What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spoon is NOT coming to us

pantherz9103

First Grade
We've had no luck all year and the Knights miraculous win against a pea hearted Tigers team and our narrow loss tonight was just typical of our luckless season. We have played alot of ordinary footy but we are not the least competitive team in the comp. We just won the fewest games. Its all about winning and losing unfortunately.

pantherz9103

First Grade
David Puddy said:
lol @ Panthers. Over the past few weeks they've been trying to be something they're not. Best reality check you could ask for. Enjoy the spoon.

The spooners may be only 6 points shy of the top 8. Shows you how close the comp is.

Rich102

Staff member
pantherz9103 said:
We've had no luck all year and the Knights miraculous win against a pea hearted Tigers team and our narrow loss tonight was just typical of our luckless season. We have played alot of ordinary footy but we are not the least competitive team in the comp. We just won the fewest games. Its all about winning and losing unfortunately.

Er. How exactly would you define the least competitive team? The one who won the most games?:roll: :roll:

brandell

Juniors
Rich102 said:
Er. How exactly would you define the least competitive team? The one who won the most games?:roll: :roll:

I think he is talking about competing in games dickhead....For instance our F/A is only negative 68 indicating that we probably lost alot of close games this season. However if you look at Newcastle with negative -290 that would tell you that they would have been on the end of some massive losses...

The panthers are unlucky...But they also deserve the spoon...

Rich102

Staff member
brandell said:
I think he is talking about competing in games dickhead....For instance our F/A is only negative 68 indicating that we probably lost alot of close games this season. However if you look at Newcastle with negative -290 that would tell you that they would have been on the end of some massive losses...

Name calling is the first resort of the intellectually challenged who lack a credible argument.

However, if it pleases you that you lost more games by a narrower margin, be happy!

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Best thing for the Panthers and the game in general is ditching the bad publicity machine that is Gower.

*Sandy*

First Grade
brandell said:

I agree.

Even if we had won, we would have still came last without a wooden kitchen utensil.

Ironic that Matt Adamson leaves with a wooden spoon and comes back with one. ;-)

He's lucky the poor interchange bloke didnt stand up and floor him. If I was a bloke I think I would have.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I feel like i jinxed the team at the moment.
It feels so bad having the spoon..now I know how souths fans feel.

Fibroman

First Grade
Lol at all the tossers that have trolled in this thread. Actually...I shouldn't refer to you as tossers, as name calling is a little bit childish. I will arrange a sum of cash to pass to the right person and find out where you all live, and come around with a horses head. Lol.

Ps. Penrith didn't deserve the spoon at all. We got ripped hard by the officials this year. We would have finished in the top 8 if they gave us a fair go.

mxlegend99

Referee
Penrith beat the Sea Eagles, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Souths and Broncos, all of which are sitting in the top 8. And we're also the team responsible for stopping the Roosters making the top 8. We were far from being the worst team... but we do deserve the spoon for failing to be consistant... and losing too many close games. Although on that note, many of those close games were lost due to extremely poor referee performances.

We may have lost the most games this season, but we aren't close to being the worst.
We have a better for and against then the third place Cowboys. We have beaten and/or matched nearly every team sitting in the top 8.

We severely underachieved this year... and we were our own worst enemy. While we were robbed from time to time, we crumbled when the pressure was on and our defence slipped and our penalty rates went through the roof. Made silly errors that cost us games where we were by far the better team.

First grade was extremely dissapointing this year. On the other hand, we did brilliantly in the junior ranks considering we had so many of them playing first grade this year.

Jersey Flegg and Premier League had to cope without the likes of Jarrod Sammut, Geoff Daniela, Maurice Blair, Peter Wallace, Keith Peters, Junior Moors, Tim Grant etc. for periods of the year and still remained consistant enough to win the Minor Premiership in Flegg, and finish second in Premer League. We had players changing between Flegg, Premier League and first grade and our junior teams did well to cope with the interference. Our first grade team suffered a number of injuries, which depleted our junior ranks... and they still went on and succeeded.

I'm extremely optimistic for next year. We finished our season off with 3 wins from 5 games, 2 4 point losses to the teams that finished third and fourth on the ladder. And we did it with a team that didn't even remotely resemble the one we started the season off with.

pantherz9103

First Grade
runatme said:
lol@penrith

Some clubs respond to spoons better than others. Here at Penrith we've won a comp, two years after a spoon. Don't underestimate the 'bouncebackability' of the black attack :p

BxTom

Bench
Well the spoon is stirring emotions right now, but let's hope that the memory of getting the spoon will cause a stir amongst the players next year and result in some stirring victories! And now after that terrible effort I am going crawl back into my hole and deny I ever posted this:sarcasm:

Cheers,
anonomous...

Latest posts