What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Title is Bennett is a myth. Yet he's a good coach? confused.
He is great at rep level because that is largely a motivational role.

He was successful guiding a few champion teams to premierships.

But he hasn't had much success in recent years except a grand final win over Melbourne where they were robbed.

Very poor finals record in recent seasons.

Make of 09 what you will.

I don't think he is the god this forum would like to think he is.

The cows turned him down for Henry.

andrew057

First Grade
Dont think the spine is good enough for a premiership.

1. Boyd - Solid at the back, but struggles at times to create like the elite fullbacks can.
6. Soward - Very good season, things didnt pan out in the end.
7. Hornby - Is a great player, but nothing more than an average half. Does alot of really good things on the field, but lumps too much pressure on Soward.
9. Young - Terrible hooker.

greeny12

Juniors
For everyone wanting to stick the boot in me.

Does Bennett win a comp at the Dragons? If so when?

Mate, i can understand you're upset. BUT you cannot honestly say that this year has been a failure??.. and then go to blame it on Bennett. What did you expect, to be handed the trophy back to back 3 times in a row??

Just a SLIGHT over reaction.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
The most consistent year we have had since the merger. Played brilliantly all season until the last month. Its his first year. If he could do what he did in one off-season imagine what he could do with a second.

You're a tool.

Address the issues but you can't do that so post emotions.

The only "issue" here is your apparent inability to cope with a loss.

Did you expect us to win the premiership? I didn't. Nor did most of the guys I kick about with. We didn't have the attack for it and this was recognised by us a long time ago.

We were consistent, hard working and well organized in defence. We were able to score tries off opposition mistakes and grind out victories on the back of Soward's kicking. Simple stuff, it's a simple enough game after all. Though this is not something I've ever seen a St George team able do in my lifetime.

We had a great season and clearly there's a new team ethic. All of Bennett's signings have worked out, the least impressive being Boyd who was nonetheless solid.

Honestly we can cut you some slack if you're like 14 or something, but if you're one of those 36 year old Saints supporters that still reacts to every loss like a little bitch then you should give it away.

So the Sharks are the juanfarkalls, does that make you the merged juanfarkalls?

How shall we distinguish our identities? Could be a problem in the future

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
The only "issue" here is your apparent inability to cope with a loss.

Did you expect us to win the premiership? I didn't. Nor did most of the guys I kick about with. We didn't have the attack for it and this was recognised by us a long time ago.

We were consistent, hard working and well organized in defence. We were able to score tries off opposition mistakes and grind out victories on the back of Soward's kicking. Simple stuff, it's a simple enough game after all. Though this is not something I've ever seen a St George team able do in my lifetime.

We had a great season and clearly there's a new team ethic. All of Bennett's signings have worked out, the least impressive being Boyd who was nonetheless solid.

Honestly we can cut you some slack if you're like 14 or something, but if you're one of those 36 year old Saints supporters that still reacts to every loss like a little bitch then you should give it away.
No I didn't expect to win the comp. Coming into this game I thought we should take it but Melbourne would pump us next week. After last week I rated Melbourne almost unbeatable. They win the comp this year.

I was very disappointed by the lack of creativity in the forwards. I was dissapointed with our poor attitude. I was disappointed with Bennett insisting the season was a sucess regardless of tonights result.

I could always cop us making poor mistakes trying to play attacking football in the past. I really don't think we had a chance in either game after conceding early points and the game flow was established. We look flat.

I am very disappointed with our finals performance because I know we are going backwards from here. You won't hear me complain next season because I will expect it. I can see the Storm ahead and we're in for some tough times.

BTW Costigan is horrible. Lead hands and struggles laterally in defense. Priddis was a disaster. Boyd is allergic to the tryline.

Not all bad. Weyman and Smith have been impressive.

I sound like I can't cop with a loss? I don't want to cope with another 5 years of negative, unimaginative crap but I guess I'm going to have to. Last word on the topic.

Last edited:

greeny12

Juniors
I don't agree, I think we will take a lot out of this season... and only get better from here. I think we'll be contenders.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Negative coach with an out of control ego. Might be a good motivator but he is a horrible tactician. Over the past 2 weeks his media comments and gameplan have been disgraceful.

I wish we had signed Anderson over him. Not that we would have won the comp but we would have tried to play some attacking football. That was disgraceful tonight.

We have a 2 man backline. Morris and Soward are class but the rest are not worth a zack. Show them all the door with the exception of Scott who is a good 2nd rower but isn't a centers asshole.

The forwards didn't even look like they wanted to create 2nd phase play even after last week. The penalty goal attempt? f**k me.

We have no heart whatsoever and are lacking in skill. I am not excited about next season as we looked like exactly like Cronulla did in 2008. Up sh*t creek. If a bunch of useless merkins like Canterbury win the comp I'll go f**king postal.

I just hope Bennett is not given a pass. He should be held accountable for the moments f**k up that was the 2009 finals series. He aint god that's for sure.

Is this "Who's your Daddy" for real. Benny will do us as a coach at the Dragons.He needs to add the right personal in some positions. Maybe the Daddy can carry the oranges and clean up the sheds. I dont think he is capable of any thing else.

GO you Dragons.

Cheers LANCELOT.

Gaba

First Grade
I had Anderson for head coach 2009 in my sig for almost a year.

Daniel Anderson was lucky the eels had the draw they did, any teams would have made the finals (including souths) wiht the draw the eels had. storm after the state or origin, bulldogs,sharks,warriors,out of form knights,tigers,panthers

Eeels had luck thier way to beat the dragons in week 1 they had decisions going thier way

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Daniel Anderson was lucky the eels had the draw they did, any teams would have made the finals (including souths) wiht the draw the eels had. storm after the state or origin, bulldogs,sharks,warriors,out of form knights,tigers,panthers

Eeels had luck thier way to beat the dragons in week 1 they had decisions going thier way

As an eels supporter, I wasn't going to post anything, until I read this sh*t.

3000 odd posts, and still waiting to read a decent one from you. I don't mind most dragon supporters, but you my friend, you take the cake.

At least your posts are consistent. You follow a terrible post, with a horrible post.

Give credit where credit is due. The eels have done an amazing job, to get where they are. Saying the luck of the draw helped them is ludicrous.

I don't need to remind you, that only last week, the eels outplayed, outclassed and outsmarted your beloved dragons at OKI. The dragons never looked to be in the match.

Maybe Bennett can learn a thing about Anderson, and the way he coaches. I don't want to upset to many Dragon supporters here, but they do play a boring brand of football....to conservative.

That style of play will win you the minor premiership, but come semi final time, all teams will have there measure.

I don't know how far the eels will go, but I can say one thing. They are one of the most attractive and flamboyant sides to watch...and not to many will argue with me.

BTW Gab, give yourself a triple uppercut....you deserve it for the laughs you have created.

grandorient

Bench
Daddy,

I didn't realise you were a Saints supporter, must be taking too much Zoloft.

Andrew057, I think you may have hit the nail right on the head, our spine simply wasn't good enough. I too admire Young, Hornby and Boyd, but none are game breakers or for that matter,in the top half of players in those positions.

However, you can't really blame them and you certainly can't blame the coach for not giving a 100% effort.

Analysis down the track will give a clearer indication of our downfall, analysis when everyone has clearer minds.

I for one, and I know I can speak on behalf of many if not the majority of Saints fans, will follow the mighty Dragons year after year, despite their form, good or poor.

GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts