What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Big Pete

Referee
I heard the opposite of that ParraDude_Jay however maybe it was one of those opinion things. Apparantly it was a really bad match with Jarratt and Brown stinking it out with Sting being the only highlight.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd be surprised to see Teddy Hart appear in any major promotion.

Some of the BS after match antics he's pulled off have been described as reckless and downright arrogant by his fellow wrestlers. There was an indy show where his team lost in a cage tag match, he got up on top of the cage and started doing moonsaults off the top, the guys had to stop celebrating and catch him. It stole all their heat.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jesus, Pete and ParraDude - where do you hear this? From all reports it was one of the best matches of the night, with no one 'sucking' or being carried. Other matches on the card did indeed suck, but as far as the main event it was quite good.

Ari Gold

Bench
Thanks to Rajah.com

- Spike TV wants TNA to bring in bigger names to add more credibility to their brand. Sources say TNA did not receive the Monday night special earlier this month because of the failure to sign another marquee name.

TNA has reached out to Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and The Rock. It does not appear that Jericho will be signing with the company. The last time the two discussed a contract, Jericho wanted "Sting money", and TNA had no interest in paying him that amount.

Jeff Jarrett is optimistic that Bret Hart will make appearances for TNA.

Jarrett has spoken with The Rock for "product advice", but the two did not discuss him making an appearance. There is a possibility of TNA extending an offer to The Rock, but with The Rock's movie career, it is unlikely that he will sign with them.

thuganomics

Coach
No way will TNA have enough to sign Jericho.

The only one of them I can see making a appernence is Hart, and that's long odds as well.

Misanthrope

Staff member
No way will TNA have enough to sign Jericho.

Why not? He's got friends there in the form of Scott D'Amore and Christian (amongst others), he only requested Sting money (which they could muster, if he was a full time performer), and he's previously hinted at being interested in it.

As for Hart, I can see him appearing, but don't know what it will achieve. If he's a heel member of Team Canada he can't work matches and will basically displace D'Amore. If he's a GM style character I guess it could work.

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
Why not? He's got friends there in the form of Scott D'Amore and Christian (amongst others), he only requested Sting money (which they could muster, if he was a full time performer), and he's previously hinted at being interested in it.

Well, he has also hinted that he will come back to the WWE. I remember reading a interview where he said that WWE kick started the career that he always wanted and his loyalty is with the WWE.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, he has also hinted that he will come back to the WWE. I remember reading a interview where he said that WWE kick started the career that he always wanted and his loyalty is with the WWE.

That's all well and good, but the fact remains that Vince is reluctant to push him these days. He had his run at the top, and if Jericho did return, chances are Vince would be content to continue using him as a jobber to the stars.

thuganomics

Coach
CWBush said:
That's all well and good, but the fact remains that Vince is reluctant to push him these days. He had his run at the top, and if Jericho did return, chances are Vince would be content to continue using him as a jobber to the stars.

He was one of the top dogs before he got 'fired'. Wouldn't be surprised to see him return into a big angle mid-way this year.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
How can TNA justify paying 46 year old Sting huge money for a one year commitment but they won't give Jericho what he's worth? Jericho is twice the worker Sting is, and his name is just as big.

TNA will never contend with WWE while it's being run by Jeff Jarrett and a bunch of monkeys. Jarrett is worse than Triple H with power, and isn't that saying something.

Big Pete

Referee
Sting is a bigger name IMO however you are spot on the money with who is the better wrestler at the moment.

TNA does need stars but also what they need is a bunch of better writers and get Jarratt away from the title.

Misanthrope

Staff member
TNA does need stars but also what they need is a bunch of better writers and get Jarratt away from the title.

I agree on the second point, but not the first. If TNA need new writers, what on earth do the WWE need?

Big Pete

Referee
WWE are already established TNA arn't.

TNA from what I saw (keep in mind this was back when Raven first had this one of a kind match with Sandman or someone in TNA) pulled an ECW in just appealing to a minority and that's just not going to work.

To be fair though I havn't seen much else and really until they get the spotlight off Jarratt than I cannot judge.

However there is just something that I cannot put my finger on that makes TNA feel like a Indy and until they restructure it'll stay that way.

Moffo

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
How can TNA justify paying 46 year old Sting huge money for a one year commitment but they won't give Jericho what he's worth? Jericho is twice the worker Sting is, and his name is just as big.

TNA will never contend with WWE while it's being run by Jeff Jarrett and a bunch of monkeys. Jarrett is worse than Triple H with power, and isn't that saying something.

jericho as big as sting? you have to be joking, no way

Ben

Bench
TNA will probably sign Jericho. Or at least i'm hoping that they will. They've also been mentioning Jericho's name a lot on TNA Impact and Pay Per Views.

Iafeta

Referee
TBPH, and remembering I'm a big Sting fan, I'd have paid Jericho more than Sting.

While Sting was a bigger star five years ago, he's been out of the limelight really since when WCW closed its doors, and Chris Jericho during that time, except for the last 8-9 months or so has risen his stock steeply to being regarded as perhaps in the top 5 all-round wrestlers (charisma/work ability) of this current generation. Sting was undoubtably in that situation too, but 5 years ago, and not at this stage of his career.

ucantseeme

Juniors
how do you guys know so much about (or care about) TNA?

i remember watching it on Fox 8 a year or two back but it has disappeared since then. I'm not aware that it was still on air in Oz.

Misanthrope

Staff member
how do you guys know so much about (or care about) TNA?

It's this wonderous invention called the internet. It gives people access to things from all over the world. ;)

Latest posts