What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelers82

Juniors
yess welcome back,all this talk of suburban grounds is rubbish they are dead,if we want our dragons to survive we must leave kograh and put the money into win stadium.win averages better crowds,is a better and safer place to take the family and with the new western stand and hopefully an eastern stand will be one of the best grounds to attend.it constantly bugs me seeing that guy/girl at dragons games with the R2K sign... what gives?? also the the GST sign (great st george team). fair dinkum mate is that the best u can do??? do u ever see a Steelers fan with any dodgy signs like these?? if so please feel free to let me know.a small insight into st george supporters intelligence a few years ago i attended a STEELERS home game against st george the section of the crowd where i was booed because st george was off side,next thing u know we are being rained on with full cans of beer!! needless to say we drank them and then kindly returned the empties.anyway to all u R2K and Gst mobs lets see how your st george team would stand up without our STEELERS players...no cooper,hornby,b.morris,j.morris,creagh,young,ryles,poore and not to mention the vast majority of players we have supplied since '99 season. thats all 4 now look foward to responses prove me wrong if u will :x

dimitri

First Grade
Now Now! No Fighting!

I have been to Win and it's not that Great at all.

Kogarah has an amazing charachter about it!

As soon as you walk in you can feel it.

There are now more entry and exit points! Better facilities and you still get the historic hill, scoreboard etc!

There is a huge amount of street parking and Carlton Station is a 5 min walk!

steelers82

Juniors
wollongong station is a 10 min walk from win and as for parking at kograh u must be joking?? even the local residents didnt want it re-developed because in part the parking caos on game day

Drew-Sta

Staff member
* Kogarah has averaged better crowds than WIN since we returned.
* St George Leagues Club finances the Steelers Leagues Club, as well as all the junior development in your area. The players we have recieved out of your 'area' are the result of the money, time and development poured into the Illawarra region.
* Amusingly, the juniors we have produced have been of higher quality since the merger than when you were standing alone. Testament to the administration difference.
* R2K stands for more than just returning to Kogarah; It's about the betterment of St George Leagues club, the improvement of the Football club and allowing an equal share of localities.
* You contradict yourself by stating suburban grounds are dead when in fact WIN stadium is just a glorified suburban ground. Well done on that count.
* The GST sign predates the merger, so your claims are not just invalidated but unfounded about the signs.
* The reasons I don't see any Steelers fans holding up dodgey signs is they don't go to games. The rare occasions I've been down to WIN stadium and watched the game has seen the 'Steel Curtain' also holding up anti-Saints signs, albeit only one or two because frankly most of the supporters down there have embraced St George Illawarra.
* Not to mention the signs I see down there, these two idiots have created YouTube video's about reinstating the Illawarra Steelers, and have gone so far as to start fights with the Dragon Army.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAnFkx0DNVQ
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7NPEvFoR4&feature=related

People in glass houses...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This old chestnut.

steeler82...

For every one of your 'points', there will be a counter point.
For every one of your embellishments, you will be laughed at.
For every one of your lies, you will be exposed.

Wollongong already gets a lion's share of home games. If that doesn't make you happy, nothing will.

steelers82

Juniors
where do your stats on crowds come from?? i do not condone any violence at games but will look at your sites u have given me. ihave supported the dragons as well but frankly i am sick of the st george is better attitude displayed by some of the fans and the destablisation tactics they have displayed.thanks

steelers82

Juniors
where do your stats on crowds come from?? i do not condone any violence at games but will look at your sites u have given me. ihave supported the dragons as well but frankly i am sick of the st george is better attitude displayed by some of the fans and the destablisation tactics they have displayed.thanks for your feed back

steelers82

Juniors
well willow expose my lies as u say,prove me wrong dont just throw out empty cliches'.the biggest chestnut of all is a st george supporter bringing up how many grand finals they have one

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Oki

11,958 01/07/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Sea Eagles
12,455 11/06/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Sharks
10,302 01/06/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Broncos
9,057 04/05/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Panthers
9,011 14/04/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Storm
12,326 23/03/07Rugby League NRL: Dragons v Knights
14,211 20/08/06 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Wests Tigers
13,866 30/07/06 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Storm
18,223 14/07/06 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Bulldogs
13,126 09/07/06 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Rabbitohs

Total - 111,399 (Disregards the 13,126 for the Saints Rabbits game, otherwise total is 124,535)

WIN

11,639 12/04/08 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Cowboys
10,521 24/03/08 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Titans
13,488 27/08/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Eels
18,382 11/08/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Rabbitohs
19,051 28/07/07Rugby League NRL: Dragons v Bulldogs
7,561 08/07/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Raiders
12,085 18/05/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Titans
10,282 31/03/07 Rugby LeagueNRL: Dragons v Cowboys
6,37224/02/07Rugby LeagueNRL Pre-Season: STG v BUL

Total - 109,381

Given your claim, and that the 'Gong only has ONE NRL team within the area, and Kogarah has another 8 clubs to compete with that are in a closer proximity, the fact we still draw such crowds is testament to how much people love Kogarah.

Red Bear

Referee
* Kogarah has averaged better crowds than WIN since we returned.
* St George Leagues Club finances the Steelers Leagues Club, as well as all the junior development in your area. The players we have recieved out of your 'area' are the result of the money, time and development poured into the Illawarra region.
* Amusingly, the juniors we have produced have been of higher quality since the merger than when you were standing alone. Testament to the administration difference.
* R2K stands for more than just returning to Kogarah; It's about the betterment of St George Leagues club, the improvement of the Football club and allowing an equal share of localities.
* You contradict yourself by stating suburban grounds are dead when in fact WIN stadium is just a glorified suburban ground. Well done on that count.
* The GST sign predates the merger, so your claims are not just invalidated but unfounded about the signs.
* The reasons I don't see any Steelers fans holding up dodgey signs is they don't go to games. The rare occasions I've been down to WIN stadium and watched the game has seen the 'Steel Curtain' also holding up anti-Saints signs, albeit only one or two because frankly most of the supporters down there have embraced St George Illawarra.
* Not to mention the signs I see down there, these two idiots have created YouTube video's about reinstating the Illawarra Steelers, and have gone so far as to start fights with the Dragon Army.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAnFkx0DNVQ
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7NPEvFoR4&feature=related

People in glass houses...
Lol, i play cricket with those guys. Their show is a general pisstake on the community TV station in sydney, TVS or whatever. I wouldnt worry about it

Drew-Sta

Staff member
well willow expose my lies as u say,prove me wrong dont just throw out empty cliches'.the biggest chestnut of all is a st george supporter bringing up how many grand finals they have one

And yet your junior base rendered you with only two finals apperances and zero GF's, whereas we only missed since your inclusion to the competition the finals 6 times and made 4 GF appearances.

Shut your mouth before you make yourself look a greater fool than you are already.

The Preacher

First Grade
Well, I've had season tickets to both, and I don't mind Win. St.George are paying the freight for "your" juniors, and club, and everything else.
I don't normally speak ill of Dragons supporters, but why don't you f**k OFF and just go to the Win games and be happy there. PRATT !!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
yess welcome back,all this talk of suburban grounds is rubbish they are dead,
Facts prove you wrong.

In your opinion, which are those grounds which you think are not suburban grounds?

Please list them for all to see.

steelers82 said:
if we want our dragons to survive we must leave kograh and put the money into win stadium.
Money has already being put into WIN Stadium, by governments, the Wollongong Trust, WIN Corp and St George.

Do you understand that governments put in most and therefore ultimately decide on where most of the money on recreational grounds goes?

steelers82 said:
win averages better crowds,
Two seasons out of the last five. Since 2003, Kogarah has recorded more larger seasonal averages.

steelers82 said:
is a better and safer place to take the family and with the new western stand and hopefully an eastern stand will be one of the best grounds to attend.
Are you trying to say that Kogarah isn't safe? I have been taking my kids and other family members to Kogarah for years, and have never felt threatened. You're just trying on a smear job now.

steelers82 said:
it constantly bugs me seeing that guy/girl at dragons games with the R2K sign... what gives??
Its called free speech.
steelers82 said:
also the the GST sign (great st george team).
He is described as an ornament to the club and the game. He buys tons of Dragons merchandise and goes to every Saints game, wherever they play. He's been around for years and you'd have to go a long way to find a more committed supporter.

You obviously support a different team, otherwise he wouldn't seem new to you.

steelers82 said:
fair dinkum mate is that the best u can do??? do u ever see a Steelers fan with any dodgy signs like these??
Yep, the Steel Curtain fella springs to mind. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that we saw a few similar banners.
steelers82 said:
if so please feel free to let me know.
I just did.
steelers82 said:
a small insight into st george supporters intelligence a few years ago i attended a STEELERS home game against st george the section of the crowd where i was booed because st george was off side,next thing u know we are being rained on with full cans of beer!!needless to say we drank them and then kindly returned the empties.
LOL! My hero!

That story you told is one straight out of spinning yarns. You really should make up your own anecdotes rather than stealing them from others.

steelers82 said:
anyway to all u R2K and Gst mobs lets see how your st george team would stand up without our STEELERS players...no cooper,hornby,b.morris,j.morris,creagh,young,ryles,poore and not to mention the vast majority of players we have supplied since '99 season. thats all 4 now look foward to responses prove me wrong if u will :x
They play for the Dragons. Which team do you support?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I have supported the dragons as well but frankly i am sick of the st george is better attitude displayed by some of the fans and the destablisation tactics they have displayed.thanks for your feed back

Two things:

You're dealing with a proud club that has existed for over 70 years and produced the highest consecutive premiership wins in a row in world sporting history. Your existance in the game is a grain of sand compared to the influence of Saints.

