What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The run home.

Chipmunk

Coach
I dislike the idea of planning for a loss. 3rd presents us the best chance of a win whilst still getting the second bite, so I'm hoping for 3rd.

I'd be more confident of beating a team we've already beaten at their home ground this season (Storm) than i would be of beating a team that generally puts 50 on us at their Home Ground (Roosters).

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd be more confident of beating a team we've already beaten at their home ground this season (Storm) than i would be of beating a team that generally puts 50 on us at their Home Ground (Roosters).

Lol.

We haven't beaten Melbourne at home. We've beaten their reserve grade side.

A semi in front of 20k+ Eels fans at the SFS is far preferable to one in front of 15 Eels fans and some blokes who thought they were going to the AFL at AAMI Park. Anything else is bullshit.

Chipmunk

Coach
Lol.

We haven't beaten Melbourne at home. We've beaten their reserve grade side.

A semi in front of 20k+ Eels fans at the SFS is far preferable to one in front of 15 Eels fans and some blokes who thought they were going to the AFL at AAMI Park. Anything else is bullshit.

I can't see us beating the Roosters at Allianz, if we finish 4th or 5th we more than likely don't have to beat the Storm to make the GF.

We won't beat the Storm anywhere and it's unlikely either will anyone else.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We won't beat the Storm anywhere and it's unlikely either will anyone else.

Of course!!

However, the Storm were even money or hot favourites in their last final games in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016 (3 were in Melbourne), they choked each time (yeah last year probably wasn't a choke but look at the other 3 finals).

Storm do know how to f**k up a finals match !!!

Bazal

Post Whore
The second chance is far more valuable than "oh we have to play the Storm in Melbourne"...fmd

You get a second chance for finishing third too fmd.

It's out of our control anyway (and we still have to beat Souffs) but I reckon anyone who would prefer to go to Melbourne than go to the SFS has a skull full of manure

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
You get a second chance for finishing third too fmd.

It's out of our control anyway (and we still have to beat Souffs) but I reckon anyone who would prefer to go to Melbourne than go to the SFS has a skull full of manure

Yeah guarantees two finals in sydney playing the roosters at SFS.

There will be more than likely 20k parra fans at sfs compared to the roosters 12k.

T.S Quint

Coach
Of course!!

However, the Storm were even money or hot favourites in their last final games in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016 (3 were in Melbourne), they choked each time (yeah last year probably wasn't a choke but look at the other 3 finals).

Storm do know how to f**k up a finals match !!!

They also know how to win plenty of them too.
I guess you are able to have both when you get to play so many Finals games.

Bazal

Post Whore
Top four looking good and third is a real possibility...a desperate Cowboys side playing a Broncos side that's got a history of losing big games to the Cowboys and who will be scratching their heads a bit after Thursday, Souths with absolutely nothing to play for and off the back of a real belting and all we need is to win by any margin to guarantee fourth...

Obviously the Broncos/Cows result is out of our hands but if we can't get up for this game the boys should be beaten with hoses.