What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of the old heads in this team need to go. Ben Hornby and Matt Cooper are prime examples. They carry the burden of the past and know deep down that Brisbane were always going to win. After that Parra loss it was in the back of his head (hear we go again) Once Brisbane get a roll on, these guys worry, and by then its catch up footy. I have been to enough games to see the reaction after a loss, especially after an eels or bulldogs loss. Unfortunately I hope his disease does not spread throught to our new recruits - I hope it is not too late for Jamie Soward - he has had a taste of the Ben Hornby mental fatigue illness.
In saying all of this the team did show promise through out the year, and we will only weed out the negativity through astute player retention and buying. The same heads were on Trent Barrett and Jason Ryles.:roll::sarcasm::crazy:
progress.gif

lynx000

Juniors
Hmmm, some of you St George supporters like to eat your own. What a harsh assessment on Benny's coaching this year. Far be it from me to defend an opposition coach, but the facts are:-
1. For eighteen seasons in a row he has got his team into the finals (show me another coach with those credentials);
2. He has won six titles;
3. He took your team to the minor premiership in his first year as coach despite that team having lost a number of huge names from last year;
4. He developed some of your players from being fringe first graders to being potential rep players and actual rep players and winning Dally M players of the year in their positions (Soward);
5. He did 3. without having a recognised half back.

He will get you guys a premiership and if not, he will produce a side that will be competitive and get into the finals, what more could a supporter ask for. FMD

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I have a great deal of respect for Adam. Good bloke... but he has primal urges. I have them too, but I generally keep them out of public view.

saintzrule

Juniors
As an eels supporter, I wasn't going to post anything, until I read this sh*t.

3000 odd posts, and still waiting to read a decent one from you. I don't mind most dragon supporters, but you my friend, you take the cake.

At least your posts are consistent. You follow a terrible post, with a horrible post.

Give credit where credit is due. The eels have done an amazing job, to get where they are. Saying the luck of the draw helped them is ludicrous.

I don't need to remind you, that only last week, the eels outplayed, outclassed and outsmarted your beloved dragons at OKI. The dragons never looked to be in the match.

Maybe Bennett can learn a thing about Anderson, and the way he coaches. I don't want to upset to many Dragon supporters here, but they do play a boring brand of football....to conservative.

That style of play will win you the minor premiership, but come semi final time, all teams will have there measure.

I don't know how far the eels will go, but I can say one thing. They are one of the most attractive and flamboyant sides to watch...and not to many will argue with me.

BTW Gab, give yourself a triple uppercut....you deserve it for the laughs you have created.
Thats TOO, go back to second grade you tool . Flamboyant? Boy, you are really getting ahead of yourselves.WE HAVE TWO TROPHIES FOR THE SEASON, YOU HAVE , HOW MANY?

saintzrule

Juniors
Your a KNOB. Bennett never promised a premiership. He promised to harden them the f**k up and also consistancy. That........he delivered. Next year you will see a different dragons. THey have experienced a year of learning and it will make them twice as strong next year.

Im proud of the team and their achievments and this has to be one of the better years I have had in ages.

People like you should f**k OFF because the bagging of players and coaches era left when brown and ryles left. We as saints supporters must learn to stop bagging our coach and players because past players have used it against us.

Move on you tosser.:x
Well said, champ

saintzrule

Juniors
No hes not God...........so stop expecting miracles. He is a bloody good coach though. All season the dragon supporters are praising "hail King Benny" the premiership was yours,think you even had tshirts made didnt you? Now its Bennets a loser,cant coach..........Talk about counting your chickens. Imagine the sort of pressure the players had to put up with. sh*t happens deal with it!
No chickens got counted, we just revelled in a good ride!

IFR33K

Coach
Thats TOO, go back to second grade you tool . Flamboyant? Boy, you are really getting ahead of yourselves.WE HAVE TWO TROPHIES FOR THE SEASON, YOU HAVE , HOW MANY?

Stick the two trophy's up your CHOKING asshole.

The dragons played one out style of football, admit that. Good enough to win the minor premiership, but unfortunately, not good enough to win a semi.

