What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mouth blasts 'racist' NSW

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Mundine is a tosser by just stokin some flames and adding fuel to it by these latest comments. If he thinks his beliefs are valid and wants to get a message across he is going on about it in a very incorrect way by just causing more angst.

A fair chunk of white Australia does indeed have underlying, subtle, possibly subconcious race issues in day to day life to confront and accept. Ethnic diversity here on earth and Australia is here to stay and cannot possibly dissappear... so why does it still happen??

Anyone who is anglo/white and says there is no race issues in Aus cannot say that unless they have once had a differnt skin colour and have seen first hand some subtle differences in treatment you recieve if you are optically "different". Although yes in the year 2007 similar things still happen to "white" people living and working in "non white" countries .

Surely

Post Whore
This racism sh*t borders on insanity these days, i wouldn't employ a drunk indigenous person, same as i wouldn't employ a drunk piece of white trash.

So what happens the white one calls me a merkin, and the indiginous one calls me a racist merkin.

Not so, i just don't employ drunks.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hutty1986 said:
I'm pretty sure Inglis would stroll into the NSW team!

He strolls into the Australian team, the blues have terrible backline and 5/8th options this year, we'd kill for Inglis...

Iafeta

Referee
Blind Freddy said:
Mundine is a tosser by just stokin some flames and adding fuel to it by these latest comments. If he thinks his beliefs are valid and wants to get a message across he is going on about it in a very incorrect way by just causing more angst.

A fair chunk of white Australia does indeed have underlying, subtle, possibly subconcious race issues in day to day life to confront and accept. Ethnic diversity here on earth and Australia is here to stay and cannot possibly dissappear... so why does it still happen??

Anyone who is anglo/white and says there is no race issues in Aus cannot say that unless they have once had a differnt skin colour and have seen first hand some subtle differences in treatment you recieve if you are optically "different". Although yes in the year 2007 similar things still happen to "white" people living and working in "non white" countries .

Good question.

From a bit of reading on the American scene, the biggest pillar to government imposing themselves for civil rights is the lack of majority voting support. For example, if JFK tried to put through Civil Rights Bills that ended completely segregation in the southern states, the southern representatives would oppose it and force it to be vetoed. JKF's name would be smeared in the south, and he wouldn't have been re-elected. Using JFK as an example, he chose to focus on issues where the greater majority of voters supported him - stopping Kruschev's missile crisis, continuing the Space Race, and Vietnam. History tells us that the last two were indifferent choices - Vietnam was ordinary to get involved with and the whole domino theory was a bit sus, and the space race was only really for brownie points and to advance new technologies. Surely the rights of human's to population wide equality were far more pressing long term. I doubt too many politiicans think too hard about the long term, because it's the short term they are judged on and voted upon.

It is a pity, you are quite correct, that are in most cultures some backward redneck agendas against indigineous or ethnic people. How to stop it? I guess electing indigineous representatives to key government roles and judicial roles is a start, but I think you are right in saying it will never truly completely end.

That said, I very much doubt Merritt's non selection, which I'd say is Mundine's catalyst (plus he has a fight coming up) had anything to do with his race, but rather his defensive liabilities. He's had a great last season or so, but how many very good seasons has Hazem El Masri banged out on succession?

league

Juniors
Stranger said:
If a white player misses out its because he was unlucky or he wasn't good enough...

If an Aboriginal misses out....

Canberra fans should call all the selectors racist for not picking Tongue in the starting 17...

The ratio of Aboriginal players missing out, to anglo-saxon players missing out is MUCH larger....

Stranger

Coach
Ohhh really? Got a source?

Edit* ohh and while your looking for one, get some more names also...

gregstar

Referee
league said:
The ratio of Aboriginal players missing out, to anglo-saxon players missing out is MUCH larger....
well of course that's the case. do the f*cking math.

if only a relatively small number of aboriginees play, naturally the percentage will be higher.

say 30 nsw eligible aborigines play in the nrl & only one is selected for nsw, 96% have missed out.

as such, say 350 eligible non aborigines play & 16 make up the other spots for the blues, 78% have missed out.

so what's your solution? a quota?

yeah - because that wouldn't demean aborigines would it? :lol:

yosh64

Juniors
Pensacola Q.C said:
Ok i don't think that NSWRL is racist...but...doesn't it seem like QLD have been more 'willing' to select aboriginal players in the last 10 years than NSW? Especially smaller players that may be typically deemed not 'tough' enough to play origin football. Guys like Thurston, Sing, Bowen, Inglis and Ty Williams would likely never have gotten a game for NSW. A mouth like Justin Hodges may never have gotten a look in. On the flip side i reckon players like Blacklock and Campbell probably would have got a maroon jersey.

I think that's a possible view. However i don't believe Mundine's comments are either genuine nor constructive. As noted he is trying to promote a fight with another no-name.

He did just say it to promote his fight. But dont we just select based on form, and sometimes clubs with more power can get people selected (ie, topou had help from stuart for australian selection).

But i dont see any sort of selection issues based on race. Wouldnt you suggest there is more aboriginals in QLD then NSW, especially in NQ where the cowboys are developing players. So i dont think there is any difference between QLD and NSW in terms of aboriginals.

Its not like there is any aboriginal player that is a standout at the moment. Preston is ok, peachy's ok, merritt's the only one that seems to be close to rep level and i think if he keeps playing well consistently in every aspect of his position (not just tries) then he will get selected.

Pensacola Q.C said:
Ok i don't think that NSWRL is racist...but...doesn't it seem like QLD have been more 'willing' to select aboriginal players in the last 10 years than NSW? Especially smaller players that may be typically deemed not 'tough' enough to play origin football. Guys like Thurston, Sing, Bowen, Inglis and Ty Williams would likely never have gotten a game for NSW. A mouth like Justin Hodges may never have gotten a look in. On the flip side i reckon players like Blacklock and Campbell probably would have got a maroon jersey.

I think that's a possible view. However i don't believe Mundine's comments are either genuine nor constructive. As noted he is trying to promote a fight with another no-name.

Now to put that into perspective how about getting the total number of Aboriginal players currently running around and find out how many (percentage wise) come from QLD compared to NSW.

Most are Queenslanders hence they get more chosen.

Farkin silly....

Moffo

Referee
mundine is the stupidest human being going around in sydney today...congrats to the genius are in store

NK Arsenal

Juniors
We could say Arsenal FC in the EPL are racist because we only have 5 Englishmen but nobodys playing the race card are they?

HevyDevy

Coach
medievilknight said:
AHHH but he wont get beaten................his minders pick all the "has beens" or never heard ofs for him to fight :lol::lol:

Isn't that the line that Jeff Fenech used to drag out?

Mundine's comments may be stupid but I thought most people on this site were intelligent enough to realise what a redundant (and wrong) statement you've just made.

HevyDevy

Coach
sharko said:
I am genuinely impressed with the skill of some of the posters in this forum who can type with their white hoods on and their smoke alarms blaring from the crosses burning in their lounge rooms..it is quite a skill.
And I post this tongue in cheek..I acknowkledge not all are racists and bigots..ignorance is probably their worst offence!

Ignorance is living in the past.

Nobody here has denied that wrongs have been done in Australia's history. For you to somehow relate it to the topic of this thread is where your own skills clearly lie.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Ewan McGrady's Lovechild said:
Now to put that into perspective how about getting the total number of Aboriginal players currently running around and find out how many (percentage wise) come from QLD compared to NSW.

Most are Queenslanders hence they get more chosen.

Farkin silly....
I gave examples. Engage with the post or dont bother replying.

sharko said:
I am genuinely impressed with the skill of some of the posters in this forum who can type with their white hoods on and their smoke alarms blaring from the crosses burning in their lounge rooms..it is quite a skill.
And I post this tongue in cheek..I acknowkledge not all are racists and bigots..ignorance is probably their worst offence!

Attempting to attain the moral high-ground when you are quite obviously a pissant cracka, is not quite working.

sharko said:

So you are equating the killing, lynching and terrorising of African Americans by the Klu Klux Klan with someone disagreeing to accept a ridiculous, self-serving accusation of racism? What next? The NSWRL not selecting Blacklock is similar to the holocaust?

If anyone on this thread needs to learn a thing or two about racism it's you.

brendothejet

First Grade
Mundine was a freak of a footballer.

Just quickly can someone post a list of aboriginal players to don the Sky blue???

Mundine vs Fitler, Daley = Mundine owned every time.

Latest posts