What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
take this with a grain of salt, but someone on another forum claimed they work at a sports store and the Dragons 09 Premiership shirts were indeed available for order...

vista

Juniors
The issue here is clearly not bennett. He only played to our strengths. until we push hornby to fullback and get a decent halfback and hooker we won't win the comp. fien is a waste. Remember, we were never a team of individuals - we don't have that 'X' factor

Willow

Assistant Moderator
take this with a grain of salt, but someone on another forum claimed they work at a sports store and the Dragons 09 Premiership shirts were indeed available for order...

A child will usually believe their parent's explanations without question.

To make someone believe a lie, you only have to make it sound slightly plausible, and select a subject that you know enough people will want to believe. In some cases, you don't even have to say the lie, you only need to put the seed in the mind of the recipient.

With the 'Dragons Premiership T-Shirt' tale, it was hatched after a writer grabbed a small portion of gossip.

Their source? It was none other than 'an NRL insider'.

They added an artist's impression of a shirt, put together by caricaturist Scott 'Boo' Bailey, featuring coach Wayne Bennett winking at the viewer.

The storyteller then bemoaned: "This is the ultimate arrogrance!"

The seed had been planted.

By the time the story was done, a gullible readership were convinced that the t-shirts had been ordered and were stashed away somewhere. Some even 'recall' seeing photos of Dragons CEO Peter Doust waving a t-shirt about in front of the media. An image entirely manufactured by an over zealous imagination - this is because in the minds of children, they want to believe.

As we know, no t-shirts were ever ordered or made. In a club media release, the Dragons announced: "Contrary to certain assertions today, Grand Final T-shirts have never been discussed or ordered, such a product is managed by the NRL and their licensees."

The problem with sticking to the facts is that it just isn't controversial enough.

That, and there's a sucker born every minute.

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
Negative coach with an out of control ego. Might be a good motivator but he is a horrible tactician. Over the past 2 weeks his media comments and gameplan have been disgraceful.

I wish we had signed Anderson over him. Not that we would have won the comp but we would have tried to play some attacking football. That was disgraceful tonight.

We have a 2 man backline. Morris and Soward are class but the rest are not worth a zack. Show them all the door with the exception of Scott who is a good 2nd rower but isn't a centers asshole.

The forwards didn't even look like they wanted to create 2nd phase play even after last week. The penalty goal attempt? f**k me.

We have no heart whatsoever and are lacking in skill. I am not excited about next season as we looked like exactly like Cronulla did in 2008. Up sh*t creek. If a bunch of useless merkins like Canterbury win the comp I'll go f**king postal.

I just hope Bennett is not given a pass. He should be held accountable for the moments f**k up that was the 2009 finals series. He aint god that's for sure.

Matt Cooper is the best back you guys have. Morris is good, but without Cooper feeding him the quality of ball he is getting he would be struggling like the other side of the field.

The honeymoon is over. Now we will see what kind of coach bennett is for the first time in 20 years.

it was a preorder for every team in the finals my cousin works for a sports store too and i have put an order in for some Eels 09 premiership shirts but they won't be made unless they win the comp

STG-Dragon

Juniors
The issue here is clearly not bennett. He only played to our strengths. until we push hornby to fullback and get a decent halfback and hooker we won't win the comp. fien is a waste. Remember, we were never a team of individuals - we don't have that 'X' factor

Hornby at fullback :crazy:he is to slow! We need pace and try scoring ability there.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
it was a preorder for every team in the finals my cousin works for a sports store too and i have put an order in for some Eels 09 premiership shirts but they won't be made unless they win the comp
Shhh... someone will say bad things about you for harbouring such thoughts.

Arrogance or heresy... depending on one's level of moral outrage.

andorian99

Juniors
To the fairies known as the St George Illawarra Dragons

](*,):twisted:](*,):twisted:

I have followed you LOYALLY for 30 years since 1979 when I was 7 years old. I still recall as a child collecting the old Scanlens cards and had all the saints ones. I remember worshiping Craig Young, Steve Morris, Rod Reddy, The Hulk, Rob Stone, Perry Haddock and Craig Johnson. From about that time my dad would take me many games. In 1985 I went to every game right up to that awful loss at the SCG to the Bulldogs. After that day I had to have 2 days off school cos I was so fn upset! In those years I was part of the Army, i had my jersey and my GIANT red and white flag that i lugged to every league ground in Sydney and beyond. I remember many great arvos at Kogarah. I remember the Skull and all those other crazy characters. Then came the hard years of the early 90's. Still I went. When I turned 18 I got my membership at the leagues club and renewed it every year until this year - this even when i lived outside the heartland and couldn't get to the club more than once or twice a year. Still i supported you and was a true and good and loyal fan.

But after this year its ends! You are a bunch of useless fairies and LOSERS. What club has put their fans through so much pathetic crap over the years, so much shame, so many choke ups and pussy footed losses like u have? How many finals and grand finals have u had the teams to win but pissed it all against the wall cos ur so weak and useless? Never again - not another second. I don't care what other saints fans think of me but i do know many many that share my sentiment. Good bye St George - and good riddance - i'm walking away for good and glad to be doing so. Stuff you!!!!!!

PS. This may seem radical to some but this is how disgusted I am after 30 years of loyally supporting the Saints:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRFn5fO4S1A

Aleks

I have followed you LOYALLY for 30 years since 1979 when I was 7 years old. I still recall as a child collecting the old Scanlens cards and had all the saints ones. I remember worshiping Craig Young, Steve Morris, Rod Reddy, The Hulk, Rob Stone, Perry Haddock and Craig Johnson. From about that time my dad would take me many games. In 1985 I went to every game right up to that awful loss at the SCG to the Bulldogs. After that day I had to have 2 days off school cos I was so fn upset! In those years I was part of the Army, i had my jersey and my GIANT red and white flag that i lugged to every league ground in Sydney and beyond. I remember many great arvos at Kogarah. I remember the Skull and all those other crazy characters. Then came the hard years of the early 90's. Still I went. When I turned 18 I got my membership at the leagues club and renewed it every year until this year - this even when i lived outside the heartland and couldn't get to the club more than once or twice a year. Still i supported you and was a true and good and loyal fan.

But after this year its ends! You are a bunch of useless fairies and LOSERS. What club has put their fans through so much pathetic crap over the years, so much shame, so many choke ups and pussy footed losses like u have? How many finals and grand finals have u had the teams to win but pissed it all against the wall cos ur so weak and useless? Never again - not another second. I don't care what other saints fans think of me but i do know many many that share my sentiment. Good bye St George - and good riddance - i'm walking away for good and glad to be doing so. Stuff you!!!!!!

PS. This may seem radical to some but this is how disgusted I am after 30 years of loyally supporting the Saints:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRFn5fO4S1A

Aleks

You have the number "99" in your username, that rant could easily have been written by a ten year old.

jargan83

Coach

Weak as piss

This is my first venture into "The Swamp" but I saw this in the main forum and I can;t believe some "supporters" are comming out of the woodwork just to to tell us they don't support the team anymore. Yeah it hurt nowing it out the way we did, I was cranky and my house felt like a morgue (family of 6, all support the mighty Red V), But this is just stupid. The thought of not supporting the Dragons never crossed my mind.

Bring on 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.