So go back and crawl into the St Merge cave you came out of.

Cooper-Man

Bench

The dragons played one out style of football, admit that. Good enough to win the minor premiership, but unfortunately, not good enough to win a semi.

Thanks mate. Nice to see all the eels supporters come out after they win a couple of games. Where were you earlier in the year. I bet your not even a season ticket holder.

P.S Go f**k your neighbours dad.

IFR33K

Coach
Thanks mate. Nice to see all the eels supporters come out after they win a couple of games. Where were you earlier in the year. I bet your not even a season ticket holder.

P.S Go f**k your neighbours dad.

Sorry Peter, didn't mean to step on any one toes, came on here and made a valid post in response to Gaba stupid's comments, then Saintzrules started bragging about having 2 trophy's in the cupboard. Couldn't help myself.

Dont want to upset anyone either, but some supporters are f**ked.

gregstar

Referee

a one out style of football?

how did our winger top the try-scoring list?

IFR33K

Coach

Good luck to you, and your 2 trophy's, just remember at this stage, the eels are still in the race.

BTW, apparently cricket is a good game to watch....give it a go.

adamkungl

Immortal
i feel sorry for poor adam.

his hatred for us overshadows his love for his own team.

common misconception actually.

I just feel it would be inappropriate to cheer on my time during their end of season drinkings, it would probably just end badly.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wish Gasnier stayed for use and NRL-For me he was the best centre i have seen seince i have watched footy say 89....People who would say ah he not that good im like man.A guy like that is your X factor-He would of scored or set up tries that cooper couldnt-I think against brisbane use where only a try away from toppling them and if got to 12 all i think could of smahed them-But panic set it

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Bennett is not a myth

But a Dragon - now there is a mythical character - it exists in stories, but nobody has seen one in real lfe.

So hence St. GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS PREMIERS is also a myth - it is a story that is told, but nobody has or probably ever will see it in reality,

And they all lived happily ever after.

The end.

Anna Bolic

Juniors
Bennet's hardly a myth....he averages one GF lap of honour out of every 3-4 seasons he's been coaching.

Saying that, I think his decision to take the 2 points was poor....but it didn't cost us the game. The total disregard for ball security, our poor 5th tackle options, and our forwards inability to get over the advantage line ( other than Weyman ) were the reasons (IMO) we lost that game. Bennett's not to blame for any of that.

We do play a "boring, methodical" brand of football (it reminds me of the Bulldogs coached by Warren Ryan in the 80's ). What choice do we have though, Bennett doesn't have the legacy of a backline like Renouf, Miles, Carney, Lockie, Hanckock, Langer anymore.

Coaches get too much credit when the teams win, and cop too much of the blame when they lose.

Overall, I thought we had a great season. I certainly enjoyed this year, and I'm really looking forward to next year. At least now we have something to build on, and i bet most of us will go into the start of next season with a lot more confidence than we started this year off with.

big pat

Coach
Negative coach with an out of control ego. Might be a good motivator but he is a horrible tactician. Over the past 2 weeks his media comments and gameplan have been disgraceful.

I wish we had signed Anderson over him. Not that we would have won the comp but we would have tried to play some attacking football. That was disgraceful tonight.

We have a 2 man backline. Morris and Soward are class but the rest are not worth a zack. Show them all the door with the exception of Scott who is a good 2nd rower but isn't a centers asshole.

The forwards didn't even look like they wanted to create 2nd phase play even after last week. The penalty goal attempt? f**k me.

We have no heart whatsoever and are lacking in skill. I am not excited about next season as we looked like exactly like Cronulla did in 2008. Up sh*t creek. If a bunch of useless merkins like Canterbury win the comp I'll go f**king postal.

I just hope Bennett is not given a pass. He should be held accountable for the moments f**k up that was the 2009 finals series. He aint god that's for sure.

you need to get over yourself, if you can't accept a loss then your in a bad frame of mind, and writing idiotic threads like this, so dickhead trolls can come in here and laugh at us, doesn't show you to be very intelligent, and also putting saints fans down for having a different opinion to you is also childish, if you don't like it here go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts