What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Once Dead

Bench
TNA is Rubbish, I've only watched it twice since it came on FOX 8, Its Bloody Crap.
I went to last nights Sydneys WWE Smackdown/ECW show and it was way better then any TNA Show.

I love opinions like this..........goes to show that WWE fans are one eyed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
and i think joe put kaz over quiet well

I agree. If anything, it hurt Joe to be taking so much offence. He's not being booked nearly as strong as he was before he lost his streak.

facedown

Juniors
Kaz is a decent worker, but grossly overrated by TNA marks. He really shouldn't be in the main event scene. Roode and Storm both have more legitimate reasons to be there.

I agree, but Kaz should be getting title shots now and then, not every week, and especially since there not using Roode and Storm at all lately, they should be getting a title shot.

It technically starts this week. The Team Japan vs. MCMG match was just a preview.

Oh ok, well i'll check that match out tonight.

I love opinions like this..........goes to show that WWE fans are one eyed.

WWE Fans don't know REAL wrestling, thats why.

slaytera

Juniors
TNA has just signed a deal with gaming website IGN to air an exclusive weekly show. Awesome news.

Big Pete

Referee
Decided to watch TNA for the first time in a long time to check if I'd been missing out on anything and to tell you the truth, I was kept thoroughly entertained.

Mind you their backstage stuff is still horrible as all hell and the moment they fix it up the better the company will be but everything in the ring for mine was acceptable.

*I think I missed the opening match, if so dayummmm*

Started off with Yashino vs. Doug Williams and I thought it was a great match. I love watching the different styles clashing with the fast moving Jap style taking on the stiff UK style. Enjoyed the finisher even if it was a lil too flashy for logical sense.

Kip James/Petey Williams/Tomko vs. BG James/Eric Young/Matt Morgan became a cluster f**k beyond all repair. To have a six man tornado falls count anywhere match you'd expect it to have some interesting spots but...this is TNA we're talking about. A mediocre brawl where Morgan is too stupid to break up the pin...odd finish to an odd match. Now correct me if I'm wrong TNA fans but are any of these guys competing on PPV? Why the hell would you have them on if not? It's like presenting s**t to the viewer when they could be watching a wholesome episode of a show they may actually enjoy. Never mind this is Professional Wrestling after all! Oh yeah Abyss appears afterwards...*yawn*

Wilde/Kong next was surprisingly a good match with plenty of close finishes through out. An upset win to Wilde! Not sure whether to feel happy or sad for Kong and the whole of TNA in the light of how sh**** Wilde works the mic. Mind you, Kong could probably learn a thing or two from her. Actually reneg that thought, Kong just doesn't need to talk at all.

Guerrero/Kaz next was a great match up but sadly I glanced away and missed the bloody ending! Still probably a match worth checking out on YouTube if you're bored.

Main Event was Angle/Beautiful People vs. Styles/OBD/Kim in a very reasonable match.

All in all, TNA would be a great show! If only they fixed up their backstage segments and made some better decisions storyline wise. Otherwise they could prove to be a much better alternative to the WWE who for mine have been on a bit of a roll lately following the decline of that ghastly Vince's Millions game.

Once Dead

Bench
Decided to watch TNA for the first time in a long time to check if I'd been missing out on anything and to tell you the truth, I was kept thoroughly entertained.

Mind you their backstage stuff is still horrible as all hell and the moment they fix it up the better the company will be but everything in the ring for mine was acceptable.

*I think I missed the opening match, if so dayummmm*

Started off with Yashino vs. Doug Williams and I thought it was a great match. I love watching the different styles clashing with the fast moving Jap style taking on the stiff UK style. Enjoyed the finisher even if it was a lil too flashy for logical sense.

Kip James/Petey Williams/Tomko vs. BG James/Eric Young/Matt Morgan became a cluster f**k beyond all repair. To have a six man tornado falls count anywhere match you'd expect it to have some interesting spots but...this is TNA we're talking about. A mediocre brawl where Morgan is too stupid to break up the pin...odd finish to an odd match. Now correct me if I'm wrong TNA fans but are any of these guys competing on PPV? Why the hell would you have them on if not? It's like presenting s**t to the viewer when they could be watching a wholesome episode of a show they may actually enjoy. Never mind this is Professional Wrestling after all! Oh yeah Abyss appears afterwards...*yawn*

Wilde/Kong next was surprisingly a good match with plenty of close finishes through out. An upset win to Wilde! Not sure whether to feel happy or sad for Kong and the whole of TNA in the light of how sh**** Wilde works the mic. Mind you, Kong could probably learn a thing or two from her. Actually reneg that thought, Kong just doesn't need to talk at all.

Guerrero/Kaz next was a great match up but sadly I glanced away and missed the bloody ending! Still probably a match worth checking out on YouTube if you're bored.

Main Event was Angle/Beautiful People vs. Styles/OBD/Kim in a very reasonable match.

All in all, TNA would be a great show! If only they fixed up their backstage segments and made some better decisions storyline wise. Otherwise they could prove to be a much better alternative to the WWE who for mine have been on a bit of a roll lately following the decline of that ghastly Vince's Millions game.

Wilde has only been a 'wrestler' for 2 weeks in TNA......her microphone skills reflect the fact that only two weeks ago she was answering the $25K challenge from behind the guard rail as a part of the audience.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Victory Road was awesome, save for the confusing main event finish. Samoa Joe looked f**king bad-ass, though. Like he should. World X Cup stole the show.

- TNA is said to be very happy with their TV ratings in Australia and could soon put together an Australian tour.

They'd better wait until I'm home!

The opening match at victory road was f**king incredible. Easily match of the year for TNA, possibly the best match in 2 or 3 years. The Dragon Gate guys were absolutely amazing.

Other than that, I thought Full Metal Mayhem was awesome. Team 3D have still got it! Some nice spots, and awesome bumps. The run ins ruined it though.

The main event was garbage. Horribly booked.

Ditto for the Sonjay Dutt/Jay Lethal match.

Ultimate X was meh. Why, oh why, was Kaz the only one with experience going into this match? Would have been better letting Chris Daniels represent Japan, as he too has UX experience. The last bump was fricken amazing tho. The interview portion was so crap though...why didnt the translater...translate?

Fans Revenge sucked. The stipulation was what let it down. Beer Money = gold, if they let Roode cut more promos in this vein!

The Knockouts sucked.

Though no Eric Young, no VKM, no Shark Boy and no stupid JB comedy attempts made this PPV a good watch though. 7/10, the opener was a five star match.

Once Dead

Bench
The opening match at victory road was f**king incredible. Easily match of the year for TNA, possibly the best match in 2 or 3 years. The Dragon Gate guys were absolutely amazing.

Other than that, I thought Full Metal Mayhem was awesome. Team 3D have still got it! Some nice spots, and awesome bumps. The run ins ruined it though.

The main event was garbage. Horribly booked.

Ditto for the Sonjay Dutt/Jay Lethal match.

Ultimate X was meh. Why, oh why, was Kaz the only one with experience going into this match? Would have been better letting Chris Daniels represent Japan, as he too has UX experience. The last bump was fricken amazing tho. The interview portion was so crap though...why didnt the translater...translate?

Fans Revenge sucked. The stipulation was what let it down. Beer Money = gold, if they let Roode cut more promos in this vein!

The Knockouts sucked.

Though no Eric Young, no VKM, no Shark Boy and no stupid JB comedy attempts made this PPV a good watch though. 7/10, the opener was a five star match.

Daniels as Curry Man was a member of Team TNA......although I do understand if you mean that he should have originally been a Team Japan member.

The X-Div tag match was sheer brilliance..........Milano AT and Yoshino just blew everyone away!

Kudos for Daivari and Kaz for that sick Ultimate X bump.....other than that, Daivari sucked......the match did lack some personality, maybe Yoshino would have been a better fit instead of Doi.

The ending to the main event was a massive disappointment and a massive downer.......they may be trying to establish Joe as a killing machine again and this is the first awkward step to building him up to what he once was and what the fans loved.

I don't think Willie Urbina is that great with his English skills therefore the Spanish translation didn't go down well.........I really thought that Team Japan really should have taken this X-Cup because they were BY FAR the team with the best chemistry, personality and in ring performance. I assume they went with the Team Mexico win to help talent transfer between TNA and CMLL and other Mexican promotions a lot easier.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Word is that two members of Team International (Daivari and Williams) and two members of Team Mexico (Guerrero/Bucanero) are joining TNA full time - while none of the Japanese talent were sticking around.

Once Dead

Bench
Word is that two members of Team International (Daivari and Williams) and two members of Team Mexico (Guerrero/Bucanero) are joining TNA full time - while none of the Japanese talent were sticking around.

I don't mind Williams or Guerrero, but Bucanero and Daivari can go jump

Once Dead

Bench
I'd have loved to see them keep SPEED MUSCLE and Milano, for sure. Looked awesome.

The problem is, they were more than awesome.......they were able to get the fans to love them because of their personalities.

Doi was the confident but quiet achiever...

Yoshino was a speed freak, smart ass who could sell like a freakin' machine! Very much a crowd favourite and lovable character. He has to be the quickest wrestler I have ever seen.

Milano and his invisible dog were classic. The way he carried himself was so very much model-like and fruity (the only way I could describe it) and he is instantly someone most fans would hate! His twisting moonsault finisher had my mate and I just looking and saying "THAT ISN'T PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE"

If TNA was to acquire X-Div talent, it should be THOSE guys.

Latest posts