What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
We don't need troubled centres, we need big props and a hooker. This guy is trouble, Bellamy knew it and Canberra took the risk and got bitten, we don't need any more bad luck. Not even for reserves.
100% agreed. No more signing players with attitude and off field problems we have had our fair share of these guys. Just sign up more durable props and a back up hooker and have the rest of the team just wanting to win and give their all in each match. Be better men off the field please.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Seems to me there's risk and there's reward and in the case of Scott he will come very cheap and if he's learnt anything surely it's worth rolling the dice

Old Timer

Coach
We do need all the help we can get, however it doesn't always mean playing the "better" teams when they are reduced in strength at SOO time or when they have several star players injured or suspended, we need the help of the coaches to get our players themselves to play better footy. It's no use us having a big crack at the top teams and winning a few when we get done by the other also rans.

Fitness, durability, toughness, strength, better game plans and tactics, more second phase play and make sure they apply attention to detail all of the time. The head coach has to work out without any doubt how the team can beat the opposition. Look at their weaknesses and strengths, look at our players weaknesses and strengths in comparison.

The one thing that stands out is the need to strengthen our defence 100%. Defence wins games and the key to this is to ensure the guys are physically and mentally fit each week and I mean each week.
I agree with all the above but a little extra help whilst we get, learn, create all that won’t go astray.

Old Timer

Coach
I think there is an underlying risk with many NRL players and signings.

Many of these blokes have the bodies of men and the brains and dicks of donkeys.

Many live life on the edge and are only a photo, sexual urge, stupid or impulsive decision away from being a headline.

JDB a perfect example and if he is good enough to wear the Big Red V then who are we to point the finger at Scott?

Would the Cheese or Herman look better snorting in a StGI jumper?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Many of these blokes have the bodies of men and the brains and dicks of donkeys.

Many live life on the edge and are only a photo, sexual urge, stupid or impulsive decision away from being a headline.

JDB a perfect example and if he is good enough to wear the Big Red V then who are we to point the finger at Scott?

You make a lot of good points OT. I was glad to get JDB back, so I can see my hypocrisy there (maybe a case of "he may be an idiot, but he is OUR idiot"?). I always think the Storm and Bellamy are grubs and only one second away from scandal at any given time. I don't like admitting it, but the Roosters to me have far and away the best culture and team standards (at least in recent times). Where can the Dragons recruit an Uncle Nick and a Trent Robinson from? Griffin MIGHT fill the bill, but I am pretty sure Uncle Bruce won't!

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade

It's a very good point OT.

Scott would be way down the pecking order even as far as salary expectations are concerned, so many would say he's not a good culture fit etc, however, if we were in the market and strongly fancied to sign BS would the reasoning be the same, just because he's more of a current, let's say high profile player demanding higher salary.

Again I would say I think the Scott rumour is a bit way off, but you never know.

randomdragon

Juniors
I personally think we were competitive last year with a terrible forward pack, so many off field disruptions, key injuries to our captain, half back and our goal kicking strike centre. Our squad is significantly stronger for next year, so are some other teams around us however teams such as canberra, Newcastle, parramatta will all fall. We will be good, just trust the process

RedVDave

First Grade
One of the radio stations picked up on this aswell - he will only be signed as a backup cause in all honesty we need backdepth
If our starting backline for next year is
1. Sloan
2. Mat Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Suli
5. Rava

Other than Mbye and Bird who can play in the backs but are filling other positions our only other backs in our squad are legitimately

- Cody Ramsey
- Max Feagai

So I’m cool with the signing if it is a cheap 1 year incentive based abit like Burgess

But I really really hope we sign a backup dummy half and another first grade prop
I thought we had/were going to sign Lussick from East's?

Dragon David

First Grade
I would have gone and signed Braidon Burns for depth over Curtis Scott

But Burns is off the the Bulldogs cause you can’t have enough centre’s at the bulldogs
The Bulldogs have a liquorice all sorts team for next year as they have signed so many players from different clubs. Who else are they after? They have gotten rid of a lot of deadwood.

The problem with them is that they have Trent as the coach.

Saw the 2022 premiership winners odds were released this week.
Dragons longest odds at $51 behind Tigers at $41.
Betting agencies are saying we are the WORST team in the comp next year even with the additional signings we’ve made.
Bit harsh?
Maybe they didn't hear: Norman is goooone! Nothing but improvements can come from that. The only thing holding back my positivity for next year, is the fact that Griffin thought Norman was good. That is concerning.

hewi

Bench
Maybe they didn't hear: Norman is goooone! Nothing but improvements can come from that. The only thing holding back my positivity for next year, is the fact that Griffin thought Norman was good. That is concerning.

Photos can make people do the most stupid things. Well that’s my excuse anyway.