What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Finals Crowd Thread

The Tank

Bench
You'd expect that there'd be at least 30k Eels there, considering the 28k that turned up for the Titans..

if it's 50k at most, then there'd be 20k Dogs fans[and we definitely know that that won't happen].. :lol:

my prediction:

33k~ Eels fans + 35k~ Dogs fans

Probably end up with 65k~ :pray:

---

Other game.. probably 28k..

Just being cautious Chook. Everytime I read about these "massive" attendances on here and they always turn out to be ALOT lower. This way anything over 50k is brilliant. TBH I think there's a chance of high 50's, possible low 60's. Can't see 70k or more though. Should be a goodun' regardless.

Shame it's on Friday - my dad's a Dogs man and we planned to go but he's got work so we'll have to watch at home.

Brutus

Referee
It's a bloody shame Eels v Dogs wasn't Sat night although Fri night might be better for Tv ratings.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I propose that all businesses in Parramatta and Bankstown CBD areas declare a half day holiday on Friday to allow fans to get home and to the game...
Not a bad idea. Many rural towns & cities have proclaimed local public holidays simply because a fair, show or race meet is happening... I totally agree.

Timmah

Staff member
I predict 45k - 50k at most.
I appreciate the conservatism but look at the facts. Two years ago, the 'Dogs limped into the semis and made it to a week two clash with the Eels. That clash, even allowing for our crap form, saw 50,621 through the gates. I'll go on the record now to say it will top that with ease. It's for a spot in the Grand Final and both teams are playing quality football.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I can honestly see a 70k crowd coming up

There should be ~35k Eels, ~30k Dogs and ~5k neutrals/stadium members...

Timmah

Staff member
I've heard that on the grapevine too, no idea where though either.

I'm very disappointed in the NRL's communication with the NSW Govt (two organisations as incompetent as each other)... it would be very easy to prove the event will surpass 40k in numbers (the required amount for free transport to be included in the ticket), yet the Govt won't announce it til later in the week. Surely it'd be better for all involved if they simply included it from the get go? Saves NSW Govt keeping tabs, gives them more time to organise. For the NRL, it enhances the crowd number as those worried about transport won't have to be.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I'm very disappointed in the NRL's communication with the NSW Govt (two organisations as incompetent as each other)... it would be very easy to prove the event will surpass 40k in numbers (the required amount for free transport to be included in the ticket), yet the Govt won't announce it til later in the week. Surely it'd be better for all involved if they simply included it from the get go? Saves NSW Govt keeping tabs, gives them more time to organise. For the NRL, it enhances the crowd number as those worried about transport won't have to be.

Agreed

They do that with Socceroos matches at ANZ from the start

What's so hard for the NRL to do the same..

Perth Red

Post Whore
All AFL and S14 games in Perth (as well as royal show, concerts etc) inc free public transport. Time the NSW govt got into the 21st century!

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I think the crowd figure we should be aiming for Canterbury vs Parramatta is:

57973 Parramatta v St George SCG 17-Aug-1963

That's the record non-GF finals crowd.

If we can beat that then the NRL can trumpet this in the media.

ByRd

First Grade
We are a massive shot of beating that and i believe the crowd will be between 60-65k

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
What's so hard for the NRL to do the same..

Good question (even with lack of question mark).

Seems strange to me, ridiculous if it doesn't go ahead. Transport in ticket makes going to the game a lot more attractive, along with direct trains from Central to Homebush.

Can someone please confirm for me whether or not the following get/got it?

1. State of Origin games
2. Grand Final
3. Big AFL games
4. Swans final with 18,000 in attendance,

ByRd

First Grade
Good question (even with lack of question mark).

Seems strange to me, ridiculous if it doesn't go ahead. Transport in ticket makes going to the game a lot more attractive, along with direct trains from Central to Homebush.

Can someone please confirm for me whether or not the following get/got it?

1. State of Origin games
2. Grand Final
3. Big AFL games
4. Swans final with 18,000 in attendance,
I know Grand Finals and Origin do

MsStorm

Bench
All AFL and S14 games in Perth (as well as royal show, concerts etc) inc free public transport. Time the NSW govt got into the 21st century!

Then its time for the Victorian Govt. to do the same thing...get into the 21st century...no such luck even for afl fans.

I appreciate the conservatism but look at the facts. Two years ago, the 'Dogs limped into the semis and made it to a week two clash with the Eels. That clash, even allowing for our crap form, saw 50,621 through the gates. I'll go on the record now to say it will top that with ease. It's for a spot in the Grand Final and both teams are playing quality football.

I agree.
Anyone saying anything less than 50,000 is utterly clueless.

If we don't get above 60,000 there is something seriously WRONG!