Your claim of 'destabilisation is rediculous. Posts like yours do more to destablilise the club. R2K is seeking improvement in club; Not destabilisation - GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

steelers82

Juniors
anyone that still lives in hope for newtown is a greater fool than i and with out checking your numbers i will stand corrected but as u say if kograh is so good why is the crowd difference only 2000 odd people

stg666

Juniors
give it a rest steeler. without st george the steelers would be gone. enjoy it while you can 'cause who knows what will happen in the future.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
anyone that still lives in hope for newtown
And you said this... why?
steelers82 said:
is a greater fool than i
Well you're halfway there. They say admitting one's faults is the first step.
steelers82 said:
with out checking your numbers i will stand corrected but as u say if kograh is so good why is the crowd difference only 2000 odd people
What does the difference matter?

The numbers are correct, you were wrong. You invited others to disprove your ramblings, and it was done. No need to thank us.

Cooper-Man

Bench
Steelerdick, if you think the GST sign is sh*t, why did you ass holes dressing in gorilla outfits make one up for yourselves. (great steelers team). The reason why none of us like going to WIN is because of your group, the drunk f**kwits that scream steelers everytime we chant for OUR TEAM. Your group were not even old enough when we merged to remember the Illawarra steelers. And to top that off, all you can say is you supply us with the players. Yeah thats good and proper, but i dont remember any of them owning a premiership ring. The only time we made a grandfinal as a merged entity was 99. I clearly remember the majority of the team being St George players. At least we have accepted the Illawarra based players. We dont see it as them verses the St George. Dont forget you dope. If we de merge. St George will be the only team to stay standing out of the two.

As for putting money into WIN stadium. What a stupid comment to say. That shows how immature you are. When we play at Oki, we dont pay rent and we get all the Gate and food and beverages money generated at games. If we get 10k at oki we make more money than a full house at WIN. Tell me the better option for the survival of our team.:D

drake

First Grade
yess welcome back,all this talk of suburban grounds is rubbish they are dead,if we want our dragons to survive we must leave kograh and put the money into win stadium.win averages better crowds,is a better and safer place to take the family and with the new western stand and hopefully an eastern stand will be one of the best grounds to attend.it constantly bugs me seeing that guy/girl at dragons games with the R2K sign... what gives?? also the the GST sign (great st george team). fair dinkum mate is that the best u can do??? do u ever see a Steelers fan with any dodgy signs like these?? if so please feel free to let me know.a small insight into st george supporters intelligence a few years ago i attended a STEELERS home game against st george the section of the crowd where i was booed because st george was off side,next thing u know we are being rained on with full cans of beer!! needless to say we drank them and then kindly returned the empties.anyway to all u R2K and Gst mobs lets see how your st george team would stand up without our STEELERS players...no cooper,hornby,b.morris,j.morris,creagh,young,ryles,poore and not to mention the vast majority of players we have supplied since '99 season. thats all 4 now look foward to responses prove me wrong if u will :x
Illawarrans attack you with a wall of text.

Look, the local juniors are handy, but seriously, where have they gotten us? Last time we won a premiership, we were St George, and still got those quality Illawarra players.
What about the Stewart brothers at manly; both illawarra juniors, both never played for the Illawarra in grade. There are plenty of Illawarra and South Coast players running around, poached by other clubs. What would stop St George from doing so?

Why wouldn't we be better doing what the Chooks, Melbourne, Manly etc do? Success doesn't depend on juniors, but good management, coaching and recruiting.

I lived in Shellharbour for 7 years, and the amount of apathy or hatred towards the Dragons was huge. Most blokes my age already had a team when the Sheila's (their word, not mine) joined the comp. They didn't hate the Steelers, but most blokes I know didn't give a rats arse about them.
They hated the Dragons from when we were St george, and never got behind them. A major portion of the blokes I knew from the season ticket area in the Western Grandstand were from Sydney, as were the blokes on the hill. The Illawarrans seemed to prefer the cheap arse seats in the southern and northern ends.

My opinion; f**k WIN. Let the Illawarrans show they want a football club by going to games and supporting their team.
I know there are some Illawarran's who are fired up for the Dragons, and i welcome and embrace them.
But compared to an area like Newcastle, Illawarra could not give a sh*t about having an NRL team.

The Preacher

First Grade
I think this steelers82 is about 12yrs old. Certainly comes across that way. Pity to see one so young write so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts