What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The news every Roosters fan has been waiting for...

melon....

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
Yes, but neither of you have been in here of late sprouting the inflammatory cockroach excrement that you usually do, as you did in 2003/2004. Neither has Cockburn, Chook, OVP or the other Roosters f*cktards. which was exactly my point. Hence "38% less rooster bashing"!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on RLE, who are you tring to kid???

You HATE Penrith! If you're not busy attacking our crowd figures, you're trying to suggest that we shouldn't be in the N.R.L, or that our 2003 Minor Premiership and Premiership year was not deserved, or a fluke. You make it a point to insinuate that we are not worthy of glory or are a living joke compared to other teams in the N.R.L.!

Methinks a small part of the reason why you hate Penrith is that deep down, you do indeed consider them a threat to your beloved Roosters. Methinks there is also a lot of jealousy on your part, for our success in 2003, which is why you feel we didn't deserve it! :lol:

I don't hate the Roosters. I dislike them in the extreme. There is a big difference in "dislike" and pure hatred. For me "hate" is irreversible. I've never actually disliked the Roosters for any great length of time. There was even one stage where I thought they were a fantastic club. During my stay in Prince of Wales Hospital at the young age of 9 years old the entire 1983 Roosters first grade squad, including Ricky Walford came into the childrens ward, signed my leg cast and gave me an autographed pic of the team which I still have to this day. I didn't have the heart to tell them I wasn't a Roosters supporter as this act of generosity has still moved me to this day. The reason why I dislike the Roosters is because of their fan base. The attitudes and mentalities of individuals I have met in here, on "The Wall", on the Panthers website and at home and away games, have given me little justification to feel any other way about your club.

My feelings can, however, be changed.

Pantherjim.
What is it with Jims and this theread?

You know what PJim? Every other Penrith Fan that has ever frequented the Wall or my site The Rugby League Site, has earnt respect and is welcome.

You are the exception. You won in 03. Enjoy it, and get over it. We dont harbour any animocity of this fact. We just hate imbeciles like you that stick their heads ir heads in a thread that doesnt concern them and hyjack it.

My debate with Jimmy, has nothing to do with you. Yet you are acting like a complete tosspot. I say its time for PantherJim to grow up. Talk footy, be passionate, but pull your empty head in.

Smartman

Juniors
So Melon you're saying Gould has been a cancer at the Roosters for the past 10 years? or just recently?

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
What is it with Jims and this theread?

You know what PJim? Every other Penrith Fan that has ever frequented the Wall or my site The Rugby League Site, has earnt respect and is welcome.

You are the exception. You won in 03. Enjoy it, and get over it. We dont harbour any animocity of this fact. We just hate imbeciles like you that stick their heads ir heads in a thread that doesnt concern them and hyjack it.

My debate with Jimmy, has nothing to do with you. Yet you are acting like a complete tosspot. I say its time for PantherJim to grow up. Talk footy, be passionate, but pull your empty head in.

Was I addressing you Melon? No, I was responding to RLE's reply If you'd care to look at my post!

Furthermore I can't understand where your hatred of me comes from. After all, I've merely been reacting to the inflammatory drivel of yourself, RLE, Cockburn, Chook and OVP since 2003. If you engaged in merely friendly banter I'd get on with most of you, and enjoy discussing footy.

But I guess you lot reckon it's too late for that?

Pantherjim.

melon....

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
Was I addressing you Melon? No, I was responding to RLE's reply If you'd care to look at my post!

Furthermore I can't understand where your hatred of me comes from. After all, I've merely been reacting to the inflammatory drivel of yourself, RLE, Cockburn, Chook and OVP since 2003. If you engaged in merely friendly banter I'd get on with most of you, and enjoy discussing footy.

But I guess you lot reckon it's too late for that?

Pantherjim.
You waffle on about Roosters fans, you waffle on about me. We stick together. Regardless of idiots like you claiming we have no fans, in reality we are passionate and diehards. We stick. Even Jimmy, who thinks Finch is OK, we will defend against morons like you.

I sugggest you do what other Penny fans have...learn to get along.

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
You waffle on about Roosters fans, you waffle on about me. We stick together. Regardless of idiots like you claiming we have no fans, in reality we are passionate and diehards. We stick. Even Jimmy, who thinks Finch is OK, we will defend against morons like you.

I sugggest you do what other Penny fans have...learn to get along.

When have I ever suggested that you don't have fans? i appreciate that you're diehard and passionate as we are!

I'm trying to get along Melon, and am willing to bury the hatchet. The question is can you lot do the same?

Pantherjim.

melon....

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
When have I ever suggested that you don't have fans? i appreciate that you're diehard and passionate as we are!

I'm trying to get along Melon, and am willing to bury the hatchet. The question is can you lot do the same?

Pantherjim.
Well seeing as we probably havent ripped into Penrith for 3 years, Id say the hatchet's already been buried. Where have you been? And just because the hatchet has been buried for now, doesnt mean idiots will not continually be brought into line.

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
Well seeing as we probably havent ripped into Penrith for 3 years, Id say the hatchet's already been buried. Where have you been? And just because the hatchet has been buried for now, doesnt mean idiots will not continually be brought into line.

I'm offering a truce, general light-hearted banter and a good old chat about our great game. And Yes, I'm being genuine. FFS, I will even offer it to Chook, OVP and even Cogburn if you like?

I'm prepared to forgive and forget if you are... No bullsh*t.

P.J.

Jimmy

Juniors
Melon, I have not mentioned Gould in my postings so I wonder why you assume I am an admirer. I have little time for him and I'm aware of his interference at half time in the 2004 GF.
I know our coach's credentials and I'll stick with him. It is possible in 2006 he will make the alterations you desire and, if he does, he will again have my support. I would like some solidarity from Rooster supporters and not have supporters from other clubs enjoying disputes within our club. Cheers, Jimmy ( the blind idiot )

Pantherjim. said:
Yes, but neither of you have been in here of late sprouting the inflammatory cockroach excrement that you usually do, as you did in 2003/2004. Neither has Cockburn, Chook, OVP or the other Roosters f*cktards. which was exactly my point. Hence "38% less rooster bashing"!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on RLE, who are you tring to kid???

You HATE Penrith! If you're not busy attacking our crowd figures, you're trying to suggest that we shouldn't be in the N.R.L, or that our 2003 Minor Premiership and Premiership year was not deserved, or a fluke. You make it a point to insinuate that we are not worthy of glory or are a living joke compared to other teams in the N.R.L.!

Methinks a small part of the reason why you hate Penrith is that deep down, you do indeed consider them a threat to your beloved Roosters. Methinks there is also a lot of jealousy on your part, for our success in 2003, which is why you feel we didn't deserve it! :lol:

Well, the reason why I haven't been spouting this season about why I believe the Roosters are the best team, is because I no longer believe it to be so. I did believe so in 2003 and 2004. It's pretty simple, really.

Crowds. I NEVER raise the issue of crowds. I find talk about crowds not only boring, but also irrelevent. What I HAVE done, on numerous occasions, is defend Roosters crowd figures, and point out that over a long period of time (the only fair way to evaluate crowds), Penrith has the smallest home crowd average of any team currently in the NRL. Certainly lower than the Roosters. But, again, it's of no concern to me whatsoever. Problem is, other people, who talk out of ignorance, just keep on raising the issue.

As for Penrith's legitimacy as a member of the NRL, well, the courts back up what I said. If the criteria hadn't have been biased against Souths, Penrith would have been the team eliminated from the competition, as the four bottom teams, Manly and Norths, and Wests and Balmain, merged. Again, that's not my opinion, just fact.

I think you're getting a little hysterical over something that's really not that important.

Jimmy said:
Melon, I have not mentioned Gould in my postings so I wonder why you assume I am an admirer. I have little time for him and I'm aware of his interference at half time in the 2004 GF.
I know our coach's credentials and I'll stick with him. It is possible in 2006 he will make the alterations you desire and, if he does, he will again have my support. I would like some solidarity from Rooster supporters and not have supporters from other clubs enjoying disputes within our club. Cheers, Jimmy ( the blind idiot )

That's it, in a nutshell, Jimmy. These so called "fans" who continually bag our players and our coach(es) aren't real fans in my eyes, because their support comes with a disclaimer.

melon....

Coach
Renowned League Expert said:
That's it, in a nutshell, Jimmy. These so called "fans" who continually bag our players and our coach(es) aren't real fans in my eyes, because their support comes with a disclaimer.
You'll never undestand. Just because i question or do not accept crap at our club, you think I am not a "true" supporter. Being a YES man, accepting mediocrity is NOT what supporting a club is. For 2 years I hoped and spurred on Finch. This year i even gave the git until Round 20.....its not like I gave up on him from day one. And do you think Stuart....who you have so much faith in, accepts mediocrity as readily as you and Jimmy?

No f**king chance....he would be as livid as i am. It remains to see if his ego will stop him from making the right decisions in 2006.

i support the club first, above and beyond any individual. Thats what support means to me. Players and staff come and go, Easts will live forever. But you polish up the rose coloured glasses mate, and keep believeing Finch is the answer, if thats what you want to believe. But dont ever dare to question my support for this club, just because I dont have a feel good in my tummy feeling like you.

melon....

Coach
Jimmy said:
Melon, I have not mentioned Gould in my postings so I wonder why you assume I am an admirer.
The same reason you think Im not a supporter. It seems that way. In Morley's first 2 seasons, he was plagued with back injuries, and climatising to ur game. People on The Wall were calling for his head. i stuck with him and tried to encourage people to give him a fair go. Now he's one of our best. And those that were calling for his head, were never labelled as non supporters by me.

Now Im calling for Finch's head. Because he has played 6 years of 1st grade in the NRL, and 3 years to prove himself with us, and he has shown that he wont cut it. So I and others want him out, aftre also giving him more than a fair go. Yet we are labelled non-supporters.

Can you see where this is pear shaped?

So whats stopping me from believing you arent a Goudl fan? Youre a Finch fan, and he has stuffed up almost as much as gould. Its a natural progression.

OVP

Coach
melon.... said:
You'll never undestand. Just because i question or do not accept crap at our club, you think I am not a "true" supporter. Being a YES man, accepting mediocrity is NOT what supporting a club is. For 2 years I hoped and spurred on Finch. This year i even gave the git until Round 20.....its not like I gave up on him from day one. And do you think Stuart....who you have so much faith in, accepts mediocrity as readily as you and Jimmy?

No f**king chance....he would be as livid as i am. It remains to see if his ego will stop him from making the right decisions in 2006.

i support the club first, above and beyond any individual. Thats what support means to me. Players and staff come and go, Easts will live forever. But you polish up the rose coloured glasses mate, and keep believeing Finch is the answer, if thats what you want to believe. But dont ever dare to question my support for this club, just because I dont have a feel good in my tummy feeling like you.

Well said Melon. These hypocrites are so stupid, they cant see that wanting to keep such a rubbish player does only harm to our club. And yet they call themselves true supporters because they support a joke of a player INSTEAD of the Club itself. Wouldnt a true fan want to see success come our way, NOT mediocrity ?

These are probably the same people who were happy with the Ron Jones era.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well said melon, we have a similar argument amongsts raiders fans regarding Elliott at the moment, some say by wanting his head on a plate i and others are not 'true' fans... Rubbish IMO, to accept mediocrity is not in my nature and nor in the Raiders short yet proud history, some will bury their heads in the sand and support the men representing thier club no matter whats, others wont and support the club as a whole over any individual... neither are any lesser fan then the other IMO

Raider_69 said:
Well said melon, we have a similar argument amongsts raiders fans regarding Elliott at the moment, some say by wanting his head on a plate i and others are not 'true' fans... Rubbish IMO, to accept mediocrity is not in my nature and nor in the Raiders short yet proud history, some will bury their heads in the sand and support the men representing thier club no matter whats, others wont and support the club as a whole over any individual... neither are any lesser fan then the other IMO

"The club" is not some abstract entity. "The club" IS the players, coaches and officials who make up "the club". You either support the players and staff, or you don't support "the club".

There's nothing complicated about it.

Criticism of a player or a coach's form is one thing, but when it gets really personal as it has with Brett Finch, THEN I question how much those doing the criticising are really "fans". Because my support of the Roosters has always been unconditional. Others, whose spiel seems to be, "I support the Roosters, BUT --," can't say the same thing.

Some Roosters fans do seem to be a bit flaky. At the Wall, possibly the Roosters greatest ever player, Brad Fittler, is constantly referred to as "sh*ttler", by so-called fans. That about says it all.

I've never seen Brett Finch give anything other than 100% on the field. As a supporter, that's all I ever ask.

"The club" is not some abstract entity. "The club" IS the players, coaches and officials who make up "the club". You either support the players and staff, or you don't support "the club".

Worst paragraph in a post, ever.

The club isn't the "players, coaches and officials", the club first and foremost is the supporters.

Believe it or not, the supporters would survive without the players, coaches and officials but the players, coaches and officials wouldn't survive without the supporters.

There's nothing complicated about it.

Criticism of a player or a coach's form is one thing, but when it gets really personal as it has with Brett Finch, THEN I question how much those doing the criticising are really "fans". Because my support of the Roosters has always been unconditional. Others, whose spiel seems to be, "I support the Roosters, BUT --," can't say the same thing.

Some Roosters fans do seem to be a bit flaky. At the Wall, possibly the Roosters greatest ever player, Brad Fittler, is constantly referred to as "sh*ttler", by so-called fans. That about says it all.

I've never seen Brett Finch give anything other than 100% on the field. As a supporter, that's all I ever ask.

Well said Comrade - FOFF = Federation of Fairweather Followers

melon.... said:
The same reason you think Im not a supporter. It seems that way. In Morley's first 2 seasons, he was plagued with back injuries, and climatising to ur game. People on The Wall were calling for his head. i stuck with him and tried to encourage people to give him a fair go. Now he's one of our best. And those that were calling for his head, were never labelled as non supporters by me.

Now Im calling for Finch's head. Because he has played 6 years of 1st grade in the NRL, and 3 years to prove himself with us, and he has shown that he wont cut it. So I and others want him out, aftre also giving him more than a fair go. Yet we are labelled non-supporters.

Can you see where this is pear shaped?

So whats stopping me from believing you arent a Goudl fan? Youre a Finch fan, and he has stuffed up almost as much as gould. Its a natural progression.

You are fairweather followers hence your's and others membership of FOFF - Federation of Fairweather Followers. Who are FOFF to judge a player that has played over 140 NRL games when you all combined have played none??. 3 years to cut it??.

Making 2 grandfinals with Finch at half and Finch unlucky in missing out on the player of the year in 2004 must have been a dream.

FOFF Membership rules - must have brandnew never been worn Wests Tigers / Swans jersey's with receipt showing proof of purchase after relevant grandfinals.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Worst paragraph in a post, ever.

The club isn't the "players, coaches and officials", the club first and foremost is the supporters.

Believe it or not, the supporters would survive without the players, coaches and officials but the players, coaches and officials wouldn't survive without the supporters.

the club is players/officials including coaches/ fans and sponsors

"The supporters would survive without players, coaches and officials" - what will supporters do then go to the ground to watch the grass grow?? one of your best

Raider_69 said:

if you can coach better apply for the job when it comes up then - easy from stands

Latest posts