What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The we must sign Gasnier thread!

Guvner

First Grade
Bang I would take Burraston's words seriously and know that WE are going to offer Gasnier a massive deal and it will set him up for life. ST George haven't got s### compared to the deal we will table on Wednesday. I have no SOURCES or MAIL as you put it. I think it means nothing to have sources without names. Burraston said it himself. We are going 'ALL OUT'. Burro will make it very hard for Gasnier to say no.

Problem is he has to come up with the compo for us to say yes. It should be an interesting week ;-) for some of us.

Alex28

Coach
Guvner - the compo wont be a problem. It might be an interesting week for some of us - just not who you expect ;-)

macavity

Referee
Problem is he has to come up with the compo for us to say yes. It should be an interesting week ;-) for some of us.

My understanding is the Dragons have right of first and last offer - not a right to compo. This is the scenerio set out in the paper yesterday too (can't find a link online).

I guess we will see.

Guvner

First Grade
It was Wiedler and he is wrong. Not surprisingly.

My understanding is the deal is sorted. The League just have to tick off the 3rd party deals and he can start training. You guys, along with a few others now, are just just keeping irons in the fire till we see if it gets ticked off or not.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
It was Wiedler and he is wrong. Not surprisingly.

That isn't where I got the mail from, but yeah, I don't trust him either.

My understanding is the deal is sorted. The League just have to tick off the 3rd party deals and he can start training. You guys, along with a few others now, are just just keeping irons in the fire till we see if it gets ticked off or not.

If you can land it, good luck to you. Gotta wonder if he is nervous about Saints 3rd party deals (again) though.

I now mostly want to sign him just to piss off the cocky Saints fans who have been douchebags about it. Any on-field contribution would be a bonus.... ;-)

Bang

Juniors
Unless the NRL say no to the deal Gasnier will be a Dragon sometime this week. His manager is only sounding out other clubs incase the NRL say no to the deal with the Dragons. The papers are just trying to beat things up to sell more papers.
I can't see the NRL saying no about the deal. Its the same as numerous other players are on.

Alex28

Coach
If you are so sure why do you need to keep coming in here convincing yourself of it?

The longer it goes on, the less sure a thing it is champ...

Alex28

Coach
JM...you like to suck the fun out of everything don't you...

He's the one looking like an idiot coming in here reassuring himself that Gaz is their man. I'm merely feeding him the bait.

I don't even know why they want him long-term when they could have the other Morris brother in 2012 instead...

Johns Magic

Referee
Sorry, I didn't realise saying "you must be getting nervous" and posting lots of :) was how you had fun.

I'd rather just let things run their course and laugh after if we get him than get everyone's hopes up and give everyone else ammo if he does sign for the Dragons.

Regardless of who you might think they should want, they actually want Gasnier. I'm as hopeful as you are but we don't exactly have a track-record of getting our man.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
JM...you like to suck the fun out of everything don't you...

He's the one looking like an idiot coming in here reassuring himself that Gaz is their man. I'm merely feeding him the bait.

I don't even know why they want him long-term when they could have the other Morris brother in 2012 instead...

Because he plays on the left, which is Coopers side. Cooper is off contract at the end of next year too & coincidentally, so is J Moz.

Be good having him back too as Coops heads OS on a golden handshake deal.

You heard it here first.

Alex28

Coach
Come on...it's fun! The deal isn't done yet. If the Dragons had got their man and he's supposedly starting training on Monday and all the other rubbish I have read on the forums here why are they bothering to see us? Why hasn't the NRL come out and said they can sign him for $50K in the 2nd tier for the remainder of the year?

Because it isn't across the line yet. The NRL hasn't even put a value on him under the salary cap - last I read was they were looking at his games in RU last year and putting a value on him for salary cap purposes and $50K was unlikely to cut it.

It isn't a done deal yet and I am not the ones at risk of looking silly. The Dragons fans who read the papers and come here bragging are the ones with the risk of looking stupid. After all we are expected to miss out on him aren't we?

roopy

Referee
Gasnier would balance Uate nicely.

Next year we could have Uate worth 500k getting 150k, and Gasnier worth 150k getting 500k.

Johns Magic

Referee
Uate would be worth $100,000 more with Gasnier next to him.

And the biggest plus of signing Gasnier is that we would no longer be seen as a club for dud players. He is as marquee as they come. We have a lot of money to spend on players for next season. If Gasnier is playing for us in a month then all these players we are talking to will be a lot more excited about joining.

Think of what happened with the Bulldogs a couple of years ago.

Weels

Juniors
In some ways I sorta hope we don't sign him.
I remember him at St George the games he missed because he was crook or injured.
Then there was the supposedly arguments and dramas with other players.
The Kingdom was not a happy place to be from the tales I heard from some St G fans.
Do we want that turmoil at our club?
I think not.

Latest posts