have been hearing about this growth area called the Macarthur region for the past 20 years. Wests tried but failed miserably and had to merge.

They still can't even sell the ground out.

Finally, I think the Wests Tigers know what they are doing with the juniors.I'm confident they would be implementing the most productive way to produce quality footballers, that is the Wests Tigers strength.

Magpies are dead.....deal with it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Magpies are dead.....deal with it.

The funny thing is that this is the sole reason these morons are complaining. It comes down to not liking the Tigers mascot.

And to top it all off the young kids that they are supposedly representing would simply be disadvantaged by their actions.

murraymob

Coach
i dont care abut west tigers but feel the need to point out to any tigers or magpies supporter the tripe coming from your CEO .The have close the lost the mac carthur region as juniors due to neglect.It will not be long before the liverpool region falls into the same group.

They need to act immediatly not argue about who deserves more recognition in the joint venture.This is where the future of the club lies.Dont argue among yourself join and presure the club to act now

unforgiven

Bench
There are some very valid points about more needing to be done in the Cambo area. I agree, but alot of the people here who say they are argueing for the junours are not being honest, possibly not even with themselves. The reason this has come to a head now is because they are upset about Wests Ashfield threatening to remove their funding. All these problem can be traced back to the Wests Magpies Group, not the Wests Tigers. The only real mistake the Wests Tigers have made is leaving the juniour leagues in the region to be managed by the Magpies, they need to take greater control of the area.

alien

Referee
There are some very valid points about more needing to be done in the Cambo area. I agree, but alot of the people here who say they are argueing for the junours are not being honest, possibly not even with themselves. The reason this has come to a head now is because they are upset about Wests Ashfield threatening to remove their funding. All these problem can be traced back to the Wests Magpies Group, not the Wests Tigers. The only real mistake the Wests Tigers have made is leaving the juniour leagues in the region to be managed by the Magpies, they need to take greater control of the area.
group 6 manages the game well. they should take over the managing of the wests district junior area. why do you think the senior teams (campbelltown eagles, campbelltown city kangaroos and macarthur bulls) from the wests district are playing in group 6??? it looks like there wont be enough teams in the seniors for the wests district and the couple of remaining teams might have to play in the parra district comp. pathetic

Last edited:

alien

Referee
if wests tigers really wanted to merge the nsw cup teams they should have first moved the club to campbelltown (instead of concord) and make the wests magpies the bundy cup side. that wouldnt be as bad. instead they have treated the magpies like shit giving all of the excess players from the wt nrl squad and the fringe players to balmain. it started in 2006 or 2007 and its always balmain that gets all of the players from the nrl squad, just because we didnt agree to merge in nsw cup (and we shouldnt agree)

unforgiven

Bench
if wests tigers really wanted to merge the nsw cup teams they should have first moved the club to campbelltown (instead of concord) and make the wests magpies the bundy cup side. that wouldnt be as bad. instead they have treated the magpies like shit giving all of the excess players from the wt nrl squad and the fringe players to balmain. it started in 2006 or 2007 and its always balmain that gets all of the players from the nrl squad, just because we didnt agree to merge in nsw cup (and we shouldnt agree)

The Wests Tigers want all their fringe players playing in the same team, this is a fair and reasonable request and provides the best for the 1st grade team. Their proposal to allow this to happen was to merge the state cup teams. The Magpies response to this was basically tell them to get stuffed and that they would go their own way. What did they expect the Wests Tigers to do?

Now to your coment about moving the club to campbelltown. I had long been a supporter of basing the club down there, but as this argument has keep coming up it has made me think about the issue a little more. The Magpies were never able to make a success of being based in the area, now I dont know if this was due to the Magpies total incompetence, which is there for all to see, or because maybe just maybe a team will not work down there. The major problem I see with moving the club down to Campbelltown is the ability to attract the big name player to the club. Now I'm not trying to bag out the district, I live in Penrith myself, but a young professional footballer wants to live closer to the city. Penrith itself has had trouble attracting players in the past due to its location, and has lost local players due to it aswell.

alien

Referee
The Wests Tigers want all their fringe players playing in the same team, this is a fair and reasonable request and provides the best for the 1st grade team. Their proposal to allow this to happen was to merge the state cup teams. The Magpies response to this was basically tell them to get stuffed and that they would go their own way. What did they expect the Wests Tigers to do?

Now to your coment about moving the club to campbelltown. I had long been a supporter of basing the club down there, but as this argument has keep coming up it has made me think about the issue a little more. The Magpies were never able to make a success of being based in the area, now I dont know if this was due to the Magpies total incompetence, which is there for all to see, or because maybe just maybe a team will not work down there. The major problem I see with moving the club down to Campbelltown is the ability to attract the big name player to the club. Now I'm not trying to bag out the district, I live in Penrith myself, but a young professional footballer wants to live closer to the city. Penrith itself has had trouble attracting players in the past due to its location, and has lost local players due to it aswell.
whats the big deal of them all playing in the same side. if they make the nrl side they train with them all week anyway. if they wanted all the excess nrl players in the one team they could have went to balmain one year and wests magpies the next, but that isnt what happened. those reasons you have given me has NOT changed my opinion that the club should be based at campbelltown. im not saying wt should play all the home games in campbelltown. im talking about them training at campbelltown stadium and having the gym and offices a part of or next to wests leagues campbelltown which is right next to campbelltown stadium and leumeah railway station. yes i know most players wouldnt want to live in some of the not so nice suburbs but there are some nice areas to live around camden/macarthur. we have more juniors in the liverpool/macarthur/ southern highlands areas than the balmain district but for some reason the club is based in the inner west. its ridiculous

gronkathon

First Grade
The NYC team is made up of more out of district players than players from the Macarthur or Balmain.

Who is going to fork out the money to build the gym and offices at CSS?

You are aware that media coverage of the team will be reduced if they move to the Macarthur aren't you? Look at the amount of agencies at WT training and Press Conferences every single day and compare that with a Penrith. More media exposure = more brqnd recognition = better sponsors = more money coming into the club.

Whether you like it, recognise it or not this game is a business first and has been for nearing a decade

alien

Referee
wt would do worse losing alot of juniors because they arent looking after the south west than if they lost some players because "they want to live closer to the city."

magpies had trouble in campbelltown because of money, but it would have gotten better with the growing population and wests campbelltown and ashfield getting stronger. the problem is the nrl only cared about the short-term and didnt look at the long term, which is why they also got rid of adelaide rams, perth reds, south qld crushers (2nd brisbane team), bears who were going to have a team on central coast, and goldcoast (who are back now but it took a while). that was over a decade ago and we still dont have those teams in the nrl. it would be good to have a team based at campbelltown to fight afl (who are going to rape this area of juniors), and hopefully more than 4 nrl games per year at campbelltown

alien

Referee
We are meant to be at war with afl in western sydney! Wests tigers have a responsibilty to look after the game in the liverpool-macarthur-southern highlands. If they dont then the nrl should let western suburbs magpies back into the nrl based at campbelltown!

gronkathon

First Grade
Rubbish. The population has nothing to do with the corporate dollar.

The perceived socio ecconomic status of Campbelltown and the Macarthur makes population a negligible factor in determining market value of advertisment.

Wests Ashfield grew stronger by being able to capitalise money that was otherwise being flushed down the toilet on an NRL side solely funded by the group.

The AFL has been pushing its barrow in Western Sydney for years and has had negligible effect. The game is growing in the Hills District more than anywhere and the turnover rate in the Macarthur has remained the same in all of that time

alien

Referee
The NYC team is made up of more out of district players than players from the Macarthur or Balmain.

Who is going to fork out the money to build the gym and offices at CSS?

You are aware that media coverage of the team will be reduced if they move to the Macarthur aren't you? Look at the amount of agencies at WT training and Press Conferences every single day and compare that with a Penrith. More media exposure = more brqnd recognition = better sponsors = more money coming into the club.

Whether you like it, recognise it or not this game is a business first and has been for nearing a decade

im not surprised most of the nyc teams in made up of more out of district players if they have to travel to concord!

i doubt they would lose much exposure moving to campbelltown. they could lose more $$ by turning the fans in macarthur away

alien

Referee
Rubbish. The population has nothing to do with the corporate dollar.

The perceived socio ecconomic status of Campbelltown and the Macarthur makes population a negligible factor in determining market value of advertisment.

Wests Ashfield grew stronger by being able to capitalise money that was otherwise being flushed down the toilet on an NRL side solely funded by the group.

The AFL has been pushing its barrow in Western Sydney for years and has had negligible effect. The game is growing in the Hills District more than anywhere and the turnover rate in the Macarthur has remained the same in all of that time
bigger population means bigger crowds (alot of people in this area were supporters of other teams before the magpies moved here in 1987 so it takes a while), more juniors = stronger team

afl will get bigger down here with the greater western sydney giants team. afl will spend even more money in western sydney now

Latest